Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: HI all  (Read 7172 times)

zen pig

• View Profile
HI all
« on: May 02, 2017, 08:44:57 PM »
nice to find this site.  I live in the mountains of northern Colorado, and have sat in zen meditation for over 7 years.  every day,  and have found that my dreams have changed.  at first, i stopped having any "bad or nightmare" dreams, now days,  almost all of my dreams are lucid or semi-lucid,  (where in semi-lucid, i get into the story of the dream, until it either gets boring, or turns in a direction i do not care for, and then i decide to scrap it and start another one- where in lucid dreams,  they are typical where i can become an animal, fly, do just about anything)... the thing i have been starting to see, is that even the most lucid dream still has rules. so to speak. dreams and "real life" seem to be very much the same.
well, that is for another time and story, but just to say happy to meet you all.  very difficult to find real dream sites anywhere.  most are just sales gimmicks.  cheers. zp

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com

zen pig

• View Profile
Re: HI all
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 02:12:42 PM »
thanks Tony.  good in-depth article on lucid dreaming.  will look at rest of links after work day. so far my lucid dreams are kind of divided into just curious lucid dreams, and those who have very deep wisdom.  and also those i start out flying or something else, and decide i want to see something deeper.

One of the classic lucid dreams i had just a while ago,  started out as the "nude in public" dream that many have, where you are nude, but no one seems to notice, except you, and you are very embarrassed,  but no one else seems to notice.
anyway, started out as the typical nude dream, then i became lucid, and said,  "the hell with this, i am going to let it all hang out",,,,,,, and then started to speak very loud and say to everyone, "hay !  can't you all see that i am nude"???  At that point one person saw me and started to laugh, (at least he did not point and laugh). 
I walked up to him and waved my hands though his form, and he dissolved, (I still feel bad at that for some reason), 
This makes me wonder if i will ever have another nude dream again?  haven't had one since.  amazing stuff. 

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: HI all
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 08:12:25 AM »
ZP - The images or people in your dreams are all simply images -  All the people, animals, places you see in your dreams, are simply your own feelings, fears, hopes and wonder projected onto the screen of your sleeping mind as images. So, it makes sense to take the image of your dream person, thing or animal back into you and own it. In that way, you are meeting and dealing with the things about yourself you are not owning or conscious of. That is why dreams are often difficult to understand, because we are hiding things from ourselves. To do this you can use Being the Person or Thing

Nearly always when people dream about someone they know or a strange new person or situation they automatically believe the dream is about that person, situation, or animal. But when we think of our friend or partner our thoughts are not them – just our thoughts and feelings about them.

Also, whenever we dream its images are not like real life, because a dream is nothing like outer life where things could hurt you, but is an image like on a cinema screen, so that even if a gun is pointed at you and fired it can do no damage – except if you run in fear; so, all the things that scare you are simply your own fears projected onto the screen of your sleeping mind.

Please read http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/masters-of-nightmares/

Tony