Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buildings around me destroyed  (Read 3831 times)

Markcarrs

• View Profile
Buildings around me destroyed
« on: December 30, 2017, 11:48:46 AM »
Please help me interprete this dream.

I dreamt that all surrounding buildings were being attacked and destroyed by bombs. My building was the only one not affected. I tried to watch tv to see what is being said about the bombings. Nothing was said in the news. At one point I went outside and saw my daughter sitting by her bike. Satisfied that she is safe, we hugged each other. I asked were my son was and I was told that he is at school. The mayhem continued around us, with more buildings being bombed and collapsing.
In a block of flats with lift I was standing next to, I witness the lift shaft collapsed with children inside. Some were thrown out and one child was thrown from the lift into the basement. I rescued that child. People were taking refuge in my building as it was observed that it will not be attacked.

NOTE: I had a similar dream at the beginning of the year, only on that occasion it was fire that was destroying the surrounding buildings.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Buildings around me destroyed
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 09:00:38 AM »
Markcarrs – You are going through a very big change in yourself, your ideas about what you witness outside you. Such changes are a part of life – for each of us are immersed in a ‘river’ of constant change. If you think about it you have been carried, pushed, impelled by this current as you were moved through babyhood, childhood, teenage and adulthood. And as we passed through these changes we died to our old self in order to change to the new. It is the current of Life. This current then carries us on through old age and through the gates of death. All the time we are faced by decisions, and each decision directs us on a different path, helping to create our future. And this is a force of growth and change; and is fought like hell by many if we are afraid of such changes, especially getting old and facing death.

But you have felt these changes as slightly threatening, bombs being dropped, but if you realise that you in everyday life are bombarded by new experience it can help to lessen the threat. For if we place you in the centre of a circle and put all our dream characters, animals and objects around you in a circle, and if add to this all the many things that impact upon us such as peoples influence on you; your thoughts and emotions and how you are swayed by them; your physical urges such as hunger and sex, and of course pain and pleasure; your desires such as ambitions, your sense of being a success or failure, and the hundred and one other things that hit you as you stand in the middle, as well as your intuition, social pressure, hormonal influences, fears, ideas and images from media or people, your instinctive drives etc., we would see what a diverse mass of influences we stand in the middle of.

But you may not have learnt the human art of digesting such enormous input without having indigestion – which is what your dream describes. Digestion is a very important function not just for our body but also for our mind and spirit. I have seen people become very ill in mind because they have not digested their experience or what they have learnt at school or the lessons and experience of a relationship long gone. And digestion is a Life function. Life in us is often greatly overlooked and our dreams are one way of showing us how we have not surrendered our life experience to that function. Please see http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/lifes-little-secrets/ and http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/lifes-basic-functions/ also http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/opening-to-life/

In the dream you also manage to keep your sense of identity intact – your house was not damaged – which suggests you have the ability to help, support and even shelter those in need – perhaps in a none physical way.

Also you enter the basement of yourself - the first level of your unconscious – and helped the child part of you, which shows you have some understanding of how to care for children. You have several talents you may not be very aware of.

Tony

Markcarrs

• View Profile
Re: Buildings around me destroyed
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 11:40:47 AM »
Thank you Tony for helping me understand my dream.
Everything you said about my dream makes perfect sense in my current situation.
I am grateful I found this website and I am reading the referrals you made.
Once again, thank you.

Mark