Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Meeting death with anticipation  (Read 5083 times)

Africangirl34

• View Profile
Meeting death with anticipation
« on: September 03, 2011, 05:59:52 PM »
I had this dream last night that I was driving a car and was very aware that I was about to pass through death.  I remember feeling excited and so anxious as to what I was going to see on the other side.  I think there were friends there with me and I felt no sense of loss or regret. I was just happy that this was finally happening.  I drive my car through what seemed like a clear glass... something you'd find in a Sci-fi film.  When I get to the other side, the world is black and white.  I see a lot of people there, and it looks like everyone is trying to get some food.  There's a table that has a spread and mean looking woman serving the food.  I wait for the line to die down so I could get a plate.  There's a man standing beside me and I tell him to go first because I knew he was there before me, but then the mean looking woman refuses to serve him saying that he'd already been there.  I get my food, the choices were mostly potatoes, carrots and I think cabbage cooked in different methods.  Next I find myself in a dorm like place. I'm lying in bed, and next to me is a woman.  She seemed afraid.  I'm aware that I'm about to move to the next phase in my death and instinctively know I'll leave the woman behind.  I feel sorry for her and I want to take her with me. Then suddenly there's a blue light that starts flashing on my side, and I become fearful (somehow I knew that a blue light is not a good sign of where you're headed next), but then it changes to red.  And there's a voice that kept saying " I am red" over and over again.  I know my time has come, and I hold the woman's hand and wait to see where I'll go next.  Then I wake up and never get to see where I'm going.  I'm only disappointed that I didn't get to see the next phase of my death.  Any clue what this could mean?

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Meeting death with anticipation
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 11:56:41 AM »
AfricanGirl – Obviously you have no fear of death, which is wonderful to hear. But it does seem as if you are carrying some baggage with you.

Death is the dream world, except we do not wake up. As with the dream world we create our surroundings by our beliefs, fears, hopes and life experience. So in your case you seem to be someone who is hungry for life experience, yet the food is given in a rather mean way. Is it that you do not get as much of life as you really want?

But then there is the blue and the red light and you are fearful because you feel you will go to the wrong place. And that is the baggage you have with you, probably from religious teachings and popular views of death.

There is only one destination – the destination you create with your own beliefs, attitudes and ideas – the same as dreams. So please ask yourself why you didn’t get beyond that phase, and what thoughts attitudes you carry with you. See Dream Yoga as this might help find the next level - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/dream-yoga/

Red can represent ones basic emotions, earthy nature, and sexuality. In this sense it depicts your strength or vitality and your down to earth health and power. But because of the modern association with traffic lights and warnings such as brake lights on cars, it may sometimes be used as a warning, or a way of saying ‘stop’ or ‘no’. It is in older societies also seen as and still is, called the ‘blood of the earth’ and is used in rituals to do with death and renewal.
Tony

Africangirl34

• View Profile
Re: Meeting death with anticipation
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 07:03:55 AM »
Wow. thank you so much for taking the time to respond.  You've definitely given me things to think about and process.

Deeply thankful.