Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Meeting Dark Figures - Imported from Comments  (Read 3803 times)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Meeting Dark Figures - Imported from Comments
« on: November 14, 2017, 11:43:41 AM »
Josh

Just a quick question, found this site looking for answers to a dream that I had last night. But before I get to the dream I should say that I have been seeing a dark figure in my everyday life wether it be at work or at home I’ve seen it probably 20-30 times over a 4 year period. I was out to dinner last night with some friends and we all started sharing things we have seen or that have happened to us in are life’s we can’t explain and I told everyone that I had been seeing a dark figure and that was the end of the conversation. Now to the dream.

I went to bed around 12pm, and in my dream I was standing in a void with the same shadow figure behind me lightly shoving me and I didn’t wanna show fear so I stayed and didn’t move. After that the figure started yelling at me to leave saying “YOU CANT BE HERE… YOU NEED TO LEAVE” and I got a extremely hard shove to the back, and I woke up to my head hitting the floor at the opposite end on my bed. When I went back to bed I didn’t dream at all. All of this happened in a 4 hour span.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated I’m just not sure what any of it means.

Thanks.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Meeting Dark Figures - Imported from Comments
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 11:44:22 AM »
Josh – The dark figures you see mean that you have the ability to be aware of what are for most people dream figures. While asleep we can create full sensory, vocal, motor and emotional experience in our dream. While dreaming we usually accept what we experience as real. A hallucination is an experience of a ‘dream’ occurring while we have our eyes open. The voices heard, people seen, smells smelt, although appearing to be outside of us, are no more exterior than the things and images of our dreams. With this information one can understand that much classed as psychic phenomena and religious experience is an encounter with the dream process. That does not, of course, deny its importance.

That is nothing to be scared of; in fact it is now acknowledged to be an advantage. Having had many such experiences I have used them to find meaning and creativity. But in a sense they or simply half way messages, and attempt from a very deep part of us to communicate something important, because dreams arise and are experienced by a level of your mind or awareness that very few people have any concept or experience of – usually called the unconscious. Life dreamt in its creatures millions of years before even humankind awoke and developed self awareness or language. So to understand dreams we need to leave our thinking minds behind and go into our feelings and reactions – a much older level of awareness.

The dark figures are ways of trying to clarify things that are in fact not yet clear, but can become clear ones we use our questioning mind to dive in – for instance by using http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

They may feel scary, but that is because we do not or have not explored them. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/integration-meeting-oneself/#NextStep

The last part of your dream, standing in a void shows that you have experienced a very deep level of human awareness, but it sounds like you are not experienced in it, so the shoving and person doing it may again be your own anxiety telling you to go. But the void is what we experience every time we go to sleep – we exist without bodily form, no bodily senses and without our personality – we return to our real self. But most people lose personal awareness of what happens in sleep; and in dreams we have to return almost to waking, so are in a half way state between our core self and our waking personality.

Many people as their awareness reaches beyond what they feel is their normal self and enter sleep without dream images feel scared. Such resistances cause us to create awful dreams and fears as a means of avoiding our own inner world and its wonders. We feel that we will be swallowed up and we will die. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/lucidity/

Tony