Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Massacre  (Read 4609 times)

Omega

• View Profile
Massacre
« on: December 01, 2018, 03:08:32 PM »
I can't remember all the dream. I only remember this bit. I am in a huge auditorium not too far from the entrance, mostly empty but several people milling around, maybe concert goers in their 20s/30s. Suddenly I notice a tall young man beside me on my right, literally inches away, in a long coat, longish hair and he starts shooting people. At first I'm frozen in shock/awe at what is unfolding right in front of me. He shoots a guy several times in the head, it's so vivid and shocking, the guy is lying on the ground right in front of me. The man keeps shooting, on it goes 4,5,6 people down, it's so fast. I can sense his enjoyment, how happy he feels doing this. Finally I pull myself together and make a run for the exit, I'm sure it will be locked, my hands are shaking, but it opens easily. As I exit a couple enter, they seem super relaxed and romantic, the girl is pretty, Asian, long shiney hair.  I hear the killer shout out a welcome to them, something like 'you're here at last'. I don't know if they are about to be murdered or if they are accomplices. I guess the former. I wake up with with the feelings of horror and fear.

I fall back asleep, I'm in a city, the streets are empty nearly everyone has been killed. I brush past rails of hundreds of coats belonging to the deceased. There's very little food. By the coats, maybe as a shop assistant, an Asian woman stands, older, a dark closed off expression. Beside her a dog or cat is roasting on a spit over a fire.. it's all there is to eat. I wake again.

So if he's my animus, we'll..he's pretty angry..
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 11:33:02 AM by Omega »

Omega

• View Profile
Re: Massacre
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 10:21:30 AM »
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 11:14:42 AM by Omega »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 12:06:25 PM »
Omega – Animus is simply a fancy name Jung gave to a part of you and us. As a part of your own nature you cannot really say, “...he's pretty angry.” You might say an aspect of you is pretty angry. So, what are you angry and murderous about?
In this dimension of dreams we are in a wider awareness, in this wider awareness you leave the limited view of the three dimensional world most of us are trapped in, and enter a world beyond time and space. So forget the clumsy explanations of telepathy and precognition, for they are explanations from the body’s limited senses. Beyond time we are aware of all time, past, present and future – all at once. So we do not look into the future, but are it. Our body life is to learn important lessons by being locked in time, space and our body, with its gender and limitations.
Strangely enough, quite a while before my friend knew he had cancer, he told me a dream just before he knew and later died.  In his dream an angel appeared to him and said to him, “Shaun, before you were born you lived a life without limitations.  Then you were born into this life with its difficulties and restrictions, because there were important lessons to learn.  But when you die you will return to that world where there are no limitations and no restrictions.”

I wonder whether there are things you will not admit to yourself and it is the way of dreams to attempt to show us. But it is not always easy to recognise where the events and situations of our life emerge from.  Sometimes we are the last to recognise or understand why we were born with a limp, continually struggle with income, or fail to manage dealing with yourself.

Of course I am simply guessing, but you have the ability to see into yourself, but it needs you to not keep projecting it out wards. In the recent dream Cockerel Chasing the Chickens, the man who calls himself Chick-Chick-Cockerel managed to do this and says about his dream, “Understanding this dream was too awful to see what was really going on about, too terrifying to be attacked by my own homosexual urges. Look at the dream. My father - masculinity - says the chickens won’t lay eggs while that chicken chases them. I deny it and say it is a cockerel. Of course, I am a cockerel, but I am inwardly a chicken. I am chicken because I won’t see my own homosexuality because I am psychologically castrated. I am chicken because I have made myself a passive female. My mother says it is not the size, it the - inner - attitude. Of course, my inner attitude, as a chicken, is changing. I have been the size of a cockerel, but with the soul of a chicken - female.

I did active imagination. The cockerel didn’t have the comb of a cock, but of a chicken. Then a cock appeared, the two merged - the neck became bigger and comb was as a cockerel. But it kept losing its cock-ness.

Yesterday, looking in the mirror I wondered why my neck was so scrawny in relationship to the rest of me. I have often thought that. But I felt it would develop as my manhood was now being released. That is it - I am just a scrawny chicken. God - it’s taking a long time to become a man, but it's on the way."

Tony

Omega

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 09:22:22 AM »
Hi Tony, thanks so much for your reply and sharing of thoughts.

I do just see the animus or whatever that energy could be called, as a part of me. Yes that's the problem, there are aspects of me outside of my conscious awareness, but I guess this massacre is helping open up those energies.

You speak about limitations in time and body, things to learn.. that's the journey I guess. Knowing that on an ultimate level we are very powerful, does not take away the lessons of the limitations we are working through though.

I think I'm discovering that healing is to get as deeply involved with the emotions of dreams and life as possible, to take each emotion seriously and honour it.

Last night I had a dream I was planting flowers with special colour combinations to create harmonious vibrations, in rich dark soil at an artists retreat. I went back moments later and they had all been uprooted and stolen. I was devastated, I tried to tell a few people what happened, even the director, no one cared about my upset or the theft of the flowers or the bad behaviour of the person who did it or the beauty that had been lost. This for me is like you outlined above, being the last to recognise the causes of a constant struggle. Theft on many levels has been an ongoing theme.

Does knowing we are powerful on an ultimate level help? Not unless we are actually powerful in terms of the energies that hurt us.
I am stealing from myself if all is one, but this is duality and all is not one.
While on an ultimate level, perhaps nothing can be taken from me, but loss and suffering does occur in experience.
If you focus your intelligence and courage on a recurring problem, the hope would be a resolution.
Face up to it in the all-is-one of dreams? That's the route I'm trying!

Best Wishes for the holidays and new year Tony!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 10:19:07 AM by Omega »

Omega

• View Profile
Re: Thief
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2018, 11:38:15 AM »
Thief
I am anger and bitterness, I am rage, I will not allow love take root, I am invisible, I want destruction
F***ing flowers! Nice nice niceness.. I want the truth of death. I want to burn like fire. I want the energy of storms and cosmic explosions where stars are born.

Hey I think I like this thief!
 In fact part of me agrees with uprooting those flowers, what a waste of time, all that focus doing good for others, creating 'beauty' but neglecting my angry angry thief..

I've been here before. But let's see.. maybe eventually the energy will integrate
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 12:04:47 PM by Omega »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 01:58:36 PM »
Omega – “Does not take away the lessons of the limitations we are working through.” Very true, it’s what it’s all about. What a game it is to actually see them though.

“In fact part of me agrees with uprooting those flowers, what a waste of time, all that focus doing good for others, creating 'beauty' but neglecting my angry angry thief.” Again yes – because life is a duality between the light and the dark, between growth and decay and all other things. The path we take toward our Self.

Realisation is like a razor’s edge. Walking it we need balance between the opposites facing us.

People often tend to think that if one thing is right then the oposite must be wrong. The opposite rpesent us with a huge dilemna for at every moment in such things as hearing a sound, it is only apparent because it is surrounded by silence – the silence between the sounds – but also all people and objects are only individually identifiable because they exist in empty space. But more important than that in understanding the void we exist in is that each day we cycle through the alternating experience of existing and not existing – of having focussed personal awareness and then meeting the loss of it in sleep. The midway point between these polarities is dreams.

In dropping into this experience of sleep where there is a void or loss of personal awareness, we lose any sense of self and body and so the transition from waking self awareness to the void is easy. But the dealing with these extraordinary opposites of the void and personal awareness is about meeting it with your waking self. For many people this can be a difficult or frightening thing. We tend to think of the void as a huge nothingness, a vacuum in which the human personality will disappear.

I tend to believe that the trials of waking awareness are there because haven’t yet learned to meet them. To quote from Edward Carpenter:

“Do not be dismayed because thou art yet a child of chance, and at the mercy greatly both of Nature and fate;

Because if thou wert not subject to chance, then wouldst thou be Master of thyself; but since thou art not yet Master of thine own passions and powers, in that degree must thou needs be at the mercy of some other power. And if thou choosest to call that power ”Chance,’ well and good.

And there is no passion or power, or pleasure or pain, or created thing whatsoever, which is not ultimately for man and for his use-or which he need be afraid of, or ashamed at.
The ascetics and the self-indulgent divide things into good and evil-as it were to throw away the evil;
But things cannot be divided into good and evil; but all are good so soon as they are brought into subjection.” Aye, there’s the rub.

For we cannot let go of something if in fact it has hold of us. If you have a tiger running around your house you would avoid it at all costs unless you had a way of immediately being in control of it. So it is with your own fears and pains. Unless you can stop their attack, you avoid them, run from them, and in fact let them unconsciously control your decisions and actions. Of course, you need help and a greater power than your own conscious resources to totally grow beyond such fears and pains. But often you cannot even open yourself to that greater influence while they have a strong hold on you. Without knowing it you resist the action of the divine in your life. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/integration-meeting-oneself/#Ox and https://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/opening-to-life/

Tony