Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Two dimensions  (Read 3374 times)

dreamy

• View Profile
Two dimensions
« on: April 20, 2018, 07:22:06 AM »
Hello Tony,
You have mentioned that we live in two dimensions.The following dream makes me wonder about the interplay between these two dimensions... do they co-exist or is the outer simply a reflection of the inner ? Thank you for your valuable time.

Dream:
At the workplace of a television company.Initially N (my boss,a woman, from 15 years ago)is there but she leaves and doesn't come to the workplace anymore.The office looks like my school classroom.Many people including J ( a schoolmate who is an artist) stay at home the whole week as there is no work happening. I've been going but there is no work happening at the office.
I meet R and his wife ( neighbours who are yoga teachers) outdoors in a garden.They are tending to some plants.He tells me, "Of course you should leave the television company.You'll be happier."
He is tending/growing rose plants and binding the rose plants to the garden fences. His wife is also doing gardening work in the dream.She also says I should leave the company (which by the way I had already left 15 years ago in waking life and have not been to work at all since then).
I tell all this to my sister who says "Why leave just because they said so?" but I was pretty sure it made sense to leave.It was very dull,no work,few people came to office.Most were at home.I feel in the dream that maybe I too should have done that.I should have stayed at home.I should try that instead of leaving till it's necessary.Keep it going a little longer.
J (the artist) tells someone on the phone that I have a car so they can go with me.J tells them she would handle the arrangements of them travelling with me in my car and talk to me about it. 
I observe that even A (another ex-boss,a man,from 15 years ago) seems to have left.I wonder in the dream-Without the two bosses who is in charge?

A cow comes and sits next to me.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Two dimensions
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 11:22:18 AM »
T – A complicated dream. But it is not just two dimensions, but I suppose it can be divided into outer and inner – see https://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/dimensions-of-human-experience/

You dream appears to put you in a learning situation that you are working on – the workplace and school classroom. The message is that you would do better if you leave what you have been doing and be involved in artwork and yoga – that is not suggesting doing those things but a change to that area of interest – an artist and yoga teachers.

You have taken many people’s influence into you - When you think about a lover, a friend or a person you know, you are only taking in your thoughts, impressions and feelings about them. So many people do not realise that they have an inner person equally as powerful as the external person you know. You have taken in millions of bits of memory, lessons learnt, life experiences along with all the feelings or problems met by meeting or living with them, and they change you and make you the person you are. The memories and experience we gather unconsciously change us and are not lost. It is part of you and is symbolised in dreams as a person or event. Such an inner person can appear in dreams because you still carry the memories or impressions of them, and so they influenced what you hold within you.

So the artist, the yoga teachers, your sister and A, are all in you and you appear to be going through a learning experience because of your life experience with these people. So you need to ‘digest’ those experiences and influences.

Digestion is a very important function not just for our body but also for our mind and spirit. I have seen people become very ill in mind because they have not digested their experience or what they have learnt at school or the lessons and experience of a relationship long gone. And digestion is a Life function. Life in us is often greatly overlooked and our dreams are one way of showing us how we have not surrendered our life experience to that function. See https://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/digest/

The cow is a very primal image of motherhood. It suggests ‘goodness’ in the area of caring relationships.

Tony
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 12:43:52 PM by Tony Crisp »