Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Drive  (Read 4392 times)

Christine

• View Profile
Drive
« on: April 27, 2017, 07:25:19 AM »
I am driving on a highway in the fast lane on the right, but not too fast.  On my left, I see a gold car with a woman driving ahead of me.  As I speed up and am parallel to her, I look at her and see myself.  Up ahead I see the road curving to the left and on the right another highway with cars going in the opposite direction.

Next I walk towards a long buffet table of food.  It looks like Indian food and I take a little of the different foods I like.  I walk past a two person booth.  On the right a dark boy and on the left a dark older male.  The latter does not have a lot on his plate and I ask "did you not get enough to eat?" and I give him some of my food and he starts to eat it.  The boy on the right says "my father did not want me to drive."

On my way out I stop at the hostess or host table as I see a small container of shiny silver jewelry.  I touch the jewelry and look at the pieces and walk away leaving it there.

Next I am walking out of the buffet room, I can feel the boy behind me.  We walk outdoors and then I am driving.  On my left a large wooden building with stained glass windows.  The boy asks "what is that?".  I say "that is the BaHai....we will have to go there someday."

(I know of the Bahai faith and that it might also mean brother).

I am not sure but I feel like the dream is about my father not wanting me to control my own direction/life...that some men are also treated like that by their fathers...I lost myself letting others drive me...their will to power over others...yet I have also been guilty of that.  Power struggle.  I like being alone now...not in that struggle.  Anything you might be able to add would be appreciated Tony.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Drive
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 08:44:02 AM »
Chris – You are still very much into the power struggle side of your experience. So you missed the excellent start of your dream. You in fact are very capable of handling your own direction as YOU. Also up ahead you see yourself driving a golden car – a sure sign of future success – and you are in control.

Still further ahead a road curves to the left. In most dreams the right is the outer world we know through our body – the left is the inner world we know if we explore the world within us, and the road is the journey of our life. Another promise for the future?

The Indian food you partake of is nourishment from your inner life. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/inner-world/#MakesInner

The darker man and child is influence you carry within you. When I was in India I saw many men as you described - their will to power over others. Shop owners, always men, sat in a large chair in the middle of the shops, ordering the women assistants about, even shouting at them. Always keeping their hands on all the money taken – very, very officious.

Perhaps you can take time to imagine the boy disregarding his father and driving well. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/example-15-life-changes/

The Bahai faith may represent a future which is a synthesis of all religions, but the dogma of none.

Tony

Christine

• View Profile
Re: Drive
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 07:40:51 PM »
Thank you Tony...your comments have given me some things to work on.