Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Visiting the lighthouse  (Read 6590 times)

mokey

• View Profile
Visiting the lighthouse
« on: September 10, 2011, 04:51:58 PM »
I am on my way to the Isle of Wight, I'm in the water which is a beqautiful shade of blue. It is a warm summer's day, there is a good feeling everywhere and people are laughing and having fun. I have a young child relying on me to help him/her. I take him/her in my arms and start swimming easily. I am a good strong swimmer and can very easily cope with holding a child. Ahead of us are lots of inflatable slides and  people using them, it's kind of like a water park but with a nice friendly atmosphere, not commercial. Everyone seems to be friends with everyone else.
I arrive at a fairly tall but wide wooden gate/door and go inside. The building I am in is kind of a lighthouse but is also a proper home. My friend Jodie is there, it is her home. She gets down on her knees, produces a box with a ring in it and asks me to marry her. I am aware that I am thinking that I really don't want to, that I don't love her, that I'm not into her type at all (women) but I find myself saying yes but tell myself that I will end it in a few months. My inability to say no to something that just isn't right for me is profound.
I head to go outside to the water again, there is a woman there who asks for my ticket. I realise I have to show my ticket every time I want to come out and think I'll be showing it a lot as I expect to be in and out a great deal. I can't find my ticket in my purse and am concerned that I've lost it but then remember it's in my pocket. She laughs and says she remembers me putting it there last time.  I go out feeling a little odd that I'm now engaged to Jodie.

I am in a car with another friend, Joanne , she is driving me to the lighthouse. We are in London and somehow she knows exactly how to get to where we're going and yet I had needed to use my satnav. I think she must have been here before. We are driving along and can see the lighthouse in the middle of the water, but it looks more like a water fort now, shorter. We also see that there's an entire village around the lighthouse. I know my friend Katie  lives in some part of the lighthouse and I want to get there.
I am in the lighthouse, it has six bedrooms. An estate agent is showing me. the bedroom at the top has two single beds in and is pink. Katie mainly lives in the bottom section of the lighthouse. I think it must get pretty lonely living here and quite boring. The room at the back of the lighthouse is the one Katie uses the most, it's calm and relaxing and you can hear the sea lapping against the walls. I think to myself that when it's stormy outside, it must be really lovely and cosy to be sat in this room. I wonder if I would get really bored living here with nowhere to go but then see Katie step out a large beautiful garden. She is being interview for the television, she is pregnant and I can see that having a garden would make life so much more pleasurable and it would be lovely to live here. Katie is much more beautiful in real life than how I've seen her online and how I imagine her to be.

I am walking along a cobbled street, a man comes up behind me (this man sort of looks like my ex but has the feel of deep respectful kind love more than he has a look) and places his hand on the top of my breast. I know he loves me. We walk along and there is a silent agreement that we are together in love, no words are really needed. We love each other deeply.
We go into a building which has wooden floors and three glass boxes like you would see at a fair. The one of the left has a man eating chips in it, the one in the middle was empty and the one on the right, Paddy from Big Brother got inside of and is saying something I can't understand. My ex talks too and I can hear that he sounds the same as Paddy, their accents similar. I can't understand either of them.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Visiting the lighthouse
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 11:54:40 AM »
Mokey – You start the dream with a great ease with your inner and outer life – the beautiful blue sea. Also you are helping to raise your own inner child. Most of us have this task as we try to grow, because we cannot do so without undoing the wrong experiences we met. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/your-inner-child/ and http://dreamhawk.com/health-and-healing/inner-baby-and-child/

But your are doing well in supporting and enjoying this. But then you are ready to face some issues – the business of whether to live alone, with a woman or with a man. The lighthouse is the scene for this and you wonder if you could cope with it but see it has a garden – a place in which you can relax, grow and experience the beauty of nature – as in the first part of your dream.

Being dream the friend Jodie is also an aspect of you. Like the song, I am a girl who can’t say no. But what are you, in the end not in agreement with – homosexual feelings? But maybe you are saying, “No I do not want to live alone”.

The ticket is an important thing – unless you’ve got the ticket, the price we pay to achieve something or get somewhere; or the sense of right to something, therefore confidence or validity. The uncertainty about Jodie was probably the feelings that were causing you to be uncertain of you right to be able to get into that wonderful awareness of sharing with others in the water.

I feel the return to the lighthouse is another look at living by yourself. It offers a lot of space and the garden. Then your friend Katie is another fresh aspect of you that has a different experience.

That shift then puts you in touch with your male self, a very positive move, one that can lead to wholes and not worrying about being alone.

But it is a whole new way of relating to yourself, so at the moment you cannot understand it. The love you felt makes you look at things like a TV show and that doesn't make sense, while the love you felt does.

Tony

mokey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 11:27:25 AM »
Thank you for taking the time to reply Tony.
I do understand some of your interpretation. I believe the lighthouse to be representative of where I am living now. I am living alone following the break up of my marriage (alone apart from with my children!) and often it feels as though it may as well be in the middle of the sea. I feel very alone and rarely have visitors. I've become quite isolated since moving here, however, this has given me the time and space I have needed to work on my personal growth, to try and figure out what went wrong in the marriage, etc.
The issue I'm currently facing is not homosexuality but I suppose it does involve a man or a woman. All of my life so far has been about men, boyfriends, husbands and children. Now, for the first time in my life I really want to form close friendships with women, but only as friends, but I am really struggling with this, possibly because it's not something I'm used to.

I'm assuming it's relevant what Jodie, Katie and Jo mean to me in real life, as those aspects are what the dream is showing me?
Jodie I describe as a friend of a friend, she's lovely and I'd really like someone like her as a best friend. She's warm, relaxed, funny, easygoing - all my feelings about Jodie are positive. She's a good person.

Jo is someone that I would have to describe as incredibly naive and a bit thick. She seems to focus only on what is right under her nose and never looks at the bigger picture. She has a good job but I don't understand how as I fail to see a decent level of intelligence within her.

Katie is a woman that I find quite ugly. She has elements that are pretty but overall she doesn't have a very attractive look about her. I feel quite uncomfortable looking at her sometimes as her face isn't at all symmetrical.
I found it interesting in the dream that she became prettier than I know her now.

I think my ex in the dream represents the love that I felt for him.
Paddy is someone I would describe as having strong beliefs and  good family values, which is very very much like my ex, and yet part of the reason for our breakup was that there was a lot about my ex I didn't understand, and the dream shows this too.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 02:25:34 PM by Tony Crisp »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 02:39:38 PM »
That makes a  lot more sense - it is a pity we cannot always throw things around in conversation to get at a better understanding.

I wonder if your ex in the dream doesn't simply express the love you felt but also the things you learned from your being together. Life experience is the big teacher and it  is good to list what we have learned and use it. The positive and the negative are useful, but soemtimes we haven't taken time to clarify them, and when we do they are big steps toward growth.

Tony

mokey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 04:13:42 PM »
That makes a  lot more sense - it is a pity we cannot always throw things around in conversation to get at a better understanding.

Maybe we (the royal we!) can. I know a teeny tiny smidge of an amount about dream interpretation, mainly from reading your books. I always try and interpret my dreams, some completely throw me though! I have a friend that I chat to online that is interested in dreams so we often share ours with each other.
By way of helping each other, we pick apart the dreams and ask each other questions about them. So if I'd posted the dream above to her, she'd have likely said, 'Tell me about Katie, who is she?' I'd have described her giving us both an idea about what it's about.
Then she may have said, 'What does the Isle of Wight mean to you?' etc and we'd go back and forth understanding each symbol together to come up with an overall understanding of the dream.

I no longer believe that one person can accurately interpret dreams, I believe that one person can work with the other person to help them view the dream objectively and work together with questions and answers to solve it together.
That isn't to say that your responses haven't helped me. They have always helped me to question further a line of enquiry that I had going, or look at a whole new avenue that I hadn't explored yet.
Thanks once again for your input, it does always help