Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Flying on Pegasus  (Read 3689 times)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Flying on Pegasus
« on: October 03, 2018, 12:18:38 PM »
"I have been dreaming about similar dreams as this one but do not remember any except from one single dream and it hit me strongly. I dreamt about a white flying house, a Pegasus. At that time, I felt pure joy and love. I felt free, warm and lighted. But compared to this dream, in the dream about my birds I instead felt afraid and slightly irritated like I didn’t want to lose something that I hold so dearly. I didn’t feel this free and happy. I myself got a direct feeling that this dream could mean that I need to let go of the negative thoughts from the mind and free my inner bird because no bird is meant to be caged even if it is a pet. That is why I have been letting them out once a day to fly around in the room and to be free before putting them back. So, a question I would like to ask is: What could this dream actually mean with me feeling worried, being afraid and trying to caught the birds back instead of being happy and filled with joy? Is there something I may have been missed when analysing my dream?"

I am sixteen, live in Sweden and am Female. Ariadna

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Flying on Pegasus
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 12:21:30 PM »
Ariadna – First realise that you are sixteen, a time of enormous change and growth, meaning you are facing very new and challenging things. You are changing from a child and moving toward becoming a woman – an enormous change. See https://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/becoming-a-woman/

You seem to be lost in the conflict about the idea or feeling of total freedom and partial freedom, shown as the flight of Pegasus and your caged birds. But you are only seeing the very surface of you situation, for we are all so much more than the cover of a book, we/you need to look deeper into the inner contents of the book/you.
If I describe what a Pegasus represents in dreams and the difference between that and caged bird, it might help. To start with a Pegasus does not occur in the natural world, but is a very real creature existing in our inner world. See https://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/inner-world/#MakesInner

In our inner life Pegasus is the sexual or instinctive drives that have not been repressed, but allowed, in conjunction with consciousness and reason, to develop the higher possibilities latent in them. The horse part of Pegasus is a wild instinctive creature that has been partly tamed; so it represent your own instinctive nature that you have experienced and let fly through giving it freedom.  A horse in our dreams is an instinctive power within us, for instance it is a dynamic power and a means of locomotion; it carries one away like a surge or instinct. It is subject to panic like all instinctive creatures which lack higher consciousness. But humans also are prone to panic attacks and are often subject to massive fears and anxieties – just like all other mammals. But you Ariadna, have done something wonderful, for you have lifted up your instinctive urge to eat, to feel anxiety, to want sex, toward a great freedom.

This has produced a small conflict in you, because your real urge to care for your caged birds has led to your urge for complete freedom.

But as mammals living within our body, we are never totally free. For we ourselves, within our body with a human personality are ourselves cages animals. We have to eat, sleep, breathe, and have an urge toward sex and a partner. We are prone to injury and hurts, are, if you think about it, have been carried, pushed, impelled by a rivers current as you were moved through babyhood, childhood, teenage and adulthood, and there are more stages of growth beyond adulthood. And as we passed through these changes we had to face change as our old did in order to change to the new. It is the current of Life. 

I tend to see the meaning as the path we take toward our Larger Self is like a razor’s edge. Walking it we balance between the opposites facing us. To quote Anna who says, "So perhaps "the right approach" is found on the razor's edge somewhere between "a certain amount of protocol" and "not caring about expected behaviour"?

Another possibility is – freedom within limitation. So perhaps you are mixing up the freedom you gain in your inner world with the outer world. You can cage your birds because if you let them out of your house they would probably be predated easily. But that doesn't mean you must cage your wonderful Pegasus.

Tony