Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ex-boyfriends  (Read 5225 times)

marianne

• View Profile
Ex-boyfriends
« on: February 21, 2017, 10:10:56 AM »
Hello again!

Sorry to be presenting another dream, but I've tried to figure this one out on my own and not making much progress.

Last night I dreamed that I met two of my ex-boyfriends. The first one was from my teens and was not at all serious. We were together only for a couple of months and he had a broken leg at the time. I found him a bit soppy and didn't like all of that, so finished it.
He showed up in my dream at some kind of student union type event. He said his wife had recently died.
Then I met another ex-boyfriend who I met just prior to a Cancer diagnosis in my twenties. Because of the diagnosis things never took off and again, it was never serious. He too turned up at this student union type event in my dream and called to ask me to meet him outside. He too said his wife had died. As we entered the building we encountered a gay couple having sex in full view of everyone through a glass door. I remember feeling both intrigued and disgusted that they would do it there in full view. I remember saying/thinking something like 'well that would never have happened in our day!'
We went back into the event (music, dancing, bar and food type thing) where I felt like I wanted to be there for both my ex boyfriends and divided my time between them, consoling them. But then I got fed up and introduced them to each other to let them console one another. I went to a nearby train station and ordered a hot chocolate at the café. A strange man approached me and we sat down together at a table to talk. Then I woke up.

marianne

• View Profile
Re: Ex-boyfriends
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 10:14:19 AM »
I should probably make it clear that the Cancer diagnosis was in real life and it was my own.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 12:00:29 PM »
Marianne – I have to put the next thing in – but don’t give up.

Hi – I am stopping from answering your posts fully – but will try to give hints; sometimes long ones because I quote from masses I have already put online. Also I need to take time to update the site – dreamhawk.

It would help you to understand your dreams, if you would read – http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/questions-2/#Summing and also http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/features-found-on-site/

Nothing can replace your own ability to understand your dream. With a little effort you can do this by practicing what is described in – http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPersonOrThing or http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/getting-at-your-dreams-meaning/

Tony

First, you must realise that our ex’s are never lost, because they are in your memories. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/exs/

Your dream seems to be a way of reviewing past experiences of ‘love’ and deciding that you want or need a new ‘strange?’ man. But you managed to care for, integrate your past ex’s. A good thing to do.

All the images, people, animals, places we see in our dreams, are simply your own feelings, fears, hopes and wonder projected onto the screen of your sleeping mind as images. So, it makes sense to take the image of your dream person, thing or animal back into you and own it. In that way, you are meeting and dealing with the things about yourself you are not owning or conscious of. That is why dreams are often difficult to understand, because we are hiding things from ourselves. To do this you can use Being the Person or Thing

The cancer – I did realise.

Tony

marianne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 09:54:16 PM »
Thanks Tony,

it occurred to me late last night as I was dropping off to sleep, that the dream was to do with my feelings of self worth...and that possibly both of these ex boyfriends, although never serious were perhaps the only ones who valued me. But once they expressed that they valued me, I rejected them because I didn't value myself.

It was a helpful dream because one of my ambitions is to write a story to empower young women.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 09:46:20 AM »
Go for IT!!!

As I said, you are the best interpreter of your dreams.

Something that I have seen often before, is how, particularly women I suppose, have often failed to understand the great power they have in their instinctive sexual drives.  Those drives links them with their ability to create and be creative.  But what I see is that those drives need not be expressed through producing a child.  This does not mean they need to be frustrated or repressed, but that they be accepted and directed into another direction.  It means being fully aware of the sexual dynamics of interrelations, in business, in work, in everyday dealings with people.

Writing is one of those other ways. Something else I have seen is that we all have unlimited potential, but we get in the way of it by doubting ourselves. So now the way is clear.

Tony

« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 09:53:46 AM by Tony Crisp »

marianne

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 09:16:26 PM »
Thanks for the words of encouragement.
Working on it, had another good dream last night, managed to suss it out for myself with a little help from the dream dictionary!