Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Smiling Moby Dick  (Read 5867 times)

Christine

• View Profile
Smiling Moby Dick
« on: September 23, 2011, 11:08:33 AM »
A large white or silver fish...mouth open...lying dead it seems....aound its neck a thin collar of orange....attached are silver and/or orange fish scales...although I do not see the end or tail of the fish.

The second image is of the blue/green ocean...a long white/grey white whale in the distance...it is sitting on top of the waves...it has a high forehead, like Moby Dick...it also seems to be smiling..the corners of its mouth turned upward.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Smiling Moby Dick
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 11:50:59 AM »
Christine – The dead fish is there to remind you of an aspect of yourself.  It has to do with sex, with love, with your relationship with the eternal part of you. It is showing you that a part of you died and needs to be acknowledged and brought back to life. What we call the spiritual and God is often seen a s something distant and far off. But the fish is there in front of you. It is in fact that we are constantly living our life and yet forgetting that we are God, and our life is what we make of that holiness that we are in our core – a core that only manages to speak to most of us in our dreams.

The act of love is the act of Creation, birth and death, the void, everything. I see that if we approached each other in reverence, care, gentleness, then we approached Life itself. There is no imagination needed to understand that. Our own being is Life incarnate. It is only our lack of awareness that causes us to approach without care, prayerfulness or reverence.

Then the second image is to remind you that although you have killed a part of yourself, yet there is that huge whale smiling and saying, “Here I am, remember ME.” It lives on though we kill it a thousand times.

Tony

Christine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 07:54:58 PM »
Thank you Tony...tremendously helpful.

I hope you don't mind my noting a dream I had the other night...it seems somewhat related.

I walked up to a little boy and it was my son, who  is now 13.  He did not look at me or speak...in real life he has autism.  He seemed to smile and I hugged him although he did not hug back.  He gave me his suitcase and it had his name tag on it.

I realized today that I also share some of his "autistic" characteristics...another dream I had about him (yesterday)was I was in my parents house...managing my fears in relationships between other people...making sure every one else got what they needed...they were all dark in the dream...so was I...I went in the living room and my son was sitting up in a cat bed on the floor...he said "I have something to tell you"...he cried and put his face in his hands.

Especially when it comes to feelings of grief and disappointment...I have trouble looking people in the eye and saying how I feel...at 7 years old I saw my father try to push my mother off a second story porch...neither of them said anything to me afterwards.  One dream I had I relived what happened but I was my mother.  As a child, I expressed hurt, disappointment or grief I was laughed at and humiliated...especially by my father.  I could never admit I did anything wrong and lied or blamed others.

Many years ago.. my "second father" died...I felt such grief I was afraid I would never stop crying.  I was taking an art therapy class therapy class at the time...we painted on wet paper and interpreted the shapes afterwards.  I painted a black torso, head and face in hands and black tears .  Underneath the tears was a small man, standing reaching up to catch the tears.

Maybe meeting my son in my dreams was about meeting my own grief.  I have had such grief in not being able to connect with my son...the eye contact speech fleeting...meeting the part of me that is like him.

I hope you don't mind my sharing the above...I do not know anyone else who would see the value in the above...except others who use this site.

There is one dream...more of an image...I do want to ask you about...a tall dark figure hands crossed over heart like a dead body...looks male...lying under dead brown leaves..next to a grey concrete building..I can only see the basement or ground level.

Many blessings to you!

Midlander

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 02:09:12 PM »
*hugs* Christine. What a survivor you are! I don't have words that are adequate for your pain but can stand in solidarity with you.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 02:09:33 PM »
Christine – I get so overwhelmed by emotions when I enter someone’s dream – as I have today with yours.

I had an amazing dream last night that was revelation and is too long to describe, but I mention it because it showed me point by point the mistakes I have made in the long past, and that the difficult things in our life are not there as punishments but in order that we learn something and gain strength. And I am sure you are learning and gaining strength.

I am not sure about the figure, but will write what I see. The greyness is that of loss of hope, and the man is the death of hope.

The leaves are a sign or dying too, but a sign also of a season, and seasons change. This is autumn in the dream, and if you take time to bury that body, in your imagination, near the tree the leaves fell from, then it will be taken up into new growth.

For we are all flowers growing from ancient roots, and often as people we forget what we are and where we grew from.

Also please get hold of a copy of the book The Brain that Changes Itself by Norman Doidge. It tells about the almost miraculous things being down with the brain. Please read it. There are several mentions of autism that might be very helpful.

Tony