Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Water Meditation-Imported fro Queries  (Read 3795 times)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Water Meditation-Imported fro Queries
« on: April 24, 2018, 08:16:00 AM »
Zohreh

Dear Tony,
Thank you! I’m so great-full for your explanation! Yes, a lot if it makes sense and as you said its coming from my childhood and I know this! Still its so difficult to be aware of it all the time! I try to meditate every day and Keep awareness of how I feel and what I think but it’s so easy to lose that when I become too involved with my daily life!

I have read some articles on your website about the “LifeStream” and became very interested in it! I did the practices (not all of them) and two days ago I tried the “water” exercise! In my mind I was thinking the first time nothing will happen probably and my mind will be in control and I will end up standing there doing nothing! But surprisingly after couple of minutes my arms started moving, than my body! It was moving slowly and I was fully aware of the movements! I was also scared because it felt like somebody is moving my body and I don’t have control! There were moments I was thinking of moving in a certain way but than something else was happening!

What was very interesting is that the movements were showing me exact points in my body were I have tension and normally I’m not feeling it! However I didn’t do 30 minutes, my fear stopped me! But I’m going to try it again!

Do you know if there are any places in the Netherlands where you can do this with group or with a couch? I couldn’t find anything on Internet!

Thanks again for the reply and this great website!

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Water Meditation-Imported fro Queries
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 09:22:31 AM »
Zehra – There is so much to learn about our inner world. I will try to explain your feeling, “I was scared because it felt like somebody is moving my body and I don’t have control!”

It is so strange that many people feel that. Strange because we are not in control of our breathing, our heart beat, or the thousands of inner movements our body makes. But of course people are used to those movement, and people believe their body is a type of automatic machine that only moves when we make it, to experience it dance and move and deeply experience all by itself is beyond their belief – they are scared they are not in control or that something or someone else is. Thus their belief in being possessed.

But in life and sleep we have two powerful actions working in us. The first is our waking experience based on having a body, its limitations, vulnerabilities and a particular gender.

While we sleep our conscious self is largely or totally unconscious, and while we dream our voluntary muscles are paralysed – therefore another will or motivating force moves our body. So we have a Conscious Will, and what I will call a Life Will.

This second motivator is the power that gave us life and continues to express as dreams, in our breathing and heartbeat – our life. This I have given the description as the Life Will.
The first one we have experience of as we can move our arm or speak in everyday activities; but the second will takes over when we sleep.

This Life will can move us to speak, to move our body, and in fact do things that we cannot do with our Conscious Will. See https://dreamhawk.com/interesting-people/edgar-cayce-and-the-cosmic-mind-superminds/

What most people in today's world don’t realise that is when we drop our control and allow spontaneous body expression our Life Will breaks through and expresses. This was recognised and used, even venerated, in past ages. Today I have tried to explain it in terms hopefully understood by people today. Control and letting go of control also relate very fully to what we know about ourselves. This is because with too tight a control on what we allow ourselves to feel or experience we build a barrier against the re-experiencing and healing of old painful events, and also for the arising of new aspects of our potential to emerge, for the Life Will is so wonderfully trying to clear such blocked emotions, and as it clears them it leads us to a life of wonder. See https://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/opening-to-life/ - https://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/the-waking-lucid-dream/

As to whether there are any places in the Netherlands where you can do this with group? Groups seem to need people who have confidently used the approach and others feel safe. But in my case I have never managed to be someone who manages to stay in one place long enough. Also many people are scared, as you were, by experience of surrendering your will to Life/God, and so it is difficult to get groups started. One group I tried to get going in a Quaker meeting, the man said, “Why should I surrender, because if I do the Devil will possess me.” He was obviously already possessed by fear. Another woman who had real spontaneous movements suddenly stood up and said, “This is against my religion!” The strange thing was it WAS her religion, because Christianity started with Pentecost, where the participants experienced spontaneous movements and acted almost like they were drunk. I had so many experiences like that I gave up trying – except explaining it on my site.

Tony
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 10:42:02 AM by Tony Crisp »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 08:40:26 AM »
Zohreh

Hi Tony,
I tried it again today! This time it was much more strong! I don’t even know how to explain it! Before I started I had cold because my room was cold but when I started to move I was very hot! I felt heat coming out of my skin! I tried to not think about the movements or judge them, but does the movements say something about whats going on inside?!

I started making big circles with my upper body! My legs were fixed but from waist it was moving in a circle! Like my head was drawing a wide circle on horizontal plan! My arms going up and down, like dancing with it! It started slow but than it got faster, I tried to focus on how I feel, I felt overwhelmed, confused, very hot! Than suddenly I got so dizzy that I was falling down! I opened my eyes to get my balance back and sat on the bed and tried to focus on my breathing! But my body started again doing the same movement while I was sitting! After couple of minutes it got slower and I felt tired and felt like crying! The feeling was like Im being pulled to different directions and I'm tired! Than my face and upper lip moved, almost like the expression of being disgusted but not exactly the same! Than I was calmer and stopped!

Should I care, or analyse what’s happening during the session? Should I be focused on the movements of the body or the emotions if/that comes up?

This is so interesting! and I have so many questions!

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 10:31:30 AM »
Zohreh – It gives me a good feeling to see you are not a ‘scary cat’ who retreats at the first sign of meeting the great unknown that is the Mystery of Life.

So, you need to understand that until you started being ready for Life to make its own movements through you, you were inwardly asleep to this other force within you. In a sense you had never moved before, never felt or spoke or sang or even woken up mentally before to your inner world. So at first you have to be woken up slowly, and the movements have no other meaning except making your body ready to move and express itself.

Another way of expressing it is to say that a spring of water has opened in dry land, and as the spring flows more strongly it become a small river. Of course the river has flowed in the long past, for it is the river of Life energy flowing through your body that causes you to be alive and aware. But because its flow is increasing the river will push any obstacles it meets out of its way; so a cleansing experience is met and also a waking energy which slowly brings to life every part of your being. So you will be woken up to movement, to your emotions, to your voice and your mind. So be patient.

A sunrise has brought a new day.

Tony