Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hugging and Crying  (Read 4759 times)

Sharlee_00

• View Profile
Hugging and Crying
« on: February 06, 2017, 08:35:41 PM »
I had the weirdest dream last night.  First and foremost , my husband and I just recently separated about 3 weeks ago. He finally admitted he has ptsd and depression and he thinks divorcing me will help him. I do not agree with that but, what can I do. In our last heated discussion I told him that he'll regret leaving me one day. So yesterday he came to visit the kids ,he and I made no contact whatsoever. When I went to sleep this is what I dreamed:

a little background info - he looks up to his grandfather . his grandfather usually likes to get in other peoples business so I chose to not get the grand father involved. When we lived with his grand parents his grand father loved my meat loaf.

the Dream- My husband his grandfather and a red dog named " Meatloaf" ;D came to my house. Grandpa had a bible in hand. I couldn't make out the words grandpa was saying but it seemed as if he was lecturing my husband and I. I sat in the middle of the floor with a stubborn unbothered type of look on my face. My husband said that he felt guilty for how he made me feel and gave me a hug from behind and started to cry very hard. I didn't embrace him back nor turn around. Tears eventually began to run down my face. We got up and started acting as if nothing happened as if we were back to normal. End of dream.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Hugging and Crying
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 10:19:32 AM »
Sharlee – When you think or feel anything about someone – your husband for instance – your thoughts and feelings are never actually that person, just your own thoughts and feelings. Dreams do exactly the same thing, so you are not dreaming about your husband, but ARE reviewing what you feel, hope, and think about him.

I guess you had something of a ‘bible’ background, along with meatloaf feelings; but they are no longer any great influence in your life.

You are obviously ready to make it up with him, but from what you say, he finds it hard enough to cope with his own inner world, and dealing with another person in overload. See http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/lifes-little-secrets/

Your dream illustrates that you have the ability to survive by not killing out your feelings for him, but letting him be – as at the end of the dream. Keep the feeling, that nothing has happened going, like a meditation, as in the dream. It may sound unreal, but it is really saying that despite all, you are okay, and there is no blame on you.

Tony

Sharlee_00

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 12:08:48 PM »
Thanks so much . I don't understand this one part
"Keep the feeling, that nothing has happened going, like a meditation, as in the dream"

Can you please explain what that means ?

Sharlee_00

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 02:54:14 PM »
 I apologize Tony . I read it over again and I get what you meant.  Thanks again .