Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dreaming of deceased loved ones killed in different circumstances  (Read 5131 times)

luciddreaming22

• View Profile
Dreaming of deceased loved ones killed in different circumstances
« on: September 02, 2011, 07:23:30 AM »
Hi all

I dreamt last night my ex partner (who passed away 2 yrs ago from a sudden Heart attack) was killed in a fiery bus crash, when i ran in to help him I was talking telepathically to his charred remains, which frightened me to look at. He was asking me to look after a female named Tammy, (I don't know a Tammy). I was crying and telling him how muched I loved him. It was a distressful dream.

I have also dreamt about my brother (who died from a drug overdose) that I found him face down in the bath and was distressed that he had died!

Why would I dream about these people dying in different circumstances than they did and have to  'relive' the pain of losing them again?

Thanks
LD

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Dreaming of deceased loved ones killed in different circumstances
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 02:14:49 PM »
Luciddreaming – I believe these awful dreams arise out of the culture we grew up in – a culture that sees death as the end of all. We see it on all sides. Even if we believe in survival of those we love the negative influence of the scientific opinion, based on the ancient belief that the atom is the basis of us, and consciousness arises out some obscure brain process, and as atoms are physical, we are completely wiped out at death.

That is not so, and I state it not as an article of faith or belief but from experience. It is good to read the book Closer to the Light, as it can be a great experience.

So I see your dreams as a replaying of the awful feeling that death, and the experience of death is awful. Most people are taught fear of death - not by directly telling us, but by our attitudes and responses, especially the grief that most people experience at the death of someone they love. All of that is telling us how awful death is.

But of course my saying all that doesn’t rob you of your fear that creates such awful pictures of death. But maybe the book I recommended with help you toward a different view of it.

When your husband died he did come back to you. He is with you every time you feel love for him.

Tony
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 02:18:40 PM by Tony Crisp »

luciddreaming22

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 12:27:14 PM »
Thank you Tony

that is definately a different view than what i would have thought.  i will look into it further.

all the best
LD

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 12:08:01 PM »
Luciddreaming - I am constantly meeting the fear and the frightening or even hurtful images these produce.

Dreams do, of course, present it dramatically to get your attention, saying there is something wrong here. So I hope if you look into it it will rid you of the dreams.

Tony