Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Alcatraz  (Read 4328 times)

Ratbeast

• View Profile
Alcatraz
« on: February 26, 2017, 10:29:45 PM »
I have been having dreams of fish lately that I feel may be connected to this dream that I am about to share. (In the two previous dreams, I caught a large and impressive fish, in the other I saw two huge fish with pinkish feet-type fins swimming down a clear stream in front of my home. I pointed them out to my husband and we watched in awe. Our dog actually chased after them, jumping on one before disbanding!)
But OK. My dream last night was so intense and bizarre, and I need help to understand it.

I was watching a video, but it ended up that I was in the video, if that makes sense. It was about a man who had escaped Alcatraz, but no one knew it expect the director, of course, and a couple other people. I was in total disbelief that he could have done it, and of course felt empathy because such an experience would be so alienating and impose so much secrecy and guilt on a person. Anyway, I embarked with this man on a journey BACK to Alcatraz, I suppose because he was going to prove to me he actually escaped, and he had to pick up some stuff from his jail cell (ha-ha). We were going to cross the ocean, and he said it would be fine to walk across because it always had a layer of ice "two feet deep" on top. I started walking on the water, but soon enough it became thin, and we fell into a cold ocean with small bits of ice floating here and there. I remember thinking that I should have known better, because oceans never freeze over. The ocean was quite vast and the shore was so far away, I felt we would never make it. A gentle wave came, but otherwise the water was calm. We started to swim and made it to the shore where the prisons was. We had to climb a fence with barbed wire at the top and then scale a wall to climb into a tiny window where his cell was. It was packed with items. He grabbed a stack of papers he wanted to take back. They weren't quite fitting in a binder clip, so I handed him another, but the didn't fit in that either. I wondered how he would get the papers back without getting them wet.
The next part of the dream, I was watching a woman dance on top of the prison. She was letting loose, flipping around, with these huge harem pants. Then there was another woman, also flipping around, in workout machines that were colored bright blue. It was mesmerizing and beautiful to watch.

In the end of the dream, I got a job in a LTSR (long term service residential, a mental health facility). I would have no direct contact with patients other than getting items they needed behind locked doors, and helping them shower, if needed. This part (helping them shower) scared me, and I didn't really want to do it, but I was trying to work through it. The dream ends here.

I feel like this dream has some powerful images for me: prison, icy ocean, walking on water, the mental facility. (I work in mental health, btw, and have experienced mental health difficulties myself) I can't get this dream out of my mind. I didn't feel it to be as hopeful as the other water dreams I have been having. But... any insight anyone has would be appreciated. Seems like there could be a relation here between my experiences with emotional difficulties (depression, anxiety) and my relation to the world, but I am just in awe of this dream and unsure right now. Thank you.

Christine

• View Profile
Re: Alcatraz
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 08:22:29 AM »
What a wonderful dream!  I am thinking the man in the dream is the masculine part of you...some call it the animus.  Given your own journey through depression and anxiety, the going back to get papers might be about retrieving your own story, celebrating it and using it to help others.  It is a way of honoring yourself and others at the same time.  At some point in your career, you may help others retrieve their own story as well.

"The fish can therefore depict something arising from within us that could be nourishing or threatening, depending on ones dream. For instance a person might allow feelings from within to emerge that had been held back. As the feelings flow a new sense of self might emerge, and be depicted as a fish."

The beginning part of the dream I feel is about you or some aspect of you evolving.  Water usually represents feelings and sometimes unconscious feelings in particular.  So maybe you are coming out of a period of being primarily in a feeling state.  Dogs can be playful or aggressive...sometimes it is hard to tell which one they are being.  They also can be a little more challenging to control.  I myself have a fear of dogs and much prefer cats.  So I am thinking the beginning part of the dream might tie in with the end.  People might feel vulnerable when they are naked and that might bring up some feelings and fears in you.  So, how do you protect yourself with other people?

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Alcatraz
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 10:45:20 AM »
Ratbeast – To add a little to Christine excellent summary – You said in your introduction that you have joined the Eastern Orthodox Church – a church without a pope – an ancient belief system. I mention that because of your fish dream, as you probably know, the fish is a symbol not only of the Christ, but also the period that we have just passed out of. We were in the age of Pisces, a water sign. We have now moved in the Age of Aquarius, an air sign.

Pisces as a “Water” sign was also bound up with the emotions, and so we find the first act of Jesus was baptism - water, where he was anointed and received the Christ Spirit. In this age, we explored the waters of the world and so entered a new era. But as we enter on the “Aquarian” era, “Aquarius,” is an “Air” sign. It has to do with Mind and Intellect and the “outpouring” of knowledge and new phases of truth. It is not directly a religious sign. It brings no new great religious movement or cult, but it will do a great deal towards a new understanding of all past religions; it will unravel much that has been obscure, misunderstood, and mysterious in them. It will rediscover much old, forgotten truth, and the sources of old failures. It will deal with Religion, less as a matter of creed and dogma than as a universal unfolding and development of moral and spiritual qualities in mankind. In that way, it will bring the world nearer to the essence of all religion. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/archetype-of-christ/

But your fish have two feet like fins – an evolutionary sign, getting ready to take a new stage of development – the land. It suggests that big parts of you – the fish – are getting ready to move out of an unconscious state of merging with all life – the ocean – and will emerge into directly knowing your connection with the All.

I don’t want to lead into confused ideas about ‘being at one with everything’. “A bizarre aspect of scientific quantum theory is what is called entangled electrons. I was that information in one electron instantly passed between them. They could be millions of miles apart, yet, if one particle was tweaked the partner instantly reacted. The separated particles reacted at the exact split-second as their interlocked companion no matter what else was happening or how far apart they were apart.”

Remember that quantum are the most basic parts of your body/being/consciousness. They are not some dreamed up idea. A new/old reality is being shown us which is not based on belief. It is now proved without a doubt that everything that ever was or is, is everywhere and all at the same time. There are no separations in reality, including after death. The paradox is that this same Oneness can be one and separate at the same time.

That is a lot to take in, but explore your fish and what it means to you for yourself by using http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPersonOrThing

The rest of the dream is an extension of what you can learn or grow from your fish dream. Remember that dream images are like icons on a computer screen - You have to ‘click’ on your dream images to make them come alive. Thinking about them doesn’t work. You need to open yourself to the magic of them. To make them into the wonderful gateways they are you may have to learn certain skills – mentioned above.

The prison is where society keeps people locked up, so it is saying that a male and adventurous, amazing aspect of you has found a way to break free of the social – programming – we are largely ruled by. But of course you still have a lot of growing to do to make it real in everyday life. See http://dreamhawk.com/interesting-people/animal-children/#Program

Walking on water is again a reference to the huge misunderstanding of Christian ideas. It is all taking place in your inner world. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/inner-world/#MakesInner

The rest, with the ideas Chris presented, you can explore for yourself. It is important that you develop such skills because your dreams show the immense possibilities you have – which remain cloaked without your own abilities. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/practical-techniques-for-understanding-your-dreams/  :)

Tony
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 09:44:02 AM by Tony Crisp »