Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Past Life Dream?  (Read 4023 times)

peabody2

• View Profile
Past Life Dream?
« on: November 21, 2016, 09:31:38 PM »
For most of my life, I have been a skeptic of all things occult, supernatural, spiritual, etc and typically based my ideas of the universe on science. I was an ardent disbeliever in ghosts and anything that I couldn't see with my own eyes and touch with my hands.

Since my mom died in 2012, I have researched heavily into Near Death Experiences, Out of Body Experiences, Rebirth, etc and it has changed my worldview profoundly, notably the work by Dr. Bruce Greyson and Dr. Ian Stevenson, both of whom apply a scientific approach to the phenomena. They have cited thousands of cases of NDEs, OBEs, and rebirth occurrences that warrant serious consideration.

Anyway, I had a strange dream a couple of nights ago that won't leave my mind and keeps making me wonder if it could possibly some memory fragment from a past life.

A little background on me- I am 30 and live in NYC. I have never had a child. In the dream, I was none of those things yet I knew it was somehow me. I almost never have these types of dreams, they are rare for me.

In the dream, I was dressed in clothing that looked like something a southern housewife from years ago would wear (flowered dress, billowy hair, hat) and I was seated in the passenger seat of an old car. A man was driving who I knew was my son. He was roughly 25-30 years of age. He was a white man, strong brawny, cute and had brown hair. I also have brown hair. He was kind and we were driving down a road passing by trees and nature etc. We were definitely somewhere not on the coast, perhaps the South as the son had a slight Southern accent. He said to me something about being disappointed that he had been in jail. My eyes welled up and I looked at him and I felt so much love boil up inside of me. I loved this person very much as I was his mother in the dream. I said "I am so proud of you for getting out of jail. I really am, son." Then his eyes welled up with tears and he had to wipe his eyes and pull over and he said that the sentiment was almost too much for him. It seemed as though that some rift between us had occurred as a result of his going to jail, but had been healed after he was let out early for good behavior and finally I told him that I was proud of him regardless of what happened. Then we were happy and emotional and drove some more. The whole time, "I" had a lingering feeling of saddness about life, but was happy to have told my son how proud I was of him.

What do you think? Has anyone had dreams like this? It was such a departure from my typical life and dreams that I am wondering if there is more to this?
Last edited by peabody

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Past Life Dream?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 09:28:04 AM »

Peabody – Yes, of course people have dreams like yours. There is a fascinating one in this http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/reincarnation-and-dreams/#ReinProof

But I investigated reincarnation dreams and experiences and found that there is a huge paradox – such experiences can be true or false.

“The past life question is one that I explored over a number of years, and I haven’t written it up, so will have to try to put it down in a short version. Because we are dealing with the dream process, and also the business of resistance, we are walking in a massive maze – and yet if we have the right viewpoint it is all clear – our unconscious does not actually lie to us, but it may lead us to the great insight in stages.

This is true of many apparent past life memories. I had the experience in LifeStream of being a prisoner during the First World War. I was tortured and then strapped face down on a bed and buggered by several German soldiers. It was so real and emotional that at the end of it I really felt my feelings of ‘me’ were ‘buggered up’. I felt certain it was a memory of a past life because if its reality.

Now, my first experience of LifeStream where I relived my tonsil operation, when I emerged from it the neck tension I had experienced and the other symptoms attached to it were all cured. But after the First World War experience I still felt a mess. So, it led me to have a question about why I had such an impressive experience and I had not really cleared it. It was sometime before I came across the second level. In this I relived being beaten by several youths. Again, it was so real I asked my parents whether I had ever arrived home with signs of being roughed up. They looked at me as if I were somewhat mad. So,, the question still remained – what was really going on. When I finally broke through the resistances it was with great emotion that I realised the truth of what I had done to myself.

When I started masturbating my mother found out and with enormous emotion told me that if I didn’t stop I would die. I was only thirteen and it was a tremendous threat. What I didn’t know and only found out later was that my mother thought I had contracted TB – at that time TB was everywhere and in fact we knew people who had it. Also, it was known that TB energised one’s sexual urges, and that could speed the onset of death.

The effect on me, to cut a long story short, was that I learnt, through struggle to kill all sexual impulses, so for 8 years of my life I was dead sexually. That was my First World War I had fought in. The enemy I had fought and lost against was my own urges, and I had tortured myself and turned my sexual urges inwards – buggered myself in fact.

The second level was similar. I had been knocked about by my own youthful urges, which I resisted.
So, one can use any excuse or cover up – reincarnation – to avoid seeing the awful things we do to ourselves or have been done to us. I had several other apparent past life experiences that later I saw as traumas in this life.”

Your dream sounds fairly straight forward, but obviously you are only at the surface level of the dream, and beneath every symbol/image there are tremendous deeps of realisation. You can explore these by using - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPersonOrThing 

But if it is a past life you should be able to find traces of its experience in the present life. It should explain some of your present difficulties, talents, urges.

Tony