Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bizarre stone worship in woods during dream  (Read 4115 times)

Dianekarina

• View Profile
Bizarre stone worship in woods during dream
« on: December 31, 2017, 11:05:43 AM »
I was wondering if anyone has any similar dreams or would like to take a guess at meaning?  In this dream I was naked and had walked up to 3-4 9ft tall odd shaped stones.  I felt grest terror and dread approaching them as well as trapped in the woods unwillingly.  I noticed other men and women running to the stones (naked)  and dropping to their knees in form of a worship ritual?  This was the most surreal dream I have had,  having no history of any type of occult tradition.  However,  my father whom is passed told me he had spent many years as a black magician.  Could that be the catalyst for this creepy dream?  I did search Google for these stones and was further freaked out by finding images that looked similar. Any input would be appreciated.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Bizarre stone worship in woods during dream
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 11:37:39 AM »
Dear Dianekarina – Your dream has no awful connections, but has great meaning for you.

Nakedness can represent being open and not hiding who you are, so being willing to approach the highest and holy without any pretence; a wonderful thing to do. Also the stones in the language of dreams are to approach the ancient and eternal.

In ancient times rocks were thought to be the dwelling places of gods. The image of the rock may therefore link our conscious personality with innate unconscious archetypal forces or strength.

And Jacob awaked out of his sleep, and he said, “Surely the Lord is in this place; and I knew it not.” And he was afraid, and said, “How dreadful is this place! This is none other but the house of God, and this is the gate of heaven.” And Jacob rose up early in the morning and took the stone that he had put for his pillows, and set it up for a pillar, and poured oil upon the top of it.  And he called the name of that place Beth-el.

You too have approached a holy place and were afraid. But we have to remember that having a personality with self awareness is a very new thing and has only existed for a short time. Before that we were like animals that lived only in the Life Will – what we usually call instincts. So the development of self awareness was an immense step, and left us very vulnerable, and still does. Many people as their awareness reaches beyond what they feel is their normal self feel scared. Such resistances cause us to create awful dreams and fears as a means of avoiding our own huge inner world and its wonders.

But we have to remember that having a personality with self awareness is a very new thing and has only existed for a short time. Before that we were like animals that lived only in the Life Will – what we usually call instincts. So the development of self awareness was an immense step, and left us very vulnerable, and still does.

Many people as their awareness reaches beyond what they feel is their normal self feel scared. Such resistances cause us to create awful dreams and fears as a means of avoiding our own inner world and its wonders. Perhaps you can understand this by realizing that no plant or tree grows from a dead seed, and each living seed carries within it all the past gathered from all its forebears. So, the seed in your mother’s womb is as old as, and even older than human kind, and you carry that wisdom in you.

Your personality was formed through the memories gathered by your brain, which is a new thing in each new life. But beneath those memories – your conscious mind – but there exists the deeps of your ancient past, which we know as the unconscious. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/what-is-the-unconscious/

I feel your father left you a great heritage, one of worship, though his approach may have been an attempt to escape from the awful grip on many people’s mind of religious dogma.

Tony