Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: It is not the twig but Evelyn’s body that was the water divining influence  (Read 3009 times)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
This morning I woke from what seemed a real conversation between myself and a woman interested in what I had been speaking about.

It felt like the tail end of a longer experience involving other people. But the woman was interesting in learning something of what I had given me life work to, but I felt LifeStream was not easy to grasp alone, so I decided to teach her the basics of intuition. I realised that meant explaining how to get a physical reaction spontaneously about how our body expresses no and yes. I explained that this is what water diviner’s do, the hold a forked hazel twig and the twig apparently jerks in their hands when they are over a place offering a water well.

People often think it is the magic of the twig that senses the water, but if one tied the forked stick on the front of a wheelbarrow and wheeled it around the stick would not move. This is seen as obvious in the life of Evelyn Penrose who was a great water diviner. In Canada Evelyn was asked to work for the government. No rain had fallen for years in British Columbia. The many apple growing orchards in the state were dying. The agricultural department therefore employed Evelyn as their official Water-Diviner. Her first task was to look for water on a wonderful orchard in a place called Okanagan Valley. She says about this, “It was a great shock to see his orchard, covering the side of a large hill, wilting and dying, and to the owner say quite simply that he was facing disaster. We stopped and looked up the hill and he was telling me something when, suddenly, I was nearly thrown off my feet. I grabbed his arm to steady myself. ‘Water’ I gasped. ‘Water! Lots and lots of water’. I can never stand over underground water without me being swung about and the greater the amount of water the greater the reaction. The well was found to easily produce 108,000 gallons a day.”

Obviously it is not the twig but Evelyn’s body that was the divining influence. Later in her life Evelyn found she could dowse a site without going there. Instead of travelling to a location she could get the same results working on a map.

So what I was hoping to teach Rosanne was the basics of the intuitive ability. But that felt difficult for her, but somehow the conversation got on the subject of hearing inner voices. Apparently Rosanne had experienced these from childhood but in my excitement on hearing that, she told me that she had been assured the voices meant that she was weak minded and suffered a mental illness. I told her that a recent national survey found that a great many people heard such voices and most of them said the they never found them disturbing but helpful. I also explained to her that I had experienced such voices many times in my life and they were often extremely helpful in my life, but those that were troubling I found arose from the same source as nightmares – childhood traumas that were not face and dealt with.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 09:25:23 AM by Tony Crisp »