Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Find the Common Gerd Symptoms By RefluxMD, Inc.  (Read 5147 times)

refluxmd

• RefluxMD
    • View Profile
    • Acid Reflux Home Treatment Remedies
Find the Common Gerd Symptoms By RefluxMD, Inc.
« on: March 27, 2018, 12:22:46 PM »
What are the common Gerd Symptoms?

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Find the Common Gerd Symptoms By RefluxMD, Inc.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 11:04:46 AM »
They are:
    A burning sensation in your chest (heartburn), usually after eating, which might be worse at night.
    Chest pain.
    Difficulty swallowing.
    Regurgitation of food or sour liquid.
    Sensation of a lump in your throat.

Having experienced a severe stroke paralysing my right side, my ability to swallow has never fully recovered and I suffer what in the UK is called hiatus hernia or gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD). There used to be a flap that would close and prevent that happening, not any more. I find a useful trick if it happens just as you lie down to sleep is to get plenty of saliva in your mouth and keep swallowing. That tends to clear the acid reflux.

I know medical science tries to treat symptoms even causes, but I found two things can can either stop it happening or cure the symptoms. The best way is to stop eating foods that cause a tremendous acid response - like eating a sugary sweet after eating a protein meal, or high carbohydrates like rice mixed with protein. If it still happens take two or three calcium tablets which alkalises the digestive mix.

But the best thing is to eat meals that do not cause the acidity, such a salads without too much junk added, or meals with plenty of green vegetables as part of the protein meal.

Tony
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 11:22:05 AM by Tony Crisp »