Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tintin on a breakfast plate  (Read 8514 times)

- anna -

• View Profile
Tintin on a breakfast plate
« on: October 18, 2018, 12:22:07 PM »
Hi Tony  :)

If you have time and feel like it, I would very much like to hear how you see this dream.
What I wonder about most at this moment is why my inner father did not consider the possibility to use the breakfast plate in another way than as a rabbit „manger“.

DREAM:

I am in a room with both my father and mother. (as far as I can see this has never happened so far in my dreams that they show up together in one dream)

My mother lies on the floor (on a bed or mattress?; I only see her head) with her head on a pillow and right in front of her pillow is a white rabbit in a tray; there is no frame kit on top of the tray.
My mother is looking at the rabbit.

The rabbit is very lively and enjoying eating the green food that is in the tray; some food is in a manger (pellets), some food (grass or herbs) is on the bottom of the tray.

When the rabbit is done with eating, I look at the manger and see that there is only chaff left – I understand that the rabbit did not eat that part of the corn/wheat - and so I decide to throw it away and refill the manger.

I also see that I could clean the tray (there is a lump of sawdust caused by rabbit pee in the middle of the tray) and I tell my mother about my plan. She answers that it does not smell though. I understand that as far as she is concerned, I do not have to clean it.

I do not recall throwing away the chaff in the dream, however I do remember seeing a plate in the litterbin.
I take the plate out of the litterbin.

It is a right-angled ceramic plate; at the right side there is an integrated egg cup and in the middle of the plate is a colourful painting of Tintin.

My father tells me that he threw the plate away, because he thinks the painting might come off when the rabbit eats from that plate.
I then respond that I really like it and that I can use it as a breakfast plate and so that I will keep it.
I understand that when I use it as a breakfast plate, the paint will not come off.
End of dream.

I do like the idea of „having breakfast with Tintin“  ;)
“Tintin has a sharp intellect, can defend himself, and is honest, decent, compassionate, and kind. Through his investigative reporting, quick-thinking, and all-around good nature, Tintin is always able to solve the mystery and complete the adventure.”

Anna

PS I prefer to see Tintin as solving my own inner mysteries and my own inner adventures, rather than those of others.  :)

« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 12:08:17 PM by - anna - »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Tintin on a breakfast plate
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 01:18:04 PM »
Anna – This dream has many unusual features that are hard to pin point the meaning.

The mother and father being in your dream suggests you have, or are coming to, terms with any negative effects from their influence in your early years. But you mother is more enhanced in your dream in the beginning than your father. So the rabbit in your dream comments in some way about this influence; a large part of which is concerned with eating.

Rabbits in dream can represent many things, depending on your past relationship with them. But the white rabbit suggests it is a highly domesticated creature, but even so has the wild in it somewhere. So it may depict a part of you that is vulnerable in some way, or at least ones vulnerable child self. I wonder what your associations with it are.

That it didn’t eat the chaff or roughage is interesting. Did you know that rabbits usually eat everything to get enough nutrition? To do this they poop out what is only partly digested in black moist pellets that they immediately eat again to finish digesting them.

So, why is the rabbit in you avoiding the roughage?

Now your father comes in for comment, for he threw away – caused you not to be as sharp as you can be – the image of Tintin; your sharp intellect, that can defend yourself, and is honest, decent, compassionate, and kind. Through your investigative reporting, quick-thinking, and all-around good nature, you are always able to solve the mystery that confronts you and complete the adventure of life.

But you found this discarded part of you and can reanimate it. It seems to me you always had that part of you, but the dream promises a growth; so where will it lead you?

Tintin on a breakfast plate - it is still about eating. Fascinating. See Anna – This dream has many unusual features that are hard to pin point the meaning.

The mother and father being in your dream suggests you have, or are coming to, terms with any negative effects from their influence in your early years. But you mother is more enhanced in your dream in the beginning than your father. So the rabbit in your dream comments in some way about this influence; a large part of which is concerned with eating.

Rabbits in dream can represent many things, depending on your past relationship with them. But the white rabbit suggests it is a highly domesticated creature, but even so has the wild in it somewhere. So it may depict a part of you that is vulnerable in some way, or at least ones vulnerable child self. I wonder what your associations with it are.

That it didn’t eat the chaff or roughage is interesting. Did you know that rabbits usually eat everything to get enough nutrition? To do this they poop out what is only partly digested in black moist pellets that they immediately eat again to finish digesting them.

So, why is the rabbit in you avoiding the roughage?

Now your father comes in for comment, for he threw away – caused you not to be as sharp as you can be – the image of Tintin; your sharp intellect, that can defend yourself, and is honest, decent, compassionate, and kind. Through your investigative reporting, quick-thinking, and all-around good nature, you are always able to solve the mystery that confronts you and complete the adventure of life.

But you found this discarded part of you and can reanimate it. It seems to me you always had that part of you, but the dream promises a growth; so where will it lead you?  Fascinating. See https://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/eat-eating/

Tony  :) 8)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 11:36:52 AM by Tony Crisp »

- anna -

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 06:45:07 PM »
Hi Tony  :) 8)

Thank you for sharing how you see this dream: somehow it has helped me to question things again and to see more clear where I am in my process.

I see and feel that my father and mother being in my dream shows that I have, or am coming to terms with any positive aspects from their influence in my early years.

To me the rabbit is a wonderful combination of vulnerability, being very lively - so it must get enough nutrition  ;) - and natural intelligence and it is very good at separating the wheat from the chaff.

This separating has merely to do with this:
https://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/digest/
In a relationship, whether a feeling relationship or one in which you are learning something, you often absorb things from the person or event. You might take in such things unconsciously, as you did many things from parents and from the culture you were raised in. So the process of absorption in a dream may refer to such influences you are taking in.

In the past whenever I had talked to somebody, it would feel as if "other parts" had entered me and it would take me hours to break the experience into smaller parts (by looking at it, questioning it etc.) so that I would be able to digest it.
That used to be a very time consuming process.

Now I feel I do that while a person is talking to me. I do miss out on stuff people tell me, because of being occupied on a different level, but so be it.
I feel that a lot of the stuff people share is masking what is really going on anyway, so there is absolutely no point in allowing that "chaff" to enter me.

It seems to me you always had that part of you, but the dream promises a growth; so where will it lead you?

Thank you.  :)
Perhaps me taking it out of the bin is merely about learning to value this part of me?

Anna  :D
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 05:28:15 PM by - anna - »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2018, 09:51:01 AM »
Anna - A great choice - "This separating has merely to do with this:
https://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/digest/"

Also - Perhaps me taking it out of the bin is merely about learning to value this part of me? - Yes.

The dream is all on a positive note - but it was difficult to get my head 'around' it, maybe because my head is getting old; but there is still hope.  :o

T

- anna -

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2018, 12:13:29 PM »
Oh Dear  :) 8)

Now I wish I did share "the other dream" I had a few weeks ago, because it would have made it all much clearer to you.
I decided not to share this dream because I did not want to write too much (I know you are sort of retired now  ;)) and also because I would have to translate the dream into English as I wrote it down in Dutch.

I am sorry for not sharing more at first Tony  :-\

Anyways................I still feel that it does not matter whether you and/or my "inner Tony" (same difference  ;)) take me to "the center of the dream" in a direct way or in an indirect way.

So the dream I did not share is one I asked for when I was sooooooooooooooo fed up with feeling cut off from my usual energy and the outer world while going through a lot of inner work.

Dream:
The Snowstorm of all Snowstorms.

I am in my childhood home in the corridor on the first floor and I walk to the top of the stairs.
I am approximately 12 years old.

The energy of my childhood home is very different though, because the whole village is located in Canada and covered with snow.
This being covered in snow feels very soft and protected.

At the bottom of the stairs in the corridor on the ground floor I see my mother and she says: “It is THE snowstorm of all snowstorms.”
She also tells me that she is doing the laundry with the help of an emergency power unit – she went through several wash loads already – and I see another 3 sorted “blue wash loads” in the bathroom in front of the bath tub. I recognize my blue jeans and a blue pullover.

She then shares that all people have left when the snowstorm was coming and that “Aunt Elli” would have wanted to leave as well, but she did not manage because of her poor health.
I respond that I am very happy that I am “here” and when I say so I feel a happiness inside that is filled with life.

Next time I will be more accurate.  :-*

Anna  :)

« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 04:23:44 PM by - anna - »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 09:49:39 AM »
Anna – The Canada, you as a twelve year old, the mass of washing, and the snow storm, is all full of information, which might be summed up as a new start, or even a new phase of your life. I will try to explain where I get this from.

Canada suggests a new surrounding, so an internal change in the way you see or relate to things. The snow presupposes winter time, a time when a new year/life is being formed. I am not sure why, but I feel the snow is a blanket of purity underneath which new things are starting their growth – a storm because it may have been quite an experience of your own enormous energy enlarging you.

The twelve year old year, recently I have begun to see this as the possibility that the twelve year old you didn’t get the right environment to fully grow and flower, and so it might be that now it is ready to complete your growth in that area.

A very happy situation and dream.

Thanks for sharing it.

Tony

- anna -

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2018, 04:22:35 AM »
Tony  :)

Thanks for sharing the way you see my dream.

I feel that  the village being covered in snow symbolises "going within" in order to clear out things in my own time and my own way.

THE snowstorm of all snowstorms merely reflects an "unexpected meeting in Vienna" which reminded me of a time in my life where I was not able to cope/cooperate with "Life" anymore.
This time I managed, merely because I was able to withdraw myself.

I see "not getting the right environment to fully grow and flower" culture based and not age-related, which perception is symbolised by this dream, in which I am merely in the role of observer:

I am standing in a meadow and I see a few ponies. A foal lies on the ground and I understand it must be dead.
The mare is protecting it and she is "crying" because of the loss of her foal.

Then there are many other people in the meadow as well and one person sends me away to get another person who - as I understand - will be able to help.

I enter the basement of my parental home and I open the door to a room where I see tables set in a square formation. The people sitting at the tables wear headphones and I understand this must be "a culture club".

A man gets up from his seat and approaches me and I understand that my presence is not wanted there.
I am not impressed by his attitude and I tell him that I am only send to pick up Claudia in order to bring her to the meadow.

To be continued  ;)

Anna  :D

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2018, 10:41:59 AM »
Anna - Looking forward to 'the continuation' to see where it takes you.

- anna -

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2019, 06:39:10 PM »

Hi Tony

It`s been a while and I feel like sharing another dream; I do not have a clue yet where it will take me  ;)

I am swimming in the sea, sort of back and forth, and it is only at the end of the dream, that I begin to become aware what it is I am doing there.
I am carrying a small, red boat in my right hand and then I look at it and I see that it is a radio controlled (or remote control) model sailing boat with no sails on it that I am delivering somewhere. (I am aware that I have delivered these kind of boats many times before, but with less awareness)
Then I look at my legs and I see that I wear flippers, so that I can swim with more power.
I think I might as well use the remote control to deliver these boats.

I am very curious to hear how you see this dream.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2019, 10:44:56 AM »
Dear Anna – I don’t know whether I am flying off into a flight of fantasy, but here are my immediate feelings about your dream.

It seems that you are only just becoming aware of your life work that you have been doing for some time. For you have while asleep been giving the ability to others to have the means to  find their way in their inner world – for many that is a great help and you are a wonderful (Wonder)woman.

Becoming aware of what is happening within you will give you far more power – the flippers – for awareness adds another level of energy to what you do, the remote control is the guidance from your Creator – our real power that you are reaching out for more fully.

Tony  8)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 10:46:33 AM by Tony Crisp »

- anna -

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2019, 02:27:41 PM »

Dear Tony  8)

For the first time since exploring my own dreams, I did not have a clue what this dream is about and so, for now, I might as well go with your fantasy/story, because it makes sense when I reflect on my experiences and beliefs.

More than once I have found myself deeply immersed in my inner world - or unconscious mind - and I had to learn to find my way inside and out again.
So it makes sense that some part of me (my conscious self does not feel responsible for that decision) has made the decision to use my experiences to help others find their way in their inner world.

As I do believe that all minds are connected and that the only way to help people is to meet them "where they are", it makes sense to meet them wherever they are in their unconscious mind as I happen to spend some time there too while I am sleeping  ;) (my lazy self very much likes the idea of doing something useful while actually doing nothing)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2019, 11:18:13 AM »
:)  :)   ;)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 10:18:22 AM by Tony Crisp »