Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Golden Class Ring  (Read 7928 times)

Rand

• View Profile
Golden Class Ring
« on: October 30, 2017, 03:24:50 AM »
My dad is passed away but in the dream he gave me a beautiful gold class ring with a shiny glass stone. It said 59. I asked him what it means and he was trying to communicate but I wasn't understanding what he was saying.

It was like he was telling me something about when I was born that I didn't know about. Then I thought it meant I was actually 5 years older than I really was. He said that he was poor and couldn't afford to keep me when I was young so he lied about my age to draw some sort of money benefits.

I don't think that is true, but it was odd and I think this dream will all of a sudden mean something to me once I understand it.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Golden Class Ring
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 09:36:12 AM »
Rand – There are so many possible associations you could have with the things mentioned in your dream it makes it difficult for me to answer. For example have you ever had a class ring? Do you have a copy of your birth certificate which gives your actual birth date? See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/association-of-ideas-with-dreams/#Working

Also what happened to you when you were five? 59 is a five number when reduced – 5+9 = 14. 1+4 = 5.

Perhaps using http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson on the ring, on your dad, and the 59.

Tony

Rand

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 02:26:51 AM »
I never had a class ring. I never saw something so brilliant and perfect. I couldn't help but admire its brilliance and beauty . It was brilliant gold with almost some sort of brilliant gold stone that shines so much it was something I had never seen or possessed in my life. I think the class ring represents dad and I never worried about class status or anything like that to gain our self importance. We didn't need material things to know that.

I do have a copy of the birth certificate and Dad told me I was born in a Catholic hospital and delivered by nuns. He said they were so strict that they wouldn't let him in to see me, but he politely disregarded their rules based on the over riding rule, that he had a right to be there.

What happened when I was 5. That is a good one. We were living on the ole Clemens place and I was in kindergarten. We lived in the rural part of the country. I had walked out to the school bus, the driver opened those doors and I stepped up a couple of the steps and was facing him in the driver seat. He asked me, where are you going. I said I am going to school. He responded, how old are you. I said 5 and held up my hand with 5 fingers.

He said you need to wait another year until you are 6.

but actually I now remember I was not old enough to be on school bus, so my parents must have been driving me to the kindergarten building. It was an old odd building that used to be used for a feed store for livestock or something back in the pioneer days. It was an ancient building.

I was a country kid and something happened there. I had peed my pants and was hiding behind a door. I think everyone else was having some event or drinking kool aid or cookies. I could hear all of them searching for me. When they finally found me it was like an entire crowd was laughing hysterically at me. There he is, we found him, and he has peed his pants. vivid memory for 5.

I think that may have been my last day of kindergarten.

At 5 also a lot of other things happened.

The weird thing is..when I was watching the news yesterday it said, Gold raised by 5.90 an ounce. 

So, I am still wondering about all of it, if I will die at 59, if I will hit the lottery, if it was a kind way of saying why I always had certain fears as I grew older. 

Also, I remember my parents were married on Halloween almost 59 years ago. I don't believe it was 59 though. I am 54, my sister is 56. I don't know when they started dating or what year they were married.

The class of 59 gets a gold ring. I remember in the dream, do you understand what I am saying. but as usual, I was too busy talking or saying what is it. He actually said something that was too deep for me to discern. i feel like I either block it out or I am not able to understand very in depth concepts sometimes and just pass them by.

We had a very deep and close relationship. It has to be based on me not understanding something he tried to share.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 02:47:15 AM by Rand »

Rand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 02:49:47 AM »
We also enjoyed a lot of music together and that song didn't add up either.

The class of 57 had its dreams.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLr_C8QqPWg

My dad actually taught me music.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 11:34:37 AM »
Rand – WOW – that information was great to know. It sounds like your dad was a REAL dad. You were lucky.

What I arrived at that may or may not have relevance to you is that the dream was a real contact with your ‘dead’ dad. I think he was responding to a need you felt. The ring represents a special gift your father has given you. It was a symbol of his encouragement to you at this time.

The fifty nine was a statement of age – not about dying but achieving, for at 59 he is telling you that you will achieve something you had been trying for, and the encouragement was because perhaps you felt you were not achieving.

I think the story about your age is a way dreams try to communicate a difficult feeling. You can maybe check it against any memories you have. It might be saying that your father felt he was not earning as much as he wanted to be a good father. So at that period he felt it would have been better if you were five years older, when things got better for him. I have question marks about that???

By the way the story about peeing your pants brought a memory for me. I lived in the UK during the war. At that time food was short so certain foods like bananas, oranges, cornflakes and sweets were not available. So my mother saw she could buy All Bran – which is a laxative – and fed it to me at one point. I loved it until one day walking home from school surrounded by my friends the worst thing happened. I can't remember any laughter; I sensed shock that anyone would do such a thing. Far more embarrassing than peeing my pants  :'(

Tony
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 01:02:40 PM by Tony Crisp »

Rand

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 01:09:12 AM »
Tony , you reminded me of something. Our lives did take a turn at one point when I was young that changed our whole life. At the time, Dad had enough friends and was well liked that he had been offered a land deal by some successful men who had the means.

We had a tragedy at the time which couldn't be helped with my mother. She developed a complication with her life and went into a total break down of sorts.

That set families apart, and also caused dad to back out of the deal. He told them he couldn't do it without telling the truth about what was going on. So, they backed out and closed the deal.

If they had made the deal, Dad and I would have spent all our time together raising cattle, horses, and farming.  Instead, we sold the farm and divided it with the lawyers getting part of it.

I joined the service and our relationship was only a phone call on Sunday. After many years, I was able to spend his last couple of years with him.

It wasn't because we didn't have the best of intentions but I left when I was 19 to find some occupation but kept a close relationship when i could make it home or talk on the phone. Absence makes the heart grow fonder I guess of the way life led both of us.

but I guess the hard reality of life was always to be self independent and take care of your own things.

what you said reminded me of some things I had forgotten.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 01:12:18 AM by Rand »

Rand

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 01:21:25 AM »
I apologize Tony for taking up so much space. Sometimes I think about that song, the cat is in the cradle and the silver spoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSwL9deXNW8

Rand

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2017, 01:28:03 AM »
I just now figured it out. It has to do with my mother.  I need to go see her or I will regret it.

I hope I can manage to get there.  plane, train, automobiles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1_Do_fc

Dad knows me better than anyone and the things I might regret for a life time.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2017, 10:28:35 AM »
Rand - Thanks for telling us so much. It is the story of the strange and often difficult winding paths our life takes, and is very moving.

You can connect with your mother by remembering what it felt like in good times with her - and then imagine yourself with the feeling of being near her. It doesn't matter that nothing happens at the time, because the events and feelings of our daily experience are taken in and seen by a much larger and powerful self. so things are set in motion. We reach into the More of us.

Tony