Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: cicadas, settings, moist fields  (Read 4630 times)

Monica

• View Profile
cicadas, settings, moist fields
« on: January 21, 2018, 05:13:17 AM »
 :) Hi! I'd love being helped out with this!

This dream begins as a confusing kind of drama acted out by a strange family, in a chaotic environment full of disorderly acts and crammed space; I don't seem to know any of them, the place is permanently invaded by strangers and the only thing I remember is that at some point the center stage is taken by the man that must be the "father", wearing a kind of white robe and a crown but more like an actor; he begins to lick the body of a newborn baby... The feeling gets blurred so I don't clearly know if this appears disgusting or "wrong", it's a thing I just see as an odd viewer.

So the transitional part of the dream is almost completely different, a peaceful, very rich image (where sound takes on, making it more vivid and moving). It's almost dawn, I felt I was lying on a wet and green rice field, in someone's company. As I remember he was just a dark and encircling presence, almost a shadow, of whom a pale face is the only thing enhanced for short moments, with no much accent. I think I know him because of certain remembrances, featuring an image of a famous etching; he covered me partially as on that image, making us sort of fusing with the weak and cold light  that's barely appearing; we are both facing each other but I don't have a clear "picture", neither of really holding him, nor seeing for real our faces. It's more a sensation of some sort, and the "visual" picture it creates as it feels almost like an embrace... I remember mostly that sensation that becomes frozen, in the midst of a very real and natural atmosphere; I can feel the cool air contrasting with the soft warmth of the other body, even though we're not so close. And then the words I speak subtly and clearly, while a really intense cry of cicadas begins to rise among the dew covered grass and the soft blue that dissipates slowly as the day lightens up along with my voice... I say to him "This is all I (ever) wanted. Being here, both of us". I can't help but thinking it feels almost like being near death, as if we were some corpses lying there, still. After a while I see a general picture that allows me to watch to a leafy and strong, not so tall tree covering us, hearing some more of the accute and intensifying sound of the cicadas; then all begins to fade in that rare sensation of trying to identify what is all of it, if it's about a memory, a fantasy or illusion, or maybe a truncated thought lost in times that seemed never being meant to get us somewhere "real". So I appear far away from that place that looked like a poem I once wanted to be true, like the image someone told me that represented what he dreamed of, maybe thinking it simply isn't the person I thought I loved, nor the one I imagined... It just wasn't true. (He felt overwhelmed by my "words", put on the defensive and once said he had nothing to do with my actual dreams).

Then I appear to be back to school,  finally I end up trying to get an exhibition on time; there are again lots of people, but now I recognize most of them. It gets late and the thing must begin but I haven't get all things organized and assembled, so it becomes a sort of performance of me doing the last chores in front of the supposed "audience". Before I get angry because a woman working in the front wall of the room takes my scissors, I go there and take them throwing a fierce glance towards her; later a friend tells me I should have not, because she's the one "supervising" the show, but I seem not having time to worry about that. The last thing I remember is it's night, I know because of electric lights, and a cousin comes near and tells me, as I'm pouring a very thin brown dust (I don't know what is it, maybe ashes, not dirt but something thinly milled) in some water paths I've shaped: "Oh, why are you painting the water again?"

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: cicadas, settings, moist fields
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 11:44:03 AM »
Monica – This dream is so full of subtlety it is difficult to anchor it, and is “like a poem I once wanted to be true”. Also it is like “being near death”. Those words powerfully describe a level of experience that many of us never even glimpse. It is the level from which dreams arise, a level that most people judge as of no use and without power in our ‘real life’.

But tests on animals preventing them from dreaming – not sleeping, just dreaming – led all the animals to die. The same experiments on humans had to be stopped because the subjects all became mentally unstable. So dreams are the real but hidden power in our lives.

Therefore the subtle in your life has extraordinary power. So why is it so hidden or ignored as yours was as you returned to the duties of living? Why wasn’t it developed or lived?

None of us was made from scratch. Every human being develops from the fusion of two cells, an egg and a sperm, that are the descendants of other cells. The lineage of cells that joins one generation to the next — called the germline — is, in a sense, immortal.

You are far more than that you may presently realise, because the human personality – the You that you call yourself, with a name, is only a tiny thing. But we have to remember that having a personality with self awareness is a very new thing and has only existed for a short time. Before that we were like animals that lived only in the Life Will – what we usually call instincts. So the development of self awareness was an immense step, and left us very vulnerable, and still does.

But none of us was made from scratch. Every human being develops from the fusion of two cells, an egg and a sperm, that are the descendants of other cells which have existed from the beginning of life on Earth. So in fact we have immense parts of us that most of us are totally unaware of – the cellular level, the organ level, with a spinal brain, a reptile brain and a mammalian brain, while our human brain sits on top like a rider of a very ancient beast – our body. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/brain-levels-and-dreams/

Our personality has gained its existence from memories in our brain – which is new with each birth. The ancient memory of our almost eternal life can only be known by our dream life or the life of death – our spirit. Maybe you are slightly remembering it when you felt - "This is all I (ever) wanted. Being here, both of us". Perhaps that is the union we experience in dreams and death - “When you make the two into one, and when you make the inner as the outer, and the upper as the lower, and when you make male and female into a single one, so that the male shall not be male, and the female shall not be female: . . . then you will enter [the kingdom].” Quoted from ‘The Gnostic Apostle Thomas’

Such ‘dreams’ might present us with our real life’s purpose and aim. See http://dreamhawk.com/interesting-people/animal-children/#Program

Tony

Monica

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 03:30:45 AM »
Dear Tony

I'm very thankful for the gift of your responses. It takes lots of thinking to grasp the wonderful and various aspects of them, so I take each one of them as a journey. They rise lots of questions too, and make me think of all the ways I can undertake to explore the full significance of my dream experience.  It's so true that "dreams are the real but hidden power in our lives"... Also I'm getting used to amazing synchronistic events that occur when you answer! (even though for some people they are just "coincidence")... I can just humble myself before the loving power of God into it, making those wise and kind words of yours be unveiled and fully understand not by my head, but my heart. I surely appreciate and am delighted by the way you share these concepts with us, like that of "our human brain sits on top like a rider of a very ancient beast – our body". Wow.

Now the "curious event": After having read your answer I took a silent time to reflecting on it (mainly the part on which you ask "why the extraordinary power in our lives is hidden or ignored"); I've slept on it also as a way to see how the images take me back to that place, and of course I've prayed for that clarity. So today I was trying to write (an excersise that turned out to be difficult for me after a relationship that ended real wrong) and I was also just hearing some old music; one of the songs was called "like the cicada", and well, I must say it's like a translation of this very dream to the words of a poem that actually exists! (but I didn't know that existed, and had never heard but today!) It manifests to me the connection with the purest forms of praise and adoration, the way nature, the whole creation sings! (And as you note, I'm trying to find my voice in here:) The song compares the beginning of cicadas' singing with a rebirth in life.-.
Here I share a translation (it was written in spanish and it sings):

"So many times I was killed,      
so many times I died,         
nevertheless here I am         
rising from the dead.         
I'm grateful to misfortune   
and the hand that holds the knife   
'cause they killed me so bad..
and I kept on singing.         

Singing to the sun like the cicada   
after a year beneath the earth,       
the same as the survivor          
coming back from war.   

So many times been obliterated,   
so many I disappeared,
to my own funeral I went      
alone and crying.         
A handkerchief I knotted      
but I've almost forgotten         
it was not the only time I did...
and I kept (came back) on singing.

the same as the survivor          
coming back from war.

So many times they've killed you,
many times you'll rise from the dead,
how many (so many) nights you'll spend
despairing.
And at the time of the shipwreck
and at the darkness' time
someone will come to save you
to keep on singing.

the same as the survivor          
coming back from war.
("COMO LA CIGARRA"
Written by María Elena Walsh and sung by Mercedes Sosa.)

And a most waited answer arrived! Thanks!

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 10:08:02 AM »
Monica - I guess in recent years, my 'interpretations' have slowly dealt with the mysterious or hidden side of life.

I often wonder whether they are understandable, but you have the feeling capacity and perhaps because you can just humble yourself before the loving power of God.

It opens wonderful doors.

The story of Mary beautifully illustrates this.  She is a young girl who has just started menstruation.  She is therefore fertile, open and loving.  How much more we can receive from that mysterious spirit of life that is around us and within us if we have an open and loving heart, a love that has unfolded like a beautiful flower toward the unknown mystery that we have given the name of Life or God?  Evelyn Underhill, writing under the name John Cordelier in her book The Spiral Way, has this to say about Mary:

"So many had gone up the mountain to that one desired encounter; only to be thwarted by the cloud that broods upon the summit, and hides from human eyes the Shining Light within. The great prophets, poets, and philosophers of the antique world - all these had gone up, all had marked classic moments in the ascent of the race. Then came a little girl, pure, meek, and receptive: and ran easily to her destiny and the destiny of the universe because she was ‘full of grace.’ She held out her heart to the Invisible and in this act flung a bridge across the chasm that separates Illusion from Reality. Mary becomes by this circumstance the type and pattern of each human soul. Consciously or unconsciously, all are candidates for her high office. All, truly can become the mothers of God." (Quoted from Christian Yoga)

Tony