Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dream about being held back a grade in Jr. High  (Read 4885 times)

mjane

• View Profile
Dream about being held back a grade in Jr. High
« on: September 06, 2016, 12:28:24 AM »
I had a reoccurring dream that isn't as strong now, but I still have traces of it. It starts with getting to jr. high, so I would be about 14 and ready to graduate from jr. high. So I want to catch the city bus to go to school, but don't estimate the time right and I seem to have missed it. Then once I get to school, I might not know my locker number and feel like I may never have. Then I am trying to recall what classes I am in because I have a concern that there is one class or a few classes where I have missed a lot of the classes, but I am not sure and can't remember, so I have to figure it out. I have to locate the office to get my class schedule so I can figure out if I there was a class I missed so many days from that I have to extend the time I am in school and I cannot graduate at the right time. I do not necessarily ever get to the office, because I can't seem to find that either.

This dream bothers me because it takes place in such a "regressed" "elementary" setting and I am actually kind of behind where I want to be because I have bipolar, and it has held me back a bit in life. I am guessing the dream has something to do with not living up to my potential, despite the illness.

I would really appreciate any insight. Thanks.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Dream about being held back a grade in Jr. High
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 11:11:56 AM »
MJane – About your potential. I can’t see anyone who lives up to their potential, for our potential is infinite. Remember that we all developed from single celled creatures, and in that journey, we, as Life, went in uncountable directions, becoming all the millions of creatures we know as our brothers and sisters, the bacteria, the sea creatures, the plants, the insects, the reptiles and us, the mammals. We could still go anywhere in Life, but we have to meet and deal with the obstacles on our path. Please also see http://dreamhawk.com/poems/the-tree/

Also the name bi-polar is simply a description of symptoms, not of your potential. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNZVV4Ciccg

Your dreams are also very descriptive of the journey you have made, and the influences it leaves in you from those years. You start by describing missing the bus, missing the opportunity that others had. You go on to describe the many troubles you faced by missing the many advantages others had. The feelings from that time are still in you like scars or wounds.

I know it may sound like a strange thing to say, but those wounds are the very things that make you unique, and are the training ground necessary for you to express more of your potential. Obviously such training is hard, like marines or hardened soldiers go through, but it is a gift once you go through it.

The path I trod in my own training was via yoga, dreams and best of all LifeStream. They may not be for you, but are worth trying. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/integration-meeting-oneself/ - http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/opening-to-life/

Tony

mjane

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 02:36:16 AM »
Thanks for the reply. That does seem to make sense that I seemed to have met one obstacle after the other. I can see that it shows that something is missing. Thank you for the encouraging words about potential. When I was younger, I thought of facing adversity in a different way, like you showed that you were better than your challenges by getting into a better situation. I can see the wisdom of seeing that the difficult aspects of experience are a part of oneself and one can accept it and use it to become a better, more evolved person. So instead of fighting and rejecting, envisioning and making progress towards a greater self and to realize a unique and valuable identity that includes experiences and challenges.

I really had a strong preference for a rags to riches identity when I was young, and it doesn't always seem to have worked for me. I still want to feel like I have transformed my life, and get away from painful situations and it seems like how I view that journey needs to grow and evolve into something that makes more sense for adult life. It was really easy to have the mythology that I was Cinderella and I was going to make everything better and really apply myself towards that. Now, I have no poor background and discrimination to fight against and I have had feelings of having less hope.

I attempt to find some kind of framework that will carry me on my journey, like maybe adopting positive beliefs/ outlook again and being aware of the outcomes I want and moving towards them. It is hard to find a belief or outlook to hold on to to make life seem like I am going in the direction of a positive future again with the things I want.

Maybe in adult life you don't have big ideas, you just take steps forward until you get there. I think succeeding on the way is the only way to find out, and despite the meaning I had in life as a younger person, taking on the world to overcome things, I didn't succeed at everything I that I could have because that is exactly what was missing, having the resources and awareness to succeed at the things I needed to that were important.

I guess it is okay to still have obstacles, but I can work past them and still see that meaning and hope and get through them. And obstacles still have to be met before you get to the next thing. I didn't see the obstacles as so bad when I was an adolescent, and maybe they don't have to be bad now. They are still the same obstacles, and I can see life as being just as good, and it being just as much of a journey to overcome obstacles and make life better. So I guess in summary, it helps to see one's experiences and challenges as having potential. It can be confusing to get to where you want to go, so I guess it also helps to make progress and see that things are changing. Also,when you are an adolescent, it is easier to face things, but maybe as an adult, you need to see obstacles in the same light, and to find joy in dealing with them and the process of life.

Thank you again for the feedback and sharing the video about the girl with autism. Thanks again.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 02:38:27 AM by mjane »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 09:57:56 AM »
MJane - I wish you joy in everyday life  ;)

Tony