Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Bare Christmas Tree  (Read 3707 times)

dreamy

• View Profile
The Bare Christmas Tree
« on: March 10, 2018, 04:54:58 AM »
Hello Tony,
Thank you for your wonderful work.I really appreciate your understanding of dreams.
I am a bit angry at myself for my ignorence in the past and my inability to manage a difficult relationship or myself better.I have a lot of difficult emotions emerging like in the past and want to make better choices and manage myself better this time yet I don't know if the choices I am making now are the right ones either. I feel sad that lack of understanding led to a difficult,pain filled relationship and it continues being difficult even after a decade of effort and inner work..

The dream:
I am inside the house of a famous actor. There is a party going on.The house is well designed but pieces of stones from the edges of the ceiling are breaking and falling off and there is rubble and stones along the edges of the floor below it.Some workmen have been collecting the rubble and cleaning up all day and taking out bags full of the stones.
The workmen bring out a sad Christmas tree made of sticks/ dry twigs.Its just a skeleton shape of a tree without any leaves.There is a fairy light bulb put on the top lighting it up to make it look like a Christmas tree by the workmen.I feel it's sad but pretty and I think in the dream that the village children would be able to see the light from the bulb even from a distance from the house.The house is near a forest beyond which there seems to be a village.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 08:22:35 AM by Tony Crisp »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Christmas tree
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 09:59:09 AM »
Green Tara – As I have said about myself in various places, “My life had felt shitty lately; I had lost any sense of God or hope, and all I felt was emptiness with nothing to live for or any satisfaction.” As the old saying goes, “We have to kiss a lot of frogs…”

Choices? Decisions or choices we make open new paths and thus are creating our future. But where do such decisions arise from? What lies behind the decisions we make? No plant or tree grows from a dead seed, and each living seed carries within it all the past gathered from all its forebears. So, the seed in your mother’s womb is as old as, and even older than human kind, and you carry that wisdom in you. For we all started from single celled creatures and we unconsciously carry the experience of all the past. Dreams link with this past, but our present body only carries a brain with recent memories and experiences. And as your personality is built out of your recent memories you are unaware of the enormous experiences and actions you have lived. Yet it is out of such past actions and experienced that our present live and circumstances is built.

So, to quote you, “to manage a difficult relationship or myself better." I have a lot of difficult emotions emerging like in the past and want to make better choices and manage myself better.” All that you are at the moment is the result of how you have managed or reacted to all past experience. Don’t get angry about yourself, for you are just what you are, and it can all be changed if you make an effort to do so.

As for the fear that these abilities will never materialise in ones life, or that they are unreal - there is a simple answer to this. You can accept as true that most human beings can change, can make some simple move. That might be that they are frightened of the dark and manage to start walking in the dark. Or it might be that they are trapped by the boundaries of a religious belief and slowly move beyond their old boundaries. Whatever it is, they have gone beyond their old boundaries. So, where is the edge beyond which they cannot go? Where is there a fixed line beyond which no one can go? If one can make a tiny move, why not another tiny move forward, and so on until the change becomes easily observable even to others?

I can see that my health has emerged out of surrender, out of that invisible place inside us. Health has emerged for me. I can see that change has emerged. I can see that insight has emerged. An enormous amount has emerged. I therefore sometimes sense that infinity is on the other side of the surrender, of that unknown place from which all arises. I can see no end to what can emerge. That is what I sense. And out of my change in health and person, it is obvious that very important things can emerge. But it takes time and perseverance, so see again https://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/opening-to-life/

From your dream it seems you are living the life of a famous actor – remember we all have a very long past. This life has led to being well designed but pieces of it are falling of for we are all subject to change, and change has brought the power of renewal to your life – the workmen. But before the work can really progress a lot of rubbish/rubble needs to be cleared away. So don’t be so impatient with yourself, for bags full of stones have been cleared already.

The skeletal Christmas tree is something you have made inside you. It is a good foundation to build upon and add beauty to; it is something children in the forest village can see – a forest village is a place built in the midst of natural life, for it is your inner dwelling place. So be of good faith dear Green Tara.

Tony