Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Being trapped in a lift  (Read 4600 times)

cha2184

• View Profile
Being trapped in a lift
« on: September 16, 2011, 05:12:09 AM »
Hi!

I recently had a dream that I was somewhat stuck in a lift. The dream started with the lift full of other people I don't really recognize and I know that I was supposed  to get off on the 7th floor. But when the lift stopped on the 7th, somehow I didn't get off. And I only realized that I passed the 7th floor when the lift reached the topmost floor, 18th floor and I was the only person left on the lift. So I decided to operate the buttons but eventhough I keep pressing floor number 7 somehow the lift just goes up and down but never really stopping on the 7th floor. Finally I decided to just get off on the 10th floor but getting out of the lift was not that easy. I had to use the emergency stop button and had to crawl my way out of the partially opened elevator doors. When I got off on the 10th floor, I ran across an officemate and just took the stairs to get to the 7th floor. And the dream ended there.

Two days later, I dreamt that I was riding a passenger jeepney directly behind the driver. And as I was passing one of the passenger's fare, the driver looked my way. And although I can't really recognize his features, somehow I know that I know him. The scene changed after that and I was riding a car with my family and me being the driver. The scene suddenly changed again and I was outside the car running trying to keep up with the car.

I don't really remember dreams as vividly as I had these dreams and I feel like these dreams are trying to tell me something. I have recently been having frustrations both with my work and my relationships and I'm hoping you could all help me understand if these frustrations have something to do with said dreams.

Thank you! :)

Christine

• View Profile
Re: Being trapped in a lift
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 01:54:02 AM »
I believe an elevator or lift can represent a change or shift in attitude or perspective.  You may be struggling with changing yours to align with others and having some conflict about whether that is being true to yourself.

Driving the car and then ending up chasing it...might mean that you initiate in conversation or behavior, reactions in others that you have no control over and then end up having to try and manage.

Hope this is helpful.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Being trapped in a lift
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 10:52:25 AM »
Thanks Christine. I only want to say a bit more about the lift.

Some years ago while I was running group and a woman in the group suddenly decided she was the lover of a stranger who lived in the same building. She went into his room and said she owned everything there because they were in love. He didn’t feel the same.

The woman had apparently had such experiences before and had stopped taking her medication. She dreamt that she was going up in a lift and shot right out of the top of the building.

That was obviously a description of her condition. She could not control the rapid rising and come down to earth. I see your dream doesn’t have the same degree, but I wonder if you too felt as if you were slightly mixed up at times.

Sometimes the rising lift has connections with ones sexual energy. Our energy expresses as a lot more than sex, and can play havoc with our feelings. And the business with the buttons suggests that you have difficulty directing your emotional energy. Not badly, but you did have a struggle getting the lift to do what you wanted. Even so I would suggest you try to get to the ground floor and work up slowly to the seventh.

Try the slow breathing technique as it can be a help. http://dreamhawk.com/body-and-mind/the-slow-breath/

Tony