Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Poop and Money  (Read 7349 times)

- anna -

• View Profile
Poop and Money
« on: October 22, 2017, 01:41:44 PM »

Hi Tony  :)

I wonder if you could explain something that you have written so that I can understand
a somewhat abstract, direct experience on a more psychological level?

The Dream:
I am outside and I have to poop and so I squat down (trousers are then pulled down) and I poop on the autumnleaves that are everywhere on the floor.
(During the dream I become aware that I am working in a kindergarten and we are cleaning the outside area first)
One of my colleagues approaches and I do not like the idea of pooping in public and I squeeze my bottom and all the poop disappears in my body again and everything is clean again.
Absorbing the poop again gives me a wonderful feeling of energy flowing through my body.

I move with my hands through the autumnleaves and find a 10 Euro bill, I continue moving and find another 4 ten Euro bills and then I find big packs of 10, 20, 50, 100 etc  banknotes.
This too gives me a wonderful feeling.
I decide to hide the money and I put it in my trousers and the rest in a small, long, white garbage bag.
In it is also the drum of a washing machine, which has a sharp side and it has cut a hole in the white bag.
I manage to close the gap with my hands, so that I do not lose any of the money.

When I entered the dream again it was very easy to relive the flowing energy experience, however, since it is all still on an energy level, the experience is still abstract.
To "complete it", I would like to understand - if possible on a psychological level - what you wrote here;

http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/garbage-trash/

Garbage Trash

Parts of your experience and feelings you, or society, no longer feel is useful. Occasionally one discards, or considers as useless, some aspect of self, or ability, which is actually valuable. We must realise, however, that all thought and feeling are expressions of our inner energy. As such, while we discard an expression of the energy, we must not discard the energy lest it leave us empty and unsatisfied. This is why garbage, or compost, must be thought of as material capable of being used in a new form. What do you associate with the things thrown away?

Could you explain and give me a practical example of what you mean with "As such, while we discard an expression of the energy, we must not discard the energy lest it leave us empty and unsatisfied.?

Anna  :)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Poop and Money
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 01:05:34 PM »
Anna – You always ask some interesting/difficult questions. Often I do not know the answers, but in writing about the dream answers form themselves.

But recently I reworked the ‘compost’ entry, some of it might apply - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/compost-poop/

You start off outdoors, as your natural self, and as such one often needs to poop – it is natural – part of nature.

The autumn leaves are everywhere, suggesting thoughts or feelings about ageing – the autumn of your life – not your winter. You are reticent about unloading your poop in public, and your response is a breakthrough because you re-absorb it.

I go off course here a bit because you tensed up to avoid doing something that is natural for most people – but it led to greater energy. You did something unnatural – and it reminds me of part of what was written in Archetype of the Outsider – those who do not comply to social rules. “Through their lives they began to form the possibility of a new direction for human beings, a new inner or mental life. It developed alternative ways of experiencing oneself, or living in society, and of discovering ones inner resources. And out of those many lives and the new ways they developed of relating to their mind, their body and the world around them, a new paradigm has arisen that I see is now transforming the unconscious life of many people.”

In a sense you took into yourself what most people think of disgusting, don’t want to touch or even admit to; you took the compost and used it as energy. Such energy lights up our awareness, making it able to see more of what is happening around them and in ordinary things. In a sense you did not throw away what many people see as rubbish, craziness, of no interest, and used it as fertiliser for new growth.

So much so it led you to see within the autumn leaves – dead things to clear away – enormous personal resources – money.

It is the way of Life that does not waste anything, but transforms it.

I do not know what the washing machine drum means to you – but like the rest of your dream, it deals with stuff that would be seen as useless.

Energy in itself is often not visible. But in seeds, a tiny thing holds stored energy that it has gathered from dead things, compost, dropped leaves, the earth, and stored it as the treasure of growth energy. That energy can remain unexpressed until the right circumstances occur - usually moisture and warmth. Then growth energy in plants tends to follow certain forms of expression – the rose seed grows a rose. But humans too may express their energy in certain ways like sexual activity, striving to survive in difficulty, seeking ‘fun’ and entertainment, desire to earn more than others, to express a creative urge – so humans can make a choice about how they want to ‘spend’ their energy. As said above about outsiders, sometimes they choose a new way.

Tony
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 09:00:47 AM by Tony Crisp »

- anna -

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 05:14:12 PM »

As always thank you and I perceive it as interesting too, to look at my dream through your eyes; it added a new energy/understanding to it.

I reckon that I am on my way to "something new", although I did not ask for it, as I love my "Outsider life" as it is.

It started with a dream last month:

I am working in a hospital again as an x-ray technician.
We have new x-ray devices and it makes me uncertain, because I have never worked with them before.
I ask a colleague if she can tell me how these new machines work and she says she will.

I trust it is about a new way of looking at/through "things" and that somehow I will learn how to do/allow it.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 05:21:42 PM by - anna - »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 09:26:53 AM »
Anna – Yes, and you have the resources to do it – energy and resources (money). Lucky you  .

‘Something new’ means you are still in touch with Life. Change is Life itself – apparently, the fundamentals of the Universe are changing. WOW – there’s a thing!

Remember that the colleague is the part of you expressing technical skill. You already have had dreams of using x-ray equipment. I feel you used it when commenting on peoples dreams. I am eager to hear how this new equipment will work – I mean will express as a new extension of your ability.

Also, I often find that such big personal changes are a real growth process – a new shoot has appeared and will take time to become a functioning part of you – so check in about 3 months and note any obvious changes.

Tony
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 09:28:34 AM by Tony Crisp »

- anna -

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 11:01:49 AM »

I feel the most important message you just gave me is that I am still in touch with Life.  :D

As "being tensed up" is something I have been sensing in my body for some weeks now - although it appears on a more subtle level than muscular tension - I was not sure if I was doing "something wrong"; "something wrong" as in not being in touch with Life anymore.
I will now see being tensed up as the uncomfortable part of the process.

I also feel that withdrawing from commenting on peoples dreams taught me to not be eager anymore to uncover new extensions of any so called ability.
Having found an inner position in between not being eager, nor rejecting inner growth, feels like a very quiet, comfortable place to be in.

I will keep you posted "whenever".

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 11:53:44 AM »
Anna - Tension is, or can be a very useful, thing.

Think of the enormous tension that occurred  when natural animals began to have the beginnings of modern self awareness. Think of the tension existing in tribal members who disagreed with the group - as happened in my own home town Amersham, where members of the community refused to go along with the churchs athorities and read the bible themselves and got burned at the stake for it - the daughter of one of the dissenters was made to set light to the fire. See http://www.weareamersham.co.uk/amersham-martyrs-memorial

Other forms of tension occur when we refuse to be moved all the time by our animal instiincts. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/integration-meeting-oneself/#Ox

To quote "Throughout the many thousands of years of evolution, a number of adaptations had to be made in order to allow man to integrate the various stimuli and to develop a system which would enable him to remain alive and reproduce himself and to function as a social unit.

New areas of the brain had to be developed not only to integrate, but also to inhibit primitive, survival-orientated impulses and to enable him to store stimuli and act on them later. It is this ability to defer action and to act in a purposeful and objective rather than in an instinctive way that distinguishes the well-integrated man from the child, the primitive man or the neurotic.

As man’s awareness of himself as a separate character developed, new problems arose out of the need to identify, without which he could not sense the needs of others, and without which he could not feel personal guilt. The awareness of oneself as a separate individual and the creation of anxiety which had to be coped with rationally, created the need of a secondary process by which the individual can learn to cope effectively with internal and external threats. Thus we can reconcile the idea of the ego-formation and the physical idea of inhibition."

Tony

- anna -

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2018, 11:13:14 AM »

Happy New Year   :) and as promised a short update on my inner journey.  ;D

There are three dreams that I like mentioning:

In the first dream I am in a backyard (a patio) and I find a piece of fruit on the floor, which has fallen of the tree.
When I pick it up I can see that the fruit has the shape of a heart and that the outer skin has a color between yellow and green and I can easily remove it. (like the outer skin of a lychee)
I am so incredibly happy with this fruit - the flesh reminds me of that of a chestnut - even more so because small, light-green, ovale leaves are growing on the flesh and these leaves I can eat as well.  :)

In the second dream I discover that there is another, small seed inside a pistachio nut and I am very surprised to learn that it tastes very, very powerful like pistachio.

In the third dream I am standing in a concrete, empty kind of reservoir.
On the bottom of the reservoir on the left and the right site I see an opening through which I can see yellow intercity trains moving underneath.
I realise that I am dreaming and that the reservoir is actually a basement - it does look kind of empty and not cosy to me -  and that because I am aware I can change everything.
I wave with my hands (kind of like performing magic  ;)) and wish myself honey brown walls.
I have to repeat it once in order to be succesful and now I like the look of the walls.
I then create some lamps and some furniture until I am happy with it.

I woke up very happy thinking WOW that was a lucid dream in which I created something beautiful.  :)

Anna

« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 11:54:31 AM by - anna - »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2018, 11:13:04 AM »
Anna – A patio suggests complete privacy, being apart from the outside world, relaxation. It also suggests an inner environment that is your comfortable way of being. And you find a fruit that fell from your inner tree of fruitfulness. It is good to eat of this fruit, unlike the silly story of the forbidden fruit. The protection of your fruit is easy to remove. So it suggests that you have created an inner world you can relax in and eat of the fruit of your personal growth – the tree. It also has the quality of love, which is sometimes like a light shinning out of you, but is still growing leaves, the tender part of you.

Second dream: Wow – a seed. The nut is itself a seed and seeds are one of Life’s mysteries and miracles; for how can so much be stored in something so small. Truly a wonder of potential. No plant or tree grows from a dead seed, and each living seed carries within it all the past gathered from all its forebears. So, the seed in your mother’s womb is as old as and even older than human kind, and you carry that wisdom in you.

It seems you are producing not only fruit but also seeds. But the mystery continuous, for there is even a smaller seed within the seed, so you have the promise of even more growth and hidden wisdom. The taste of it is one you like so gives you enormous pleasure.

Third dream: Now you have moved awareness into your first level of the unconscious, one that is usually filled with the junk within us we have not dealt with, but yours is empty, but there is an automatic sort if life going on – the trains.

But having become aware of this you discover your power to consciously create in your dreams – for our creation in dreams is usually unconscious. So in a way, you and your unconscious are becoming working partners – for most peoples dreams are seeking a working situation. You allow a little of Anna into what was a dark world.

Congratulations!  8)

Tony

- anna -

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2018, 10:40:17 AM »

Tony  8) Thank you and thank you for all the support you have been given me so far which also helped me to undo, unfold and grow  :)

Anna  :D