Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Bear Talked to Me But I was Scared-Imported from Comments  (Read 3344 times)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
I often have a dream About a bear being in my house trying to open doors. Years ago I had a dream that one was in my garage when I went out to get food in the freezer & as soon as I saw it it started to make noise like it was trying to talk, but I turned around & ran.

I remember It had a paw out as I left and I held the garage door from the inside cause I had no time to lock It. As I let go to lock It the bear opened the door and I remember screaming before waking up. It was on all 4 and it was easily feet tall on all 4 and  it was a brown bear.

Last night I had a very similar dream, but this time I was at my neighbors house in her Florida room. It was a summer night and I went to go out back to the pool but as I opened the door I saw giant bear. It wasn’t a brown bear like I always see though, it had the same pattern/color as my cat (dilute calico). I screamed as I saw it (I ran into it as I opened the door and went out) and I quickly turned around to run. I remember it’s paw grabbed me by the arm but I pulled away and ran inside. It kept trying to open the door as I held onto the knob and I remember I was crying cause I was so sure it was going to eat me. It then started to hit the door when it couldn’t get the door open and I turned around to run inside and it opened the door, just like last time.

Looking back onto both dreams I can tell that wasn’t it’s actual intention. I remember both times it was bear talking but I was in such a panic.

Laura
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 03:28:29 PM by Tony Crisp »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: The Bear Talked to But I was Scared-Imported from Comments
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 03:28:04 PM »
Laura – Don’t forget the Life itself can talk to us, as the bear has tried to do on several occasions.

Remember - whenever we dream its images are not like real life, because a dream is nothing like outer life where things could hurt you, but is an image like on a cinema screen, so that even if a gun is pointed at you and fired it can do no damage – except if you run in fear; so, all the things that scare you are simply your own fears projected onto the screen of your sleeping mind.

So I suggest you get back into your inner world, your imagination, because dreams and imagination are very alike; and go up to the bear and say you are sorry for not listening, and you are now ready to hear what it has  to say. That bear certainly is persistent and wants to tell you something.

Every part of a dream, whether an object, person or animal, is alive with our own intelligence for we created it from our core self. Each part has been created out of ourselves in some way, and depicts some area of our own total being. We can therefore talk with them. Such dialogue is of great importance and very revealing.

To do this, imagine yourself as one of the characters, animals or objects in your dream. It may help at first to have two chairs – one empty and one you are sitting in. The character or object of your dream is in the empty chair. When you are ready to be that character move from your chair, sit in the empty chair and speak as that character. To answer or question the character from your own identity, move to the original chair and speak from your own character.

Be playful and curious in doing this. Question the character, and when you move to that role, let whatever your feelings are as that character motivate what you say and do. Exploring your dream in this way unfolds a great deal of information that would otherwise remain unconscious. It also enables you to make real changes in unconscious attitudes or habits, as you are literally dialogging with areas of character patterning or programming, and can change them.

Example: When I spoke as the new born baby of my dream I really felt as if this was me, newly born. I had had a difficult birth and my reaction was that I wanted nothing to do with life. I wanted to stay curled up like an egg, not getting involved in the exterior world.

The adult observing me could see how this aspect of my inner life had led me to be withdrawn from social activity all my life, so I explained this to the baby me, saying – I need you to be ready to meet the world. You are a part of me and if you continue to withdraw I lack the enthusiasm to get involved with other people. Back as the baby I felt totally vulnerable and didn’t want to take any risks – No I don’t want to come out of the egg. As the adult again I said – Look, if you remain curled up this is more of a gamble than actually getting out and taking risks in life. Just lying there anything can get you. I had recently seen a film about baby turtles hatching an rushing to the sea. Some of them got eaten by seagulls, but the faster they were the less likely to be caught. So I explained this to the baby me. As the baby this really got to me. I felt a change in me and a readiness to begin the journey of meeting life outside the womb. This change really made a difference to my everyday activities. A lifelong habit of being introverted gradually dropped away. T

Tony