Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Old and odd funeral dream about myself.  (Read 3881 times)

DOOM2147

• View Profile
Old and odd funeral dream about myself.
« on: December 27, 2017, 07:04:24 PM »
This is an old dream but I need a confirmation on its meaning.  I had this dream when I was five and so specifics are fuzzy.  But I went to a funeral in the dream.  It was a closed casket for what seemed to be some Boy Scout that had recently passed on.  Curiosity seemed to get the best of me as I opened the casket.  Now I was never apart of the Boy Scouts and didn’t have anything to do with them.  So when I opened it up I wasn’t all that surprised to see the body.  So I turned to leave.  That’s when it changed.  The body had sat up and crawled out behind me before wiping me around.  What I saw was a rotting skeletal version of myself.  It spoke.  Boy did it speak.  Perhaps it spoke on changing places but it was hard to understand.  It sounded alien, dead, and dry.  Some hellish grin and and an evil glint in Its eyes.  The people inside....well they appeared human but they all seemed cold.  Lifeless in fact.  That was the last thing I could comprehend before being forcefully slammed inside the casket with it closing and It laughing with only the sound of rocks and dirt hitting the box.  I have got to know.  What did I see?  What was the meaning of it?

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Old and odd funeral dream about myself.
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 01:20:36 PM »

Doom2147 – I believe what you experienced was an old view of what death looks like.

You had obviously been raised in a culture in which death was regarded as horrific – the buried alive theme is an awful image, as is the rotting skeletal version. It was a belief system or paradigm that in its simplest form, the paradigm mentioned can be described as having arisen from the mechanistic ideas of Newtonian physics, in which the universe was seen as a huge mechanical device. As Newtonian physics developed, the fundamental particle of the universe was defined as the atom. Nothing in scientific research at the time could prove that anything existed beyond the atom, and the atom is a physical object. Therefore, nothing other than physical substance was ‘real’. This, so it appeared, disproved the possibility of personal awareness being anything other than some trick of chemicals, molecules and atoms in the brain and body. There could be no spirit or life after death because, after all, we are only atoms! Nothing in our consciousness can exist unless it is produced by the physical brain.

This old view of the world has been changed by quantum physics. In the past it was thought light was as the fastest one could achieve; but the sub-atomic-particles were seen to be everywhere at once, so in a sense subatomic particles are beyond time. Also it was seen that a human observer could change the sub-atomic-particles, suggesting that we in some way create the world around us. Also the term quantum ghosts was defined, because quantum phenomena can pass through any solid object – just as we can do when experiencing a so called out of body experience.

Many modern physicists, working with the information arising in experiments with quantum theory, tell us that our view of the world is based upon our blindness, and is very limited, and through its limitation, unreal. Yet this view we take to be the REAL universe.

In dreams we tend to mirror what our feelings and beliefs are – so your dream mirrored your awful beliefs. See http://dreamhawk.com/interesting-people/edgar-cayce-and-the-cosmic-mind-superminds/