Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: a shop assistant with no shoppers to assist  (Read 3981 times)

V

• View Profile
a shop assistant with no shoppers to assist
« on: July 15, 2017, 10:49:43 PM »
I’m working in Selfridges in London, at at shop of a brand that is one of the well-known symbols of my country. My best friend (who is in reality now to me more like a distant relative, the tile “best friend” is sort of historical ) works there, too. Apparently, she got me the position here. We are sales assistants, but maybe she is more experienced there and so she is guiding me there (don’t think she had higher position).
The brand store was very big all on one floor, and all walls and maybe also floors were white and all very bright (not sure there were windows). I don’t remember the actual clothes/goods, and none of them stroke me as being from that brand. I’m not sure we had a supervisor, and not sure I remember customers. In fact, the store was way bigger than the clothes and the people in there, sort of like a renovated warehouse, but all white. Possibly the light came from some headlights mounted on the ceiling, but it looked like daylight.
I went on the stairs behind a door towards the shop storage. In the dream, I think I may have found a very typical bag from that brand (I used to have one which I used to go to school every day in high school for a while, maybe in the last few years until I graduated from high school. It wasn’t real, however it looks as good as). Somehow my best friend was there, and she took me to a backdoor that opened onto an immensely huge rooftop terrace (we had to go down, possibly some stairs, to access it from our building, ie. it was a bit down below from where we originally were). Everything was white again, but surrounded on the edges by some green plants. The sun was shining, but in the way it shines in my home country (which is definitely not how it shines in London). I think there was a view over town, but it looked more like my home country than London.
From this huge square space on the terrace, some huge white sun loungers somehow sprung from the floor. We were lounging on one each, with our bellies down, whilst they sprung up. Their legs were somehow flexible in the moment they moved up, and made of small flowers that were changing colour like christmas lights. Hence, these were the support of the white beds that were coming up and on which we were lying, and which were also very soft and padded.
I think my friend was saying something about “don’t worry our boss doesn’t know we’re here and she cannot come find us”. But in fact I hadn’t seen any boss in the dream.
I then started thinking something about being able to stay there overnight (alone) and no one coming to get me even though the main store (Selfridges) would be closed.

I was a shop assistant with no shoppers to assist...? I'm sure this dream has some meaning related to the home country/London theme..

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: a shop assistant with no shoppers to assist
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 10:34:48 AM »
V – From dreams point of view, nobody has a higher position. But your pastexperience with her gave you ways of dealing with being in the centre of things. Being in the capital city in the landmark says it might have something to do with material opportunity; your central issues in life; or touching your core sense of self, around which other issues revolve.

When you think about a friend or a person you know, you are only taking in your thoughts, impressions and feelings about them. So many people do not realise that they have an inner person equally as powerful as the external person you know. You have taken in millions of bits of memory, lessons learnt, life experiences along with all the feelings or problems met by meeting or living with them, and they change you and make you the person you are. So what have you taken in from knowing your friend that makes her and adviser?

The store is in dreams the whole huge range of things you hold within you; not just the memories of this lifetime held in your brain, but the huge experience from your long past, your ancestral heritage; literally your massive warehouse.

Example:  When I opened the door of the room I was overwhelmed by such a huge awareness of what had been left me as an inheritance by my ancestors that I sobbed for many minutes.  It wasn’t pain causing me to weep, but the intensity of what I experienced.  The strength, persistence, ability to love, as imperfect as it was, the sharpness of mind, the ability to exist within a modern community, were all gifts hammered out of raw human material by my forebears, enabling me to take the few further steps in life that I have.

The storage room is also linking with potential you have. The bag you need to explore your feelings to see what it refers to. But maybe the good feelinga you had about yourself stimulated by your Selfridges bag.

The rooftop is another huge symbol. For from there you can see and experience the sky and the source of Life – the sun. It represents your mind and the unexpected things that can come from it. It also implies moods by its brightness or dull quality. The huge unknown we hold within us.

The flowers are the wonderful flowering you are capable of that can support you in a soft and gentle way. Also the flowering of your own feminity.

Tony
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 10:48:18 AM by Tony Crisp »