Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Swimming in a figure 8 against a star lit sky  (Read 3820 times)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Swimming in a figure 8 against a star lit sky
« on: December 07, 2017, 08:57:20 AM »
Justin

Hello, I had just woken up from this dream but I can get my mind off it.

It started as me living in a house by myself with boxes everywhere then it skipped ahead to me moving back in with my mother (I was around 16/17 in the dream) as we were loading up the car everyone kept seeing a black figure yet I saw an otter. Most of the time it would be a glimpse then it was gone. I went to get the last of my stuff and a blanket I had left. I grabbed the unfolded blanket and got really claustrophobic and started twisting around trying to get outside but my brother kept asking what was wrong.

Them I felt someone choking me. I ran outside to breath. It skipped again to me and my family sitting around talking about the figure/otter and we didn’t know what to call it so we called it a God. I closed my eyes in the dream and saw the otter again. But this time it was swimming in a figure 8 against a star lit sky and the color of the otter was kind of astral like the picture on the top of this page. It then skipped forward again to me in the bath tub with the hot and cold water running. I kept asking myself “are you a God” “you can’t be a God” then I noticed I ran out of hot water so I said “if you’re a God, turn this water hot”

After noticing no change I went to turn the water off but the cold water knob was missing while the hot water one was still there. Then I woke up. I can’t seem to get the dream out of my head.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Swimming in a figure 8 against a star lit sky
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 09:02:07 AM »
Justin –
The dream describes a situation in which you were never satisfied with where you lived and so dreamed about being back home.

When you were about 16 you achieved a state of mind which gave you the ability to see beyond the obvious, and in the dream you returned and used that ability. Others see dark figures that can be frightening, but you tried to get outside – meaning you made an effort to break through the restrictions places on your mind and emotions by your upbringing. That was what led to the choking feeling. I am guessing you had inherited a much more flexible awareness. Ancestors can also link with deeply buried tendencies we have unconsciously inherited from the long past. Sometimes they point to the fate/karma we are dealing with – the difficulties or traits that arise in our life, that we cannot honestly see have been developed or collected in this lifetime. It may have been that which led to you seeing the otter swimming in a figure 8 against a star lit sky and the color of the otter was kind of astral.

It was that which led to the experience of seeing a god. But in our dreams we are only seeing a reflection of our own personal feelings shown in the images of our dream. We have to break through the symbolic meaning to understand. To do that we must meet the images and penetrate them by using http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/practical-techniques-for-understanding-your-dreams/ - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/god/

Tony