Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Why Did the Guy I Was Dating Leave Me?  (Read 3215 times)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Why Did the Guy I Was Dating Leave Me?
« on: March 14, 2018, 09:55:37 AM »
Clara

Hi there, I dreamt about this guy who I was dating but lately we’ve stopped contacting and meeting up as much as before. In my dream, he was dragged away by some bad guys. Any idea what this could mean? Thanks.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Why Did the Guy I Was Dating Leave Me?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 09:56:15 AM »
Clara – To begin to understand a dream such as yours it helps to realise that all the people, animals, places you see in your dreams, are simply your own feelings, fears, hopes and wonder projected onto the screen of your sleeping mind as images.

So the bad guys are your own negative feelings – maybe about feelings you had not admitted to yourself about him.

Example: And even if I was the subject of the dream I developed two techniques to avoid having to deal with the emotions arising in the dream.  One way was to change myself into another person and become the observer of that person;  the other way was, when things got really scary, to ask myself whether or not I was dreaming and turn the dream into a dream within the dream; only realizing that they were both in fact dreams, when I awakened.  I was always quite relieved that I could do this and avoid having to handle situations that I would rather not have dealt with.

This dreamer has developed a massive technique of repression, a way of avoiding instead of dealing with his fears.

Tony