Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: White hen  (Read 6461 times)

Midlander

• View Profile
White hen
« on: September 22, 2011, 05:45:58 PM »
I had just shut my hens into their pen for the evening and was standing in my living room looking out at the garden when I saw a white hen standing beside the pen on her own and looking anxious to be in the pen with the others. I went into the garden and opened the pen and she went in. As I walked back to the house, a thought briefly crossed my mind as to whether she'd be ok with the others - one new hen introduced on her own - but I knew it would be ok to leave them to sort themselves out and she would settle in ok.

(In this thought, I know I was reflecting my knowledge of hens as it's always best to introduce them to each other in larger numbers - but this was my reflection, rather than her reality; she wanted to be in the pen with the others).

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: White hen
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 10:17:05 AM »
Midlander – I feel this dream is a wonderful reflection of your observations of your chickens used as a way of seeing something about yourself. You know that people are like chickens in some ways – they have a pecking order, and if you are a contender you have to fight back or stand back. Or like chimpanzees, one of them can decide to become a monk and live and isolated life.

So I wonder whether in the back of your mind you were in fact reflecting on these things – and that was why you saw the white hen. White usually depicts the highest impulse in you, and it wanted to be part of the crowd knowing what it would face.

Memories – those were the days when I could walk up the garden and feed the chickens and watch them. My mother had a cockerel with them and one day it went for her. She picked up a stout Brussels sprout stalk, pecked clean, and gave the cockerel such whack he lay there stunned for a moment. No more attacks!! I am back in Wales now, and my garden is barely big enough for me, so no chickens.

Tony

Midlander

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 08:28:30 PM »
Thanks Tony! Yes, it feel as though it was about integration in some way, you're spot on. It probably signals an unsettling sense while the 'hens' all sort themselves out and re-establish the pecking order........!  :) ::)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 01:01:12 PM »
Hey I miss you. I felt you were an old friend, and hope things are okay with you.

Anyway - all the best.

Tony

Christine

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 03:06:48 PM »
I miss you too Midlander!  I always look for and read your posts...even though I may not reply, they make me smile inside.