Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: a fat baby bird coming down home  (Read 4589 times)

Monica

• View Profile
a fat baby bird coming down home
« on: January 29, 2018, 12:06:25 AM »
Warm greetings!

After having read the post http://dreamhawk.com/interesting-people/animal-children/#Program you suggested on a recent topic I started, I began to reflect about the non-human characters so frequent in some of my dreams since a year or some more ago. I'd like to refer to a dream I had yesterday because it kind of sums up  dreams where different types of birds come around "my house", trying to get in here. The first was a duck, then something I'd identify with an albatross or a sea bird of some sort (I've seen just in tv and pictures), and an owl becoming man. Yesterday it finally made its "descent" in a way me and  my family could interact with it. The curious thing was that it was not an identifiable species of bird, and it was very large and fat, almost like a stuffed animal. It could be described as the ugly duckling (I knew it was a baby), was about my height (short for humans but big for a bird) and its feathers were yellowish and looked like plush.

The dream occured in a room that has functioned as a drawing room, where a closet that has been removed appears as when we were children, where we stored books and toys. I'm there with my sisters, it's afternoon and my attention is captured by the vision of birds approaching through the window. At first they are "normal", a pair of those little singing birds, then maybe a dove, they seem to push their way through the open window so I talk to my sisters alerting them to let them in. It isn't clear why those birds are coming so abruptly and earnestly but we are very attentive on letting them in; so we observe them passing across the window and then making their way through the cabinet, as if it was a kind of chimney, with an opening they could use to go out again. (As I write it I notice the apparent nonsense of them entering the room just to use the closet as a passage and getting out again; I think now it is as if they are entering another completely different place, a different "sky" when they pass through our window and then the hole in the cabinet's ceiling). For a while my sisters and I are just making it possible for them to come in by keeping the window open.

But then it comes the fat baby bird, and of course as he tries to cross past the window it's obvious he won't do it without help because he's so big. I try to keep the window open but as he pushes in it gets closed again and again, so I manage to stick it against the wall with large pieces of adhesive tape (the one I use for any emergence at work:) It's a weird moment because the bird moves and strains as a real one would do, and I fear it could get hurt. But finally he gets in and enters the closet, so in a moment everything is quiet, it's getting dark, I watch outside the window and see some birds yet flying high, and I take a look inside the top drawer to watch if he's still there, because I think he won't be able to pass through the hole in the ceiling. I see no movement, and there are some stuffed animal toys that we've kept since we were children there. After a while I convince myself he's there even when it's quiet, and he's mixed up with the toys. I'm worried because we have many dogs in this house and maybe they could hurt him if he's out. So I try to keep the door of the room closed but then he gets down and runs very fast, and goes down the stairs. I go after him.

He ends up at my mother's garden, I fear and even imagine a dog biting him but then someone blocks the way and again all the family is gathered there, I take a look and see the bird's changed the color of the feathers in its chest to blue (It reminds me of some feathers I collected years and years ago that I keep in a locket as a reminder of some events in my life). The bird is certainly not beautiful but it's magical, as some fairy tale beast; it's almost funny as I remember it but we all are acting really discreet with him. We don't seem to ask ourselves what in heaven is he doing here, or what we'll do with him, we just keep around him for a while and then I see one of my sisters comes and feeds him with an extremely curious food: They look like small sheets covered in precious materials I just identify by the colors (maybe I mention the only "audible" words "Are those diamonds?" talking about the food)... The sheets resemble the shapes of leaves or feathers, but covered in gold and silver. In this astounded glimpse, the sky slowly darkening above our heads, the dream ends. The morning after I read
"Even while you sleep among the sheep pens,[e]
    the wings of my dove are sheathed with silver,
    its feathers with shining gold.” Psalms 68

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: a fat baby bird coming down home
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 12:05:51 PM »
Dear Monica, dear Woman, you have a child’s heart still alive in you. It is a rare gift you have, probably because you touched magic feelings then as a child, that now, as an adult, has kept the magic window open, that also opens to a different "sky", another dimension, that the birds, images of your winged mind has traversed.

I felt this very deeply, as I think you will as you open to it. This has led you, through your dreams, through your heart, to allow the magical beast to enter your living space, the garden. You had a difficult time keeping the door open for it, possibly because you felt, “How could such magic enter my life?”

Anyway it did and has, because it has been there from childhood, and the grown up you has just recognised it and allowed it to touch the ordinary of your life with the extraordinary.

Your sister, another aspect of you, fed it. The diamonds suggest it needs them to develop its diamond body, for it is still a baby. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/diamond/

Tony

Monica

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 08:58:30 PM »
Dear Tony

I don't have the words to thank over and over again for all your big-hearted answers. It's a gift of wisdom you pour for everyone who wants to share the experience of dreaming and learning from it with you. I'm in big debt now! All I can do (and I've already done) is thank God and remember you in my prayers. Your posts and your answers have helped me through a healing process full of hardships, but also of joy and marvelous encounters!

Be blessed!

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 12:37:56 PM »

Blessings and Thanks

Tony