Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Puzzling dream  (Read 3315 times)

sharon

• View Profile
Puzzling dream
« on: April 04, 2018, 09:01:27 PM »
This was a dream that left me rather puzzled on the weekend. It was a very short dream that happened while I had a nap. I was aware of the sounds going on around me in the house, like my kids playing and the TV, but I was still dreaming - that part was a bit strange.

I dreamt that I was standing in my bathroom looking at 2 turquoise beads that had fallen off of my turquoise bracelet. The bracelet was half hidden under a towel and I was just looking at the beads which were beside it. I wasn't really upset about it, just thinking that it could be easily fixed. My friend walked into the bathroom and started talking to me (My friend is currently in critical condition and unresponsive in hospital). In my dream I was aware that I was dreaming and thought how nice it was that I could talk to my friend in my dream. She told me that I should read the story "The Fib." I started waking up but made myself go back to the dream because I really wanted to keep talking to her. She just looked at me and told me to find the story, that I'd enjoy it. Then I woke up with just the nicest feeling of having spent time with my ill friend and with the title of the story in my mind.

A couple of strange things about the dream - the turquoise bracelet - I don't own any turquoise. The second is the story which my friend told me to read in the dream- I had never heard of it. I am an English teacher, but was unfamiliar with the story. I am not sure if she knows the story or not. I had a heck of a time finding it, but I did read it. The first paragraph really stood out to me as it is about a boy who is sleeping and can hear his mother calling to him to get up but he just can't. He looks out from under his covers but all he sees is a frost covered window and he can hear his mother's voice telling him to get up for school.

My friend has been in critical condition and unresponsive in hospital for almost 2 weeks. She has an unknown illness which she may have picked up during a recent trip overseas. It made sense to me that I would dream about her as she has been on my mind. It's just the turquoise bracelet and the story that are really standing out in my mind.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Puzzling dream
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 09:18:29 AM »
Sharon – The first part were you are awake and dreaming is something I call ‘the waking lucid dream’. Usually we have a barrier between waking and dreaming, but if we have a passive state of mind and are relaxed the dream process can break through. This allows the dream process to move us, speak through us, exercise us and generally expand our awareness and so grow as a person. This is what produces psychic abilities, because the dream process has access to our whole self not just our conscious personality. See https://dreamhawk.com/interesting-people/edgar-cayce-and-the-cosmic-mind-superminds/ also https://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/life-will-and-conscious-will/

The bathroom in dreams can indicate a change of heat or cleansing old attitudes, and turquoise can indicate going beyond your thoughts into intuition – generally expand your awareness. The beads were partly hidden, maybe saying you have not used your intuition enough, but you felt it is easy to put it right. See https://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/intuition-many-ways/

Then the meeting with the friend; but people almost always misunderstand such dream meetings. When you think about a lover, a friend or a person you know, you are only taking in your thoughts, impressions and feelings about them. So many people do not realise that they have an inner person equally as powerful as the external person you know. You have taken in millions of bits of memory, lessons learnt, life experiences along with all the feelings or problems met by meeting or living with them, and they change you and make you the person you are. The memories and experience we gather unconsciously change us and are not lost. It is part of you and is symbolised in dreams as a person or event. Such an inner person can appear in dreams because you still carry the memories or impressions of them, and so they influenced what you hold within you.

But again, people misunderstand what is meant by such memories. The true view of it is demonstrated in your dream; for example you dream character was alive, intelligent and interactive. But if you think about it every part of your memory is the same, alive, learning and communicative. But it is interesting to find out when you can if your friend did know of the title The Fib. I would love to know because when we befriend or love someone, I believe we take in more than simple memories, we take in the living responses of the person, and in that way we are enlarged by knowing and caring for people.

Tony