Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Invitation  (Read 9835 times)

Patricia

• View Profile
Invitation
« on: June 14, 2017, 10:19:10 PM »
Hi dear Tony, excuse me I am sending you this message here, but I would like to kindly make an invitation to you. I just finished writing a story about how I overcame suicidal depression and I look forward to publish it so I can inspire-help others. The tittle will be: Conversations With the Sun: Rescuing the Child Within to Find True Love, Wisdom and a Life Purpose. One of the things I did to heal was to pay attention to my dreams, as you know, and learn their interpretation and do the correspondent exercises in order to heal and evolve. I am very grateful for your help, thus I would love to acknowledge you in my book by including a quote from you, if you may I, about the importance of interpreting dreams and-or what they represent in our lives. The quote can be taken from the interpretations and comments you already made to my dreams, so you won't have to invest much time on this, if you don’t want. My 2 books will be published in Spanish and English, which I believe will bring more visitors to your web and more readers to your books. Please let me know your thoughts about it, hopefully you consider my invitation. I can let you know more about my books at your request. I'll wait for your answer. Thanks again for guiding our dreamy journey. Love, Patricia.   

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Invitation
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 09:39:19 AM »
Dear Patricia – Thank so much for telling me/us about your book. To let people know that there is a way through such human problems as you describe is a wonderful thing to do.

You know that I am not the only contributor on Dreamhawk, so if you can write something, a feature, about your journey I will consider publishing it. Obviously, put links to your book, even Facebook. Every little helps.

“Human life itself is strange and mysterious, and because dreams display the workings of our mind and imagination, they are among the most mysterious and fascinating aspects of our life. We can begin to appreciate what our wonderful dream creator can do when we realise that every night we create five or more unique dreams. Tony Buzan emphasises this by saying that the complexity and scope of the human brain is beyond belief. He goes on to say that even comparing it with the vastness and intricacy of a galaxy is a modest analogy. This is because our three and a half pound brain mass have in it about ten billion nerve cells. Each of these cells can link with any of the others through patterned connections which outnumber in scope the atoms in the universe. As we think, as we experience and feel responses, as we create thoughts and dreams, our brain flashes through these unimaginable number of patterned connections thousands of times each second. This is beyond our normal ability to imagine, despite the fact it is happening to us personally.”

Here is a possible quote – but choose any you think will suit your flow.

Tony  :) ;D >:( :o 8) ::) :-*
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 09:41:29 AM by Tony Crisp »

Patricia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 12:04:59 AM »
Hi Tony, thank you so much! I have a question, do you consider that there is a healing or improvement in our lives in any way when we are able to change our dreams? for instance, changing a recurrent nightmare? do our lives improve in any way when we learn to respond to the events in the dream and then change them? Does the interpretation of dreams help us in any way? thanks.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 09:01:20 AM »
Patricia – Thinking level interpretation only seems to influence the conscious level – but diving into the depths of ones mind and changing things certainly does change you.

But a dream is something that comes from a deep part of you, from your core self, the Life process; it is something that is working upwards toward being conscious. As such it often, like a seed, takes time to break through to the surface, and then it has to grow. The dream images are attempts to communicate something that has probably never been thought about or even been consciously known about, so has never been put into common conscious thinking before. It is a communication from the depths, from beyond thought, and so any interpretations that are given by thinking may completely miss the point.

An example of exploring a nightmare:

Example: Had a very unusual dream last night. I was in an outdoor environment. It seemed a bit dark, or maybe morbid is the right word. I was with other people but none of them stood out to remain in memory. There was a definite awareness though of being near to a place that was haunted, and that a man was in trouble in the haunted place.

I decided to go and see if I could sort out the problem. I walked down a slope to where the centre of the haunting existed. It was an open space with an old double-decker bus in it. The only person on the bus was a middle-aged man who was sitting on the top deck leaning out of a window on the right hand side of the bus. I stood beneath him and looked up. He was staring in a glazed way and didn’t see me. I could see and feel that he was being hit by fantasies or hallucinations by whatever was the source of the haunting. This invasion of his mind was grabbing his attention so fully that he wasn’t aware of his surrounding or of me. I was sure that if he went any deeper into this mind stuff he wouldn’t be able to pull out. I waved my hand in his line of vision and banged my hand on the bus to make a noise and get his attention. At first it didn’t seem as if I would bring him out of it, but after a while he looked at me.
I shouted at him to pull out. I said that he had a wife and some more years of his life to live, so why lose himself into this entrancement. This didn’t seem to grab him so I shouted again and said that he would eventually slip into this empty mind world anyway – at death – so why not live with his wife the remaining years of his life. I was sure that if he lost awareness he would let himself starve.

I was aware that what he desired was to slip away into the Buddhist void, into the awareness of the one life in which he lost any awareness of self. But I banged and shouted and he became more ‘present’. I then felt I had to confront whatever was the source of the powerful ‘haunting’ that was pulling him into the inner mind. I turned away from the man and saw just to my right a short distance from the bus an animal that was the ‘haunter’. It was a mammal of no particular type – a bit like a mixture of dog, rat and guinea pig. It seemed very ordinary and tame, and stood looking at me. I walked toward it and stretched out my hand. It was a tan colour with short fur and gave a feeling of being okay to approach, so I touched it to stroke. This was okay and I was thinking there was no problem when the creature leapt at my throat in a flash of movement and ripped my throat out.

This sounds disturbing but I simply observed this and thought to myself that stroking and trying to be friendly was no way of dealing with this thing. It was as if I was in command of the imagery in that I simply formed another body. But then it dived into me to devour me from within. The only way that felt as if I might deal with the creature was to have the meditative state of holding on to the nothingness that was my centre, and not feeling panic at it’s attacks. In fact apart from the gory imagery, there was nothing to be frightened of, as the creature was only attacking my dream image of myself. As I wasn’t identified with this, it couldn’t hurt me. That was the end of the dream.

But later I explored the dream and it aroused a great anger and hatred for what my mother did to me, which led to this wild devouring anger inside me. It took a while to release it using what I call Lifestream, but when it was finished I felt I understood why she did what she did and I felt forgiveness. It left a marked change in my life.

See http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/lifes-little-secrets/ and http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/what-we-need-to-remember-about-us-3/#Influence

Tony
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 09:31:22 AM by Tony Crisp »

Patricia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 05:10:27 AM »
wow, your healing experience is somehow so similar to mine. I also suffered from depression and tried meditaion, yoga and a healthy nutrition, but most importantly, I searched deep inside me for causes and solutions. I also wanted to change from deep inside, refusing to take pills to keep the status quo. Interpreting our dreams might not be all the work we can do to heal any symptom, but would you say it is a first step to start understanding our dreams? I think that exploring the dreams includes some interpretation. Is OK to say that you and I and people who explore their dreams are connected to themselves, to their inner world and therefore we can experience a true inner healing-transformation as our dreaming or dreams change, too? I just can see how my dreams changed allowing me to see how my fears had decreased, thanks to the fact that I learned how to respond to certain events in my dreams; in a way writing down my dreams allowed me to keep a track of my improvements at an uncosncious level, that's how I could see I was improving my thinking, my deep feelings, my inner life and eventually my outer life in the way that I began to make new different decisions. Would you make a similar conclusion of your healing process as well? Thanks Tony. 

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2017, 09:08:50 AM »
Patricia – Certainly dream work opened the doors to real change. But it was, for me, only half the work. The real work began when I realised that dreams only partly allow the healing process because we cannot help but resisting it because of fears. When we started an experimental group the power of our own process broke through. That is explained in http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/the-waking-lucid-dream/ and http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/lifes-little-secrets/ and also in books such Mind and Movement and Liberating the Body.

It was such an incredible experience for me, I have tried communicating to in many ways, but have largely failed because people think they have to ‘do something’ and even when it happens they quickly shut it down because it is too big. In fact they hope to copy or learn ‘how to do something’ – all rational stimulated functions.

Examples of this are –

Example: Her arms quickly began the spontaneous movements to her abdomen without needing any priming by finding the tensions. The movements were much stronger this time and her whole body became involved. Her knees drew up and her abdominal area domed. She made very little sound - some people are extremely vocal - but she was intensely absorbed in the movements for nearly an hour before they stopped and she lay peacefully. She then sat up and told me she had experienced something extraordinary. She said that four years earlier she had been divorced and went to live in Spain with her children. While there she had an affair with a Spaniard and became pregnant. Because she already had children and did not want to stay with the man, she had an abortion. During her body movements it had seemed to her as if the life in her had said the abortion had hurt it. It then led her through the spontaneous movements to complete the process of birth of that baby, and in that way she now felt whole. The process of birth which had been cut off had been able to complete itself. 

A female student once said to me, ‘I have relaxed thousands of times and no unwilled movements have happened, so why will it be different this time?’ She went on to say, ‘I don’t believe there is anything in me to create the sort of experience you are talking about anyway!’

Example: Tony explained to us about letting whatever came, come. I did not understand too well, but lay down with the others and he came to each of us briefly and moved our arms, and left us lying. Perhaps two minutes passed when I felt a distinct twitching around my brow, which was repeated, and then it spread down my face, a downward pressing movement. My face was involved then in a big muscular movement, pressing down, seeming to flatten the face, and then spread down the body towards the feet. Gradually my whole body became involved in big waves of pressing movement which flowed down, lifting and tossing my legs, so that my heels were banging on the floor. Wave succeeded wave. I did as he said, and let it happen, using the skills to relax which I had learnt. I wasn’t afraid, although I couldn’t imagine what was happening to me. Instead I felt happy and elated, warmed through. I knew I had found something of great significance, but it was many months before I could put words to it. It remained an intriguing mystery, like a dropping away of chains, or a touching of promise, while I passed through the pain of divorce. I feel that my experience that day released considerable energy. It did not break my marriage - that would have happened anyway. But I received strength which I used for my needs at that time. Months later it came to me with the force of revelation that I had been born that day.”

Eventually I called it LifeStream - http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/the-lifestream/

Tony

Patricia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2017, 04:17:54 AM »
Hi dear Tony, thank you so much for your cooperation and participation! I went over all the comments you have made to my dreamwork since 2014 with your help and I pulled together two different possible quotes from you that would best describe the dreamwork I've done and how I became aware of our interdependency, which helped me understand my social, spiritual, and family issues. Both topics are presented in my upcoming book. Each one of the quotes are written with your very words in different times, I just put them together. I didn't add anything, except for the word book, which file I can share with you any time you request it; I've emailed you the introduction. With these quotes and your name in my book, I'll refer my readers to you, they will know your web and your books. My book will be published in English and later in Spanish. I will also include the link to your web and books in my webside, which is under construction right now, so my visitors will have the choice to consult with you in case they want farther development. Please let me know your opinion, I only need your final approval.

"In this book, Patricia not only shows how the interpretation of dreams influences the conscious mind, she also dives into the depths of her mind, where the core self is. Changing our dreams is the most difficult thing to do. By entering her dreams, she planted the seeds of her future self, and she shows you the basics of this complex process so you will be able to start establishing the same communication from beyond thought, and to accomplish healing from the depths of your mind as well. Patricia’s journey is one of discovery directed by her future self, who comes up when is in contact with great love and peace, and is aware of the More and the enormous potential presented in everybody else."

"As human beings, many of us are out of touch with what relates us to our environment and to the universe. Millions of us are sick enough to require antidepressants, continuous supplies of alcohol or mind numbing drugs in order to function. We live in family, social, political and economic situations that are part and parcel of our sickness. Patricia’s analysis of events helps you understand our connection to the universe as well as to clarify some life mysteries in order to understand mental, personal and family issues. Reading this book will give you a clear sense of connection with the whole; without any awareness of our interdependence, sickness takes place."

-Tony Crisp. bestselling author of Dream Dictionary: An A to Z Guide to Understanding Your Unconscious Mind and writer at Dreamhawk.com

best,
Patricia.