Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: dark men, cake and a thought of rape  (Read 6803 times)

pimuli

• View Profile
dark men, cake and a thought of rape
« on: August 29, 2011, 12:16:01 PM »
I had a most peculiar dream with many elements and I have a little trouble piecing the information together; I hope some of you will have some helpful thoughts on interpretation!

I dreamed that I was in a garage; a repair shop for cars, first I was in the workshop itself, talking to my current boss, after a while I went out into a sort of car reception area, I could see my boss through some sliding doors that were a little open. I was out in the reception and I was eating cookies and cake, I found half-eaten packets of cookies and just piled everything on my plate, at the same time looking over my shoulder to check that my boss wouldn't see me. I also happened to look at a newspaper and the leading story was that three Jamaican athletes had been convicted of (I think) murder - and I remember knowing that they were in fact innocent of the crime. At some point I was also lying down in some bushes outside the car repair shop, it was night and I was lying on the ground in the arms of a man that looked like he came from the middle-east or thereabouts. In the dream there was previously another man that wanted to "hug" me in the bushes, but I had politely chosen not to, because I knew that he would have raped me.

This dream was very interesting and peculiar! Also in relation to the cookies and cake - I've had countless dreams about these foods the last couple of weeks. Does this have something to do with nourishment or addiction?

Christine

• View Profile
Re: dark men, cake and a thought of rape
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 04:47:11 PM »
I am wondering if there is some situation with an authority figure either in your professional or personal life you are working through.  Maybe a conflict in management style and/or personal values that you have learned to accept or make boundaries for yourself with...still allowing you to have cookies and cake....to feel good about yourself. 

pimuli

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 03:18:07 PM »
I was thinking along the same lines; the thing is that I have been planning other work on the side and maybe I'm feeling disloyal towards my boss about being in the process of moving away gradually. I still don't understand the hugging in the bushes and thinking of being raped though...

Christine

• View Profile
Re: Dark men, cake and a thought of rape
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 04:37:30 PM »
Hugging the middle eastern man in the bushes...might represent you embracing a "different" part of your male self...working to meet your own needs, wants and desires.

The man you said no to...who might have raped you...if you had said yes to him and he did rape you he would have met his own needs, wants and desires at your expense..

I very much appreciate you sharing your dream on the forum.  It is good to see that other women are successfully navigating the same internal conflicts.

pimuli

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 10:39:49 AM »
Thank you!
I've been thinking about blackness and black as a colour of wisdom (the black arts, black madonnas etc.) and maybe this refers to parts of me that are exploring spiritual avenues and wisdom and that I have some fear mingled with choosing a path that doesn't threaten me. I'm thinking about the newspaper article in the dream with the three black men who were convicted falsely - could that be a fear of being "prosecuted" if I embody that darkness? Interesting that if this is about the wisdom principle, it's about a masculine principle, not "sophia", the feminine principle. Am I totally off, or is there any sense to what I'm saying, do you think?