Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Owl  (Read 4237 times)

dreamy

• View Profile
Owl
« on: May 20, 2018, 06:34:14 AM »
I find a big worm in a roti,a round flatbread that I am eating and I chuck it on the floor.I am shocked at how long the worm is as it crawls out.Then it turns into a big shapeless brown thing/splotch/puddle.I tell my Father and show it to him as it creeps away,"See it's so big.Big as a crocodile." Then it turns into a beautiful brown owl.The owl looks like its carved out of dark wood but it's a real owl. There is no need now to feel scared or threatened,no need to kill it. My father looks at it kindly and he is going to gently pick it up from the floor and put it outside so it can fly away.

I am dressing up a girl for a shoot.She says it was fun doing the shoot(taking photos) to music even though it was for a magazine. I meet a girl working at a hip store for lunch,then realize I should have told her to get me a few things from the store to choose from to buy.Then I realize I am in the upmarket,hip store myself.I feel the items must be very expensive and I wonder if I actually want to buy something so expensive.There are enlarged,artistic photos like posters on the walls.All the photos are of the shop's exterior - the road, the bus stop all surrounded with fences made of plants.From the plants I can tell exactly which area the photos were taken.

I am outside with a man(unknown man) who is a young,smart guy but from a lower social class,from the labour class and he manages garbage collection.He is completely committed to me but I look at him to get a long,last look at him.He is young ( much younger than me) and handsome but has darker skin like a labourer and wearing his garbage man's uniform and I know I have to tell him it will never work.I cannot marry him.It will break his heart but do I have the willingness to go through with it? to face the world with having him as my partner? To marry a labour class guy who collects garbage? Even though he is completely dedicated to me.
I see a view that would make a great artistic photo composition and I show it to him and he says "yes I thought so too,I'll grab my camera".We both shoot the photo, a juxtaposition of a modern and antique vehicle.It's great that he is artistic too.
Later he says," I was going to tell you...(something)",referring to something I would relate to.He is very familiar with me, knows me well and expects me to be his girl for keeps, like I am already a part of his life and he treats me that way.It's a nice feeling but I'm not comfortable that I can commit to him and face the world with a labour class partner who is a garbage man. I appreciate that he is doing his job well,manages the other workers and garbage collectors very well and is dedicated to his work too.
A school friend tells me I should have waited before breaking up.What was the hurry?I tell her "It's made no difference"."That's precisely why you should have waited",she says.

The second part of the dream refers to a man which I feel is referring to my relationship with inner work (cleaning garbage). I don't seem to want to continue this work but is that wise ?(Even though the wise owl has appeared in the dream). Perhaps my creativity and desire for artistic expression is shadowed by my focus on the garbage management.I don't seem to want to make a life long commitment to the garbage man as unconsciously I seem to feel the inner work(garbage management) is "lower" and "labour"(as revealed in the dream). This is not a decision that was made by my conscious choice/will. So the dream maybe revealing my unconscious decision,a decision that maybe too presumptuous and hasty or is it higher will? This might be the time to question what the best route to a creative life is and what is the way ahead after cleaning out the garbage? This dream seems to be pointedly marking the end of the "cleaning garbage" stage.It was necessary and it has got me this far but now it seems time to let go old approaches and let in something new ( I am beginning to appreciate the importance of "waiting" and "listening" and "doing nothing" ) .Your insights are much appreciated.
Thank you.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 04:17:26 AM by t »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Owl
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 09:53:20 AM »
T – Something that you see as awful transforms into something beautiful – the owl.

Also an important part of inner work is cleaning out the garbage your culture puts in you, or thinking and feelings you have taken on that are actually not good parts if you so need to be ditched. At some point in your inner work you start going through a cleansing process, where all the trauma and inner junk starts unloading.

Also, do not make the mistake of taking the values you learned in your culture about garbage collectors, lead you to think that your dream garbage collector is of no value. In the inner life he is the most important function and like the big shapeless brown thing/splotch/puddle can transform into the beauty you have within you – your intuitive function. Please see https://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/self-regulation-in-dreams-and-fantasy/

It is the force and energy behind all inner growth. So in imagination say sorry to your wonderful garbage collector and cleaner for misjudging him. Remember the highest and lowest are equal parts of each other and together bring balance.

Tony
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 12:15:22 PM by Tony Crisp »

dreamy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 07:20:01 AM »
Thank you Tony.This is the first time that a garbage collector has appeared in my dreams.Thank you for the eye-opening information on the self-regulation process in dreams.Larger forces seem to have taken over in the following dream immediately after this...

A giant monkey man (a monkey as big as king kong but he is a monkey walking on two legs like a human) arrives at an island city.He is with a female monkey as huge as him.I see several other giants that the police have brought in (their hands are tied/cuffed by the police).These giants look like humans.
No one has realized they are going to go amuck and destroy everything in their way.I have seen the male monkey going berserk and destroying everything in the city (it looks like the city where I live).
I go back to my hotel and pack my bag.
A movie is made of the giant monkey and we watch it in a cinema hall.We tell everyone watching that we were really there,all the screaming they hear in the movie is ours.
I pack my bag and head to the train station to leave the city.Earlier I consider going home to my mother because she is in a safe area and will be safe.My sister and her husband were in the hotel but their room is empty.I must call to tell them not come back and leave the city.
No one believes what is going to happen.Then we see the army arrive in big trucks and I tell everyone,"See that,we must get away from here".
But the giant monkey has arrived there already.I spot him in the distance looming huge behind the trees and greenery along the coastline on the horizon.
Somehow I make it to the hotel.I am told there are still buses running that will take me home although it will be a long ride taking the bus route.
Then I am in my mother's room and I ask my mother which white colour she prefers of the two whites (two shades of white) on her wall.
Sitting in a cinema hall there is a girl from my school,dressed as a Bride in a white gown.She switches seats preferring to sit at the farthest end of the row,close to the wall instead of the aisle seat to be safer, because the giant monkey might come there.I feel the giant monkey would go for the bride and hold her in his hand like King Kong holds the blonde in the movie (like she is precious and dear to him).He would not hurt her.
The female monkey has big breasts and walks on two legs like a human woman.We wonder if we would be safer closer to her but we don't take a chance.I see a woman standing against a wall amidst all the chaos of people escaping for their lives.I hear her saying,"Oh God what will happen to me".She doesn't seem to have any family around.She is alone,by herself,caught in the middle of all the chaos.
After all the mass destruction seems to have ended we go back to our room and my friends(unknown) have made me a beautiful quilt stuffed with some trinkets jingling inside it for me.I think it's incredible they found the time to make it in the midst of all the mayhem.They made it another room inside where I wouldn't see them making it. They were thanking me for saving their lives and wanted to do it at the right time itself,as the later it gets the moment is gone.I must remember to be as thoughtful as them and take note of doing the same myself.
The giant monkey walks into the ocean.He is so big he can walk on the ocean floor making it look like he is walking on water.

Most of what was familiar to me has been destroyed gradually over the last decade and there is a sense of "Oh God what will happen to me ?" now. The larger forces seem benevolent in the dream and the message seems to be that I have nothing to fear and much to be thankful for
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 12:00:52 PM by t »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 11:12:42 AM »
T - It is difficult to define the things you are meeting and losing, but it reminds me of a conversation I felt I had with a dead friend, Shaun.

"Meanwhile my communications with Shaun continued. I discovered there was no need to stand on the shoulder of Little Hangman with the Bristol Channel below. All it needed was a receptive listening state of mind.

Because I had filed the first communication with Shaun as possibly a reflection of my own desire to find a partner, I had not tried communicating again. But meeting Dakota in the way I did lit my interest again once more and developed trust in the reality of communicating. Therefore, it was months after the first talk that I asked Shaun again and what his life was now confronting him with. He said, “Something strange is happening. It feels as if all that I am is being taken away. I am losing myself as Shaun. But at the same time something is being added.”

This was difficult for me to understand so we talked it over for a while. What I eventually understood was that death had entered Shaun into a more expansive way of experiencing himself than he knew in the body. In this new life, he was in a certain way a baby, a learner. He was gradually maturing in his new life, just as a newborn baby slowly grows into its life outside the womb. In doing so a baby develops through stages such as infancy, childhood, and adolescence. Life outside the womb allows the baby the possibility of greater movement. So, it gradually learns to crawl, then walk and run. The early limitations fall away as it grows.

Shaun, now a whole being, said to me, "My old self has almost totally melted away, and the border has been crossed into a life without boundaries.  Now, your life and mine are rolled together as never before.  What you live is part of my experience through the link of love we made in life.  This is the love that links those in life with those in death."

Tony
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 12:40:20 PM by Tony Crisp »