Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Gilded cages  (Read 4822 times)

cantkeep

• View Profile
Gilded cages
« on: October 02, 2016, 02:02:12 AM »
I'm sharing this mainly because it stood out from all the short dreams I had last night and because I enjoyed the imagery. It was really beautiful in a way that makes you wish there was some way to record such dreams  :P definitely would make up an interesting piece of concept art, but I don't think I can do justice to it.

There were gilded cages over high mountain peaks, those you can only see the sky and clouds around. The cages however were not like a traditional one would be, they had only edges of a slightly long vertical cube, made of solid bars of gold. In the first cage there was a man, I could hear him speaking in a foreign language that seemed to be Italian, still I could understand clearly despite not knowing truly the language. He was looking directly to the viewer or camera if it was a movie, even so I didn't notice his face or clothing. Behind his cage there was a second one, that had a woman inside facing the opposite direction. I was seeing everything in third view but somehow I was this woman in the second cage, face and clothing were also not noticed by me, even though I could see them inside the cages.

There was nothing visible that could prevent them from going out of the cage, it wasn't filled of bars, as I said just the edges. Then I noticed a big halo floating above the two cages, I'm not sure it was made of gold or bronze, I thought the color was most likely bronze, it was as if this halo had some invisible force and had somehow power over the cages, a magnetic field, I don't know. It was clear this halo kept the two of them imprisoned, together, close and apart at the same time in gilded cages. I could also see a woman wearing some long light colored dress to the left, watching them and felt that she was the one keeping them there.

The man was asking me to drag the other cages. I was then shown, as the "camera" moved to the right of the scene, more peaks and about 4 gilded cages with greco-roman statues inside and massive gray chains, made of silver perhaps, connecting them to our own cages. He said to me that if we could make those cages fall down the peaks that the chains would be pulled with intense force by the fall and free us.

I had no idea how could I possibly make these cages fall down or even move, being inside a cage just like him. Thinking of it in the literal sense, logic and physics would say that the chains instead of freeing us would drags us together to fall down the high peaks, probably he meant taking us out of the halo control, but still the fall seemed inevitable.

The dream ended and I concluded that I just had to be willingly to make these cages go down, I don't think he would ask me for something I had no power to do. He seemed to be anxious in a way, rooting for freedom, I didn't utter a word, I just watched and tried to understand. But inside the dream I could only think that he was asking for something I was incapable of doing just like himself, apparently was. Clearly he couldn't do it alone and was asking for help. While dreaming I was much less rational and not even lucid and I was way impressed about my surroundings because it looked so beautiful. Probably indicating how distracted I can become and not pay attention for the needs of those around (almost screaming for help) not exactly comfortable but somewhat numb inside a gilded cage.

I'd say the colors/materials being gold, silver and bronze means that the halo is the weakest thing keeping "us" in that situation, but that it requires something stronger to get away from it, the silver chains and the weight of the others gilded cages. Once the halo is gone, one can just walk out the cage and fall down, meaning abandoning the days of having the head in clouds and getting both feet in the ground.

I'd appreciate any other insight you all can offer, though I guess I understand plenty of the meaning of this already. Or am I still missing out something?

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Gilded cages
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 12:34:13 PM »
Can’tKeep – You speak about the, “the literal sense, logic and physics would say that the chains instead of freeing us would drags us together to fall down the high peaks, probably he meant taking us out of the halo control, but still the fall seemed inevitable.”

It is thinking ‘logically’ that keep people locked inside cages of their own making. The logical thinking in the way you describe it started with the Greeks and Romans and has developed into the main paradigm of today. Yet in 1900 a completely new way of seeing the world and ourselves and of course the ‘laws’ of physics. We were taught that the fastest anything could travel was the speed of light. But quantum theory showed that that was wrong, because quanta were everywhere at once – and they are the fundamental particles of our being – not atoms.

The American Heritage Dictionary defines a paradigm as – “A set of assumptions, concepts, values, and practices that constitutes a way of viewing reality for the community that shares them, especially in an intellectual discipline.”
We could say, in regard to the western mind, that many of us share ‘assumptions, concepts, values’ and prejudices that are at the base of how we believe life to be, and that we consider to be reality. However, if we examine this ‘reality’ we see it is made up of a set of theories and beliefs that have become cultural and generally accepted. The imprisoning aspect of this is that we take these assumptions, these theories of what reality is, to be reality itself. We actually see and live in the world as if what are shifting theories is concretely real.
In its simplest form, the paradigm mentioned can be described as having arisen from the mechanistic ideas of Newtonian physics, in which the universe was seen as a huge mechanical device. As Newtonian physics developed, the fundamental particle of the universe was defined as the atom. Nothing in scientific research at the time could prove that anything existed beyond the atom, and the atom is a physical object. Therefore, nothing other than physical substance was ‘real’. This, so it appeared, disproved the possibility of personal awareness being anything other than some trick of chemicals, molecules and atoms in the brain and body. There could be no spirit or life after death because, after all, we are only atoms! Nothing in our consciousness can exist unless it is produced by the physical brain.
We are product of Life’s biological processes, as such we and the world are all quanta processes. I believe dreams arise out of our Life process, and as such come from our which is beyond form, time and space, and dreams are a mixture if a core process and our personality that has been raised in the environment of time and space – so has to use images and actions that mean something to our poor imprisoned self – well, self-imprisoned.
Of course you can escape as soon as you realise that not only are you existing in a physical body, but also in the quanta state of timelessness and spacelessness. I know it is a tricky idea to live in, but we are all a paradox. The reason is that we are dual beings. On the one pole of the duality is focused self-awareness with consciousness of being an individual person. On the other pole we experience a void, emptiness – a nothing that is everything. Strangely enough we experience this paradox each day in some degree. The first while awake – the second when we sleep.

But whenever we dream its images are not like real life, because a dream is nothing like outer life where things could hurt you, but is an image like on a cinema screen that even if a gun is pointed at you and fired it can do no damage – except if you run in fear; so all the things that scare you are simply your own fears projected onto the screen of your sleeping mind.
It is also important to realise that every image, every scary or terrifying thing, is taken place inside you, in your mind, as you sleep. This means that every awful animal, every scary thing or person, is created out of your own fears and must not be seen as outside you as happens in waking awareness.

So of course you can set everybody – every aspect of you – free by using something like http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/secrets-power-dreaming/http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/lifes-little-secrets/ - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson or http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/lifes-little-secrets/

Tony

cantkeep

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 01:18:38 AM »
Thanks for your insight.  :)
I don't think I was really afraid of anything surrounding me and to be honest I didn't even try to escape or Idk, check if it was possible for me to go out. I was inside a cage but enjoying the view. It was that kind of dream where you just know something("some force imprisons me") as in being given unsaid information in your mind, but don't really check if it's true. So I guess the power to become free is something that is apparently illogical, that I can't see but have inside of me.

And thanks for the reading suggestions.  ;)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 08:42:12 AM »
CantKeep - Of course you are not afraid of the culture - paradigm - you were raised in, but even so most people raised in it and are trapped in it.

But you asked me about my view of your dream - and dreams have a very different agenda to most peoples waking awareness - the dream was loaded with the theme of being caged. Even the golden bars suggest the feeling that it is great to be caged, but your dream ends by you feeling there is no way out, and I took time - perhaps too much, to explain the situation.

Tony