Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ice-covered bridge  (Read 4424 times)

Omega

• View Profile
Ice-covered bridge
« on: May 13, 2018, 11:03:02 AM »
Very scary. On an incredibly high dark green iron suspension bridge. I'm not sure what part of it I'm on, I seem to be quite high above the part vehicles would use, on some flat part among the upper structure. Proportions are huge and the drop seems to be miles. It's fairly dark, maybe twilight. The bridge is covered in thick ice and it's almost impossible to find secure footing.

A young girl about 7 or 8, is trying to get me to follow her, I refuse. I'm not sure but I think she's pale and  also covered in ice.  Then she falls (I think deliberately) and is clinging to a bar over the edge. I sigh because I think she's trying to trick me to get me to go with her, I go to reach her but she's way out of reach and I refuse to put myself in danger I know I'll fall and I don't trust her, so I pull back and leave her there..I think it also crosses my mind that it's a dream, so she won't die. But at the same time, I see no good reason to let myself fall over the edge.

I go to the other side of the bridge, a white hand comes up from underneath and grabs my foot, it's a middle age woman like cruella de ville. There's a deeply venomous quality to her, pure hate. She jumps up and is very powerful I struggle and struggle with all my strength against her, the drop below is miles. . It's terrifying. I'm slipping around on this freezing ice and trying to keep this woman off me. I wake with my heart pounding and feeling ill with fear

Reflecting on this I see two energies.
 The frozen child who has a death wish, or wants to lead me somewhere that isn't clear..
The bullying killer that for me associates with 'mother' that also wants me to die
And I am between the two, trying my best to stay alive.

Being the witch - I hate your hope, I hate you are still trying, it's embarrassing, you are an embarrassment, you fool,  just die!
Being the child - I want to float, I want to fly, I don't want to feel any more pain, come with me.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 10:21:09 PM by Omega »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Ice-covered bridge
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 09:50:36 AM »
Omega – Wow – between a rock and a hard place!

Have you seen https://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/masters-of-nightmares/ - it demonstrates that our life in the body and life in dreams are totally different. But unfortunately we are deeply programmed to react to dream life exactly with the same fear as if we will get hurt. So there would be no harm in you following the young girl, or facing the scary woman and asking her, “What the hell are you trying to do to me?”

She is your own emotional energy turned against you – the energy of fear. If I haven’t said it already I will try to tell it again – You can face any of your dream images – for that is all they are – so imagine yourself back in your dream while awake and confront them. Even in fact become them. In that way you face and transform your fears. So dive off the bridge and get red hot feet and burn through the ice. Dreams do it all the time, so why can’t you?

Dying! You can die over and over and over - "The body twisted back, and slowly I died. It was peaceful. I gasped and gulped, then quietly died. Then I died. I went through death and awoke, very confused. “I died, but I lived. I don’t understand. Also I died. I am dead. I have never been alive. I’ve never be alive. there was so much pain I died. I just died. It didn’t seem difficult or painful. Because I had died I seemed to be identifying with, or knowing more intimately, people who I love. Everything I’d done, was ending, and I carried through and I died. I realised that one dies. One’s ego dies and one’s body dies. And then I had this vision of my father who was already dead, coming to pick up this dead body, carrying it across a threshold into what I felt was a heavenly meadow and this dead body was resurrected and I could see what resurrected it. I was told I had died and the experience was so vast but never remembered at the time, but had influenced my life extraordinarily.

So much for dying and death. In dreams, death, where is your sting?

Tony
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 09:31:20 AM by Tony Crisp »

Omega

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 07:55:33 PM »
Thank you Tony, I read through the link. Thanks for drawing attention to the energy of fear.

..this was also very helpful from your site. 'To feel fear in a dream means that you have not yet developed abilities to cope with what is symbolised as causing the fear. One of the wonderful things about dreams if you work with them, is that they gradually show you how to deal with the parts of your nature that need to grow or to be healed. They show how to meet the parts of yourself that need release, or to be understood or healed. If it takes courage to meet these buried or painful parts of yourself, then your dreams will gradually take you on a journey that helps you to unfold your resources of courage. You will be enabled to face your fears, and in fact gain power and instruction from them.'

In Nightmares, Isn't the power of the dream the fact I don't know it's a dream? That way I can truly work with my fear. If I were to say,'oh it's just a dream' I lose that opportunity.

Emm, but on the other hand I guess fear, is actually the feeling of powerlessness. And if you can feel 'power' in the dream over what causes fear, such as being able to recognise it's a dream, I guess that's growth of a kind.

A lot of fearseems to me to be lack of nurturance/support/safety and as you say above, not having developed the abilities to deal with the source of the fear. So now in all areas of fear - instead of feel the fear and do it anyway, or raw courage, I'm trying to give myself what I need and build up to a moment of readiness, natural and unforced, I believe it's a sea change.

John Donne
Death, be not proud, though some have called thee
Mighty and dreadful, for thou art not so;
For those whom thou think'st thou dost overthrow
Die not, poor Death, nor yet canst thou kill me.
From rest and sleep, which but thy pictures be,
Much pleasure; then from thee much more must flow,
And soonest our best men with thee do go,
Rest of their bones, and soul's delivery.
Thou art slave to fate, chance, kings, and desperate men,
And dost with poison, war, and sickness dwell,
And poppy or charms can make us sleep as well
And better than thy stroke; why swell'st thou then?
One short sleep past, we wake eternally
And death shall be no more; Death, thou shalt die.  :)

Dream: This morning I woke with a tiny snippet of a dream. I am standing beside a tall dark skinned man, possibly Indian, I am positioning his hands on a rifle teaching him how to shoot it, I'm also telling him he has to have a more aggressive facial expression for it to work. He is rather soft and unsure and I'm thinking it will take a bit leap for him to embody the necessary energy.. Seems not even my 'shadow' (?) side is very agresssive!  :-\
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 10:25:30 PM by Omega »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 09:39:58 AM »
Thanks - I realise that in a nightmare it is a hell of a job to wake to other opportunities; but practising changing such horrors and facing them while awake in imagination does slowly change you into a Master of Nightmare.  :)

The dreams quoted in Masters were dreamt mostly by dreamers who had spent years getting there. John Donne was such a Master.

Have you seen https://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/integration-meeting-oneself/

Tony
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 09:42:01 AM by Tony Crisp »

Omega

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 10:00:40 AM »
Thanks Tony. Yes I've read through that a few times. I think I will need to accept the process, that what has been fragmented can not be rushed back to wholeness. I feel very very very impatient, but most of this journey has been accepting and trusting in forces greater than I. Thanks for pointing that out about the time taken by others, that helps to know.

There is a development in the nightmares, even if it's just that I'm having them and remembering them and bringing it all to consciousness. Thanks for your feedback! It's a great help, I really appreciate it.