Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Orange/Red and white clothing.  (Read 3948 times)

Mernel

• View Profile
Orange/Red and white clothing.
« on: January 21, 2018, 08:33:11 PM »
Hi Tony! Happy new year! I dreamt that I was with an old man whom I look up to in my waking life,  He has been very successful in his life and this is one of the reasons I look up to him. We were at an informal, social event he was talking about another, more formal event afterwards, in the night, at some fancy place and asked me if wanted to go with him. He was also talking about meeting a new woman who he wanted to date there. I felt very under dressed, and self conscious and even though I would have liked to have gone , I said "No." Then this guy from my past turned up. I remember him being younger and more successful than me, both socially and professionally. He was very elegantly dressed and everyone was vying for his attention. He was dressed for this later event where it was tradition that everyone wear a red or dark orange top half and a white bottom half. He was wearing an very smart, dark orange and white shirt. Then lots of smartly dressed people turned up wearing these colours and we were in the foyer of a elegant hotel and I dressed in my scuffy clothes felt completely out of it, some of these people knew me and I found the situation embarrassing.  I lived very close by so I thought I could go home and change. When I phoned the old man to ask him if he could give me lift to the place he said he no longer could because he was going to pick up his date. I suspected the real reason was because the new guy had turned up and he didn't want to be around me anymore. I live in the canary islands and every year on the island of La palma (a different island to where I live) around this time, there is a Canival where everyone dresses in white and throws talcum powder. The people in my dream were going to something like that.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Orange/Red and white clothing.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 09:46:37 AM »
Mernel – The whole theme of your dream is about your feelings about relating to classy men and how you appear – your clothes.

The message I get from it is that your feeling of not being as well dressed, as good as others, lacking sparkle, has coloured the way you see people’s opinion of you – and of course your opinion of yourself.

When I was much younger and an air man in the RAF, I was stationed in large fancy house and the sergeant in charge was a strange looking man, with a large slightly bulbous nose, not at all a film star looking guy. But frequently in the sergeant mess, a room securely locked, one could hear noises of a woman’s delight as he and she had sex. I realised then that it didn’t matter what you looked like or what you were dressed in – what counted was he was friendly and not stand offish.

Later still I learned that we are all born with an immense potential that often remains latent because of the condition of our body, our education, our prevalent social teachings, or our belief that what authority figures and parents say is taken as truth. We are all the miraculous creation on Life. We are all seeds of that Creative process.

The Tree
I can’t remember it not being there –
On the cliff edge overlooking the sea.
I don’t even know how old it is.
There’s no way of knowing.
Perhaps an ancient oak tree
Yet barely to my waist.
Shaped and stunted
By harsh onshore winds,
By the salt and the rock.
It is clinging and growing
To the very shape of the wind,