Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New York, New York  (Read 4473 times)

mokey

• View Profile
New York, New York
« on: November 25, 2016, 09:21:18 AM »
Last night I dreamt......I go to D's (my ex, but it doesn't look exactly like him), who lives with his Dad. (In real life, he hasn't seen his Dad since he was 4.)  We haven't seen each other for a week. He's sitting in a camel coloured chair and makes no effort to welcome me; no kiss, no hug, no real greeting. His Dad is to the right, Darren to the left, I am facing towards the way out. He says that he and six of his friends are booked to go and see a house at 11.30am and that I should go too. One of his female friends turns up, she's nice but I don't really want to go to the house viewing. I don't understand why he's moving in with all these people. We have a quick discussion and it's arranged that we'll go out for lunch after the viewing. Although I've met one of these friends and like her, I don't really want to meet up with the rest of his friends.

I am in my car driving to meet D and his friends at the house. I am coming from the place I grew up in. The house is in the town I lived in ten years ago and I am already five minutes late. I'm meeting D there. I get a text from D which says, 'Had a nap. Not going.' I am really pissed off that he's let me down again and that he didn't tell me beforehand. I am walking in a different town (in between the two towns already mentioned) with my phone in my hand about to text him back. I sit on a bench, a man sits beside me (or I may have sat beside him). He has dark hair and blue eyes. We talk and I feel very relaxed and comfortable around him. He's not my type but I can imagine us together. Inwardly I laugh that D's behaviour is what has brought me to finding someone, although I wonder if I'm positively judging the new man and settling for him too quickly, before I've really got to know him. This man is kind, considerate, caring and thoughtful. I snuggle into him. I look for my phone and see there's another message from D. I'd forgotten to reply so this message says 'Not speaking to me, Stroppy'. The words are hard to read as my phone screen is blurry. I reply to him and tell him it's over between us, that I've had enough of his crap. I wonder about asking this new man if he wants to get some lunch and carry on talking there but then a woman, who is either me or him, says she's going to get lunch. I ask her what she really wants and she says a KFC. I don't think this is a good choice for a lunch date meal but she gets one and eats it. I would have preferred something better so we could sit and talk but she's already eating it.

I go into a shop and look around. I go to the till and talk to the young, female cashier. As I leave, she leaves too. I ask her if she's supposed to do that, she says no, but that she wants to go. We walk from the shop (in my old town from 10 years ago) down towards her car. She says she's going to study at college.
I am in a shop, working. There are a row of tills and the boss is on the first till by the door and most of the customers are queueing there. Daniel (a boy I went to school with and who I was close to for a while. He was gay and had as many problems with his parents as I did with mine) is serving on one of the tills. A bottle of fizzy drink has leaked everywhere and there is liquid/coke all over the floor. The boss asks me to go on a till and serve. I intend to but first I go to a cupboard and take out a mop and start mopping up the liquid so that the customers won't slip. I think this is more important. I see the leaking bottle by Daniel's legs and keep mopping but the more I mop, the more liquid seems to appear. I can't keep up with it. I put the mop down and go to the till instead. As I walk to the till I say to a woman that she can come with her trolley to my till. I wonder if there's going to be enough space for her trolley as my till is set back from the others and a bit awkward to get to. At the till I start scanning her stuff, a lot of it takes more than one attempt to scan and I'm not sure it's all gone through, I have to listen for the machine beeping to know. Once it's all scanned she asks how much. I'm not used to the till and can't see the total button, it has changed since the last time I used a till. Someone shows me where it is and I look up briefly to see that it's £40.05. I tell her this, she gives me 35p in change but when I open the till and close it again I realise that I did it too soon. I look at how much she owes me and the price has changed because she had some offers and it's now £35.35.
Two of my female colleagues come over, although I think they're from head office, and we talk. I ask one of them how she's going to be singing her song at the pub on Sunday. I'm referring to D's pub. (D (my ex) spent his life in the pub outside of work. It was a sore point for me.) She says, "Will people be drunk?" and I scoff, not at her, but at the people that will be there and say, "Of course." and she says, "In that case, I'll do it like this." She then starts the song she's doing by continuously blowing out of her nose, it sounds like the beginning of a song played with a drum and a jazz brush. The song is New York, New York. I wake with the song New York, New York playing in my head.

* 11 days ago I had a dream which featured the song 'American Boy' and two months ago, during a meditation there was something significant about New York.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 09:29:09 AM by mokey »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: New York, New York
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 10:45:12 AM »
Hi - I am sorry to suddenly stop replying to dreams like this, but I must upgrade the dream dictionary – I started the revising in 2006, and haven’t got near the end yet. 

So for a while I urge you to read http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/i-am-no-longer-interpreting-dreams/

Also here are so ways you can find your dreams meaning - http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/questions-2/#Summing - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/getting-at-your-dreams-meaning/ or http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson and http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/opening-to-life/

Hundreds of questions about your dreams have already been answered if you scroll down to the very bottom of the page were people’s questions/comments were replied to. Also see http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/questions-2/

Tony

Christine

• View Profile
Re: New York, New York
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 12:16:01 PM »
Mokey,

The first part of the dream...the second paragraph...seems to be about how you deal with frustration and disappointment.

In analyzing my own dreams, I find it helpful to say "I see myself..." and then describe how you see yourself behaving.

So, as you described in your writing, I see you feeling unclear,frustrated and disappointed with D's behavior, yet choosing not to respond.  When he calls you out, for the same behavior, your dark man, possibly feeling defensive and angry for having tolerated the same behavior from D in the past, surfaces.  The woman, who represents the feminine or feeling part in you, wants fast food or quick nourishment.  That would be ending the relationship.  KFC might be "chickening" out.

This part of your dream might be showing you a pattern you are not aware of that you repeat or a recent choice you may have made.  It is showing you that there may be another or other options.

That is my interpretation, but you know yourself better than I do, so you may have a different view.

Chris