Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jugs  (Read 4566 times)

Romanov

• View Profile
Jugs
« on: October 01, 2017, 06:28:13 PM »
Hi Tony,

Back on this forum after a long time. Hope all has been good at your end. :)

"I am lying sideways on a bed with white sheets. I am wearing a light blue printed shirt and white loose trousers. I am assuming that I am hiding myself with pillow on my face.  Right across from my bed is my boss sitting on a chair watching me.  He has a mustache, which he doesn't have in real life. I decide I might as well get up as the pillow doesn't hide all of me. There also seems to be a third person, somewhere on the side of the room, whose identity and presence are not well defined. As I sit on the bed, I see a slightly old, unclean, cloth lying on the ground.  On that cloth is one green, plastic jug/pitcher which belongs to me, and then there are several others, of different shapes and designs, all green.  All the other jugs have been brought at my boss's behest to match the one, that is mine, but they are all slightly different shades of green. There is no exact match.

None of the jugs have any water in them.  Its almost like they have been put there for exhibition."

Couldn't understand it, so writing to you.

Thank you
Romanov

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Jugs
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 09:01:26 AM »
Romanov – A see me – see me not dream to start with. But you came out of hiding to face your boss. What does you boss mean to you, and with a moustache? See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/association-of-ideas-with-dreams/#Working to find out how to define your feelings, because all the people, animals, places you see in your dreams, are simply your own feelings, fears, hopes and wonder projected onto the screen of your sleeping mind as images. Associations are the real way to understand the language of dreams. Everything we see during the day we form associations with – even the association of disinterest. 

As I don’t know what feeling associations you have with your boss or the jugs it is difficult to understand what your dream is describing.

Jugs are like cups in that they are a space to hold liquids in, a receptive state of mind, or your body and what you put into it. What feelings or thoughts you ‘contain’ or pour out. The condition and fullness or emptiness of the receptacle is also important, showing how fit you are to receive or contain new ideas or insight, and how empty you are to allow more in.

The dream suggests that you are empty to receive something, but in a plastic jug. But your feelings about what the boss offers you are threefold.

Tony

Romanov

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 05:54:56 PM »
Thanks Tony. I am really confused.... :-[

My feelings for my boss are; that I like him, and I also detest him at times. So you could say they are conflicting at best.  The boss himself seems interested in getting to know me, but till now I have kept a safe distance. Strictly maintaining a boss-employee relationship.

Though I have not given mustache much thought lately, I remember, that I used to think that it represents a certain state of mind. Maybe men think they look more masculine, more strong, if they have one.  Trying to alleviate themselves in the eyes of others in some ways.

Jugs are the last thing that I think about these days, so that draws a blank. Is plastic worse than glass in dreams? And why green?

If this could help clarify it a little more, I would be grateful.

Thank you
Romanov

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 08:39:05 AM »
Romanov – Your boss is obviously a mixture of self observation, trying to be macho and conflict about your work situation. Because, when you think about a friend or a person you know, you are only taking in your thoughts, impressions and feelings about them. So, many people do not realise that they have an inner person equally as powerful as the external person you know. You have taken in millions of bits of memory, lessons learnt, life experiences along with all the feelings or problems met by meeting or living with them, and they change you and make you the person you are. The memories and experience we gather unconsciously change us and are not lost. It is part of you and is symbolised in dreams as a person or event. Such an inner person can appear in dreams because you still carry the memories or impressions of them, and so they influenced what you hold within you.

So take time to imagine yourself as your boss, and describe what you feel and see. It usually clarifies your dream immensely. The jugs too, because everything we observe we have a feeling reaction to, and it is those reaction that are used in forming our dreams.

Such associations are the real way to understand the language of dreams. Everything we see during the day we form associations with – even the association of disinterest. When I was working on the new site design, the designer said to me, “What’s the point of dreams – they don’t mean anything do they”. I noticed he had a T-shirt on that looked as if had been used quite a lot. So I said to him, “What about that T-shirt? If you dreamt of it what would you think it meant?”

He said it wouldn’t mean anything. So then I asked him where he had got it and what memories were attached to it. He said he had got it in America, but when pressed to explain his memories he refused to answer, looking embarrassed. Try http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson