Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I squeezed my own breast milk out for them-Imported  (Read 3542 times)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
I squeezed my own breast milk out for them-Imported
« on: June 03, 2018, 09:57:46 AM »

I had a dream that I came upon a monkey who was trying to care for too many baby monkeys to count, many of them seemed completely newborn. I felt so sad for her and them that I squeezed my own breast milk out for them. So much of it spilled with them all moving around and I felt so sad for all the tiny ones who were basically being trampled by the older ones. I wanted to help all of them and relieve the poor mother but didnt know what else I could do.

Melissa
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 10:08:56 AM by Tony Crisp »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: I squeezed my own breast milk out for them
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 09:59:10 AM »
Melissa – You are obviously a loving and caring person.

You dream is unusual because you do not dream of your own baby but the babies of another creature.

But the theme of the dream appears to be about caring deeply about the unfortunate and weak babies who are not looked after. So you give of your own milk.

In the foolishness of my old age I believe I see visions. In these I see that the tradition offering a baby to a higher influence, the tradition of baptism, is older than the historical Christian church. It had its ascendance in the love a mother felt for her children, and beyond that the love she felt and gave to other children. Beyond that still, a loving woman might suckle a creature and extend her love beyond the normal boundaries. She might hold that other child, or that creature, with the same tenderness that she held her own baby. In such a moment she would know something that was beyond herself. It is something that flows through all of us. We symbolise it as the milk, the wine, or the blood.

The urge that enables us to reach out to another person who is not our own kin, or to another creature, is a degree of awareness of that universal life and consciousness that pervades all things. However we like to symbolise it, it represents what IS. It represents the Mystery that we can perhaps never understand, that is Life.

I feel you have that in you – it is beautiful.

Because I was born a weak chick, being two months premature at a time prior to intensive care and antibiotics; I know the experience of being the week one. So every evening I send thoughts and feeling to those babies and children, and animals that are having a rough time. I feel I am part of a wonderful crowd of women and men who give of themselves.

Tony
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 10:06:18 AM by Tony Crisp »