Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dream about water and murder  (Read 3387 times)

Nika

• View Profile
Dream about water and murder
« on: June 27, 2018, 11:59:48 PM »
I have this dream that I'm in our community swimming pool on a field trip even though I've completed school years ago and I help a group of people there electrocute a guy in the water and then take him back to a house where we proceed to shock him to make sure he's dead but I hear him talking to me. He goes up in flames and the smell is so bad I gag on it veggie proceeding to put his parts down the garbage disposal of the kitchen sink. What does this dream mean?! Never had one so vividly graphic

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Dream about water and murder
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 10:35:00 AM »
Nika – A field trip, especially in dreams is usually about observation to education you. So the return to school years is a reminder of the learning process.

It is difficult for me to know why you electrocuted the guy because all the images, people, animals, places we see in our dreams, are simply your own feelings, fears, hopes and wonder projected onto the screen of your sleeping mind as images. So as you didn’t say or even know what you associated feelings are with him I suggest reading https://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson and https://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/characters-or-people-in-dreams/

But the last part of the dream is clear, you wanted what ever the character represented for you dead, and really went to town on getting rid of him/it.

The results of this can bring great ‘learning’ through ‘observation’ as in the example:

Example: I dreamt of being with a woman who was desperately seeking a man. I was also with my own female companion. I believe the woman had been suddenly dropped by her man, and I and my partner were close and with her.

Still in the semi-awake state I tried ‘being’ the woman, and had a very clear response. I experienced being her, but was also me with experience of seeing into myself in some degree. I saw that the woman, like most of us, was a female creature whose instinctive drive was to find a mate. But she was not aware of this as an instinctive drive but as a personal feeling. As such she had become, like many women and men, lost in a huge web of personal ideas about whether they were attractive, sexy, with many complications about love, gender mixed with childhood unconscious traumas and the heartbreak all that brings.

Beyond it I found boxes there,
Full of history and treasures;
Boxes you might never
Break open except
In the extremes of need,
Or the excitation of
Greatness or wonder.
And you are so full
Of these things,
Lying quiescent beneath
The familiar lines
Of your face,