Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: One of Them Has to Leave  (Read 5463 times)

Christine

• View Profile
One of Them Has to Leave
« on: September 01, 2011, 11:50:31 PM »
I am in a store.  A tall woman, black hair, skin and clothes stands on my left facing me.  I tell her that it is funny as you get older you start doing things that remind you of your own mother.

There is a rack of berets and scarves, one of each on a hanger, all wrapped up in plastic each with an invoice stapled to the front as if they have been dry cleaned.  Most of the them are soft and knitted in pastel colors.  I choose the one which has sturdy black hat, felt or wool maybe.  Both the black hat and scarf have a the front of a beautiful golden ship on them...old fashioned ship (like the ones in the movie Master and Commander).

I hear a voice say "There are two planets in this house and one of them has to leave."

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: One of Them Has to Leave
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 01:16:51 PM »
Christine – I see this as a dream about your future growth - the growth of your personality or potential.

It starts with you in a store, which often relates to you looking for something you are seeking or want. And then a woman stands on your left – if you are right handed this suggests your less dominant self, the self that stands in the background of your behaviour but is not expressed so prominently. The woman with black hair, skin and clothes also suggests a partly unconscious self – in the background again.

So I feel the last thing that was said, "There are two planets in this house and one of them has to leave” seems vital. A planet is a world, and a world in the language of dreams is a different life and culture, so I feel that the mention of you mother ties in with the different hats – thoughts and style of presenting oneself – and the dry cleaning suggesting a change that is still about your potential.

The two worlds could therefore be about the world you grew up in from the influence of your mother, and the ‘you’ that has been kept in the background that you are emerging into or growing towards.

There is an awful lot of growing going on.

Tony

Christine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 07:32:30 PM »
Your interpretation was very helpful.

In the past I have had difficulty expressing "negative" feelings...setting boundaries.  I just ended up letting other people get away with too much, internalizing all my anger, became extremely depressed, abandoning people I care about (the shadow of my mother)...or just the opposite... unconscious evil tongue, acting out anger unconsciously in a passive aggressive way, behaving badly enough so that others abandoned me (my fathers dark side).  The latter I have not done in a long time.

I am in a situation now where I need to express myself with an authority figure in a different way, establish boundaries for myself and stay in relationship with this person.  I am terrified of being abandoned.

I will take the gold ship as a good sign...I think the black hat and scarf have to do with accepting and expressing negative thoughts and feelings.

Thank you for being there. 

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 09:23:16 AM »
Thanks so much for telling so muc about yourself. I too didn't know how to express anger until it exploded and was destructive. But I found a safe way of expressing all of me in LifeStream -  the bad and the wonderful.

I suppose some of it takes time and experiment.

Tony