Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dream about plane crashes but changing scenarios  (Read 3290 times)

V

• View Profile
Dream about plane crashes but changing scenarios
« on: June 29, 2018, 11:00:43 PM »
Dear Tony,

I would be so grateful for your help with this dream. I'll outline two bits for clarity.

1) I dreamt last night that an airplane quite big landed at faster than usual speed, then as a result of this move fast to the left and being unable to stop until it crashed on an airport building. The curious is thing is I was watching, possibly from a lounge or a departure gate, and possibly people were running as to help towards that direction. The airplane was from a company Air Europa - I have no relation to, not from country and never flown with them.

2) I dreamt about another plane crash in the past half year already. I think I was in an open-plan workspace that turned out to be inside a plane; at some point the plane started to lose altitude very fast, and we may have run to some seats, as I found myself on one and with a seatbelt on, and to the back side of the aircraft, that was pretty big and spacious. The very curious bit is that, on falling to ground, the plane was turning upside down, so basically my head was pointing to the ground. It was snowing outside and the scene looked like a city from my mom's country, from a movie I watched many times, and especially it did not feel final, it felt like a very long descent and that quite a bit of time was in between that moment and the crash. I did not see the actual crash in the dream - it may not have happened.

I know plane crashes have to deal with anxiety and difficulties getting direction, or fears about outcomes, yet I'm a bit confused about making sense of this for my situation.

in dream 1), which happened last night, it's just about making a decision to pursue stability. It's a huge step for me as I'm a free spirit, yet I found myself in a situation where I need at least SOME stability; I found myself having to really make a choice, which I find it hard to stick to (I couldn't even sleep after making the decision). I found myself having to finally apply for a proper job for which I am fully qualified, but the world of "proper" jobs and careers scares me to death. I've been getting close to applying many times in the past months but to not actually do it. The truth is I'm scared of coming to terms with this. Of giving away my nature. I know I can do these jobs, and very well, but my nature will call me and I may quit 1,5, 10 years into it. I'm scared of feeling depleted by them. I feel I was made to be a knight, a warrior, or some kind of ancient goddess living in the wilderness - really a Medieval thing. I know I have to find a way to realise my nature in today's world, yet living in instability (no steady job, not even a steady home) is to some extent much closer to my nature...and I suspect gives me way more time to think, feel, develop (how could I by spending 50+ hours in an office?).
---yet instability is also painful, I guess every free spirit needs a refuge to come back to, and I'm also very talented so it's a waste of my talent as I'm not embarking on any path. So I have to make a choice for my own good. It's so scary and I wonder how dream 1) refers to this. I see a description on your website for "Can sometimes relate to childhood traumas that make it difficult for you to get your life taking flight." Indeed my mom suffers from narcissistic disorder, I've known quite recently and I'm still coming to terms with this. Much of my life has been escaping from her - to this day where I'm escaping consciously, at least in choosing to be physically away from her. Yet my escapes led me to recreate that very same environment in many situations, and so...I have a choice now not to escape. How does the plane crash I watched relate to that?

I mentioned dream 2) because I find it interesting that while in was IN the plane crash, in dream 1) I managed to only watch it. Does it mean I'm safe? That I'm taking control? That my choices, however scary, will mean I will not crash together with the plane (my dad had a very similar nature to me, and ultimately died of suicide)? Plus, dream 2) happened around a time where I decided to get rid of some of the things I did not like, like the well-qualified, but temporary, not super well-paying and unsatisfying (for me), jobs that I was doing and the town and country where I was living. I was very unhappy there and I think I ended up there as a covert manipulation of my mom - no wonder I lived many years of loneliness, being always alone and unnoticed, feeling unheard and disconnected, and not worthy of anything, exactly same way of growing up with a narcissistic parent. Of course it was scary, but I somehow got to it.

Although I'm now facing the even bigger step: what do I really want to do? Do I really want to be in my home country? Who am I? How can I be a Medieval knight in today's world?

But why the plane was turning upside down? why the slow-motion crash that may not have happened?

Sorry for the long description, but I felt I needed to explain where I'm at, I know for sure it's related, and of course dream 1) is what matters to me now but I was wondering about the connections with dream 2).

I would be so grateful for your help. I'm facing a truly momentous decision time - I feel I could choose to keep on escaping, or ""force"" myself to come to terms with this world, and maybe this dream could help me see things differently.

Thank you!!

V.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Dream about plane crashes but changing scenarios
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 10:48:23 AM »
V – Thank you so much for giving so much information because it helps so much. But it was also very moving for me to read, because I have lived your story – but being 81 I can see it in perspective, and for the past 40 years have been self employed.

The earliest dream you were actually flying, but you were a passenger on someone else’s confidence – because flying is about personal confidence. So I feel you have inherited both a measure of confidence but also a good lump of anxiety about your own worth.

That’s OK because becoming independent takes time and is a part of ‘growing up’ and many never make it. But independence is a strange state, because we are never actually wholly independent, because we are part of a whole system called society, which provides the background for us to be independent in. If we can see that it makes it easier.

In the recent dream you crashed an Air Europe plane  showing in dream terms that the ‘society’ that is the background to your ability to fly is from your upbringing in a European community.

Dreams tend to have a much larger view of who we are than we are raised to believe, so to really mature we need to accept and then grow beyond what we had been handed – part of what was given you was a narcissistic mother and a suicidal father. Such difficulties are put in your way to help you to develop the strength to be yourself. Read that again - the strength to be yourself!

What you crashed into was an airport building – maybe representing officialdom – so maybe part of what you face is apprehension about the power of the guys in charge – WOW that is a big one we must face up to if we/you are going to stand on your own feet and say to the world, “Well you old farts, I am going to f******* well do it, so watch out.”

Because you are a goddess of an old and wonderful life, but you keep forgetting who you are. So wake up to it, because it is true. Please read https://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/seed/

A bit of my own story may help, see https://dreamhawk.com/tony-crisp/biographical-information/ - I was thrown out of school at 15 not knowing my ABC, couldn’t write a readable page of text. I gradually learn step by step, how to deal with the huge rocks in my way. But in my forties I decided to work for myself and had this dream:

“I was in the town where I grew up, and a man came up to me and placed a small piece of electronic equipment on top of my head. I understood it tested or showed the quality or state of one's being by giving out sounds. With me it gave a base rhythm, like a signal of brain activity or bioelectrical pulses. But above the base sound was a lovely higher theme that was very unusual. The man said this was the best response so far in the area. I knew that this gave me the opportunity to go to have some training, or at least, opened doors of opportunity for me.

Then I was standing looking along a road edged each side with jungle, stretching straight off into the distance. I knew that lions sometimes waited hidden to capture travelers walking the road. I stood trying to decide whether I would take the road.”

I worked on the dream using https://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson and I saw the equipment meant it was a form of self-assessment saying I have an unusual ability - to collect information and see the overview of it; to look at dreams and social events and see what information it gives about collective society or humanity. As my wife said, that was my very first enthusiasm at our first interview with a person offering me a job with a national news paper.

That ability opens opportunity to me - the offer of doing an article about our findings from the dreams so far. There is no need though to get into a competitive spirit about this. That is, somebody else might be better. Everybody’s awareness is useful in the world at present. Also, because I have no degrees, official training, or backing, I have to decide whether I have courage enough to say what I see - i.e. take that road alone, despite the possibility of attack or censure from others.

So I sat and imagined walking that road, and sure enough lion after lion attacked me, but with each lion I realised they were all fears of failure, and fear is simply a feeling, not a prediction or a fact, so I walked on to a city ahead.

To quote parts of Kipling’s poem IF with slight changes –

If you can keep your head when all about you 
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you; 
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you, 
But make allowance for their doubting too
If you can dream-and not make dreams your master; 
If you can think-and not make thought your aim; 
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster 
And treat those two impostors just the same
If you can fill the unforgiving minute 
With sixty seconds worth of distance run, 
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it, 
And-which is more-you’ll be a Goddess, my daughter! 

It might be worth looking at https://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/opening-to-life/ - - https://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/integration-meeting-oneself/#Life

Tony