Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: View of My Book Lucid Dreaming  (Read 4777 times)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
View of My Book Lucid Dreaming
« on: January 23, 2019, 01:40:43 PM »
LUCID DREAMING

Sleep is a strange country. In it we lose our sense of self. Or dreams take us into realms of extraordinary experience in which we are still largely unaware. But throughout history there have been individuals who have described a different meeting with sleep. They wake up in what is usually a dark, unconscious world. Or in the midst of a dream they realise the situation and relate to the dream in a new and dynamic way.

Exercise Two – Waking up to Now

This exercise involves taking in a more total experience of where you are and what you are experiencing, and doing this several times each day.

For instance you may be barely aware of your body for most of the day. Or you may be so focussed on what you are thinking, working on or worried about, that you are unaware of subtle feelings or what is going on around you. So take a few moments to notice what is happening in your body. Are you tense or relaxed? What is your posture expressing? Move from that to noticing what you are feeling. On a scale of ten is your mood low or high? Notice what is on your mind. Then, staying generally aware of your body and mind, take in your surroundings. Listen to the sounds and feel the atmosphere. Notice how you relate to the people around you and the world in general. This can be done in any situation, even in the midst of talking or being involved. Aim is to do this at least four times each day. As you do it ask yourself if you are awake or dreaming, or are you lost in the whirl of events and impressions?

This needs to be done until it is habitual. If it is a habit, then it will transfer into your dreams and lead you to ask the same question – am I awake or is this a dream? If you are dreaming and you become lucid, the question then becomes - am I lost in the whirl of events and impressions of this dream?

The next exercise starts an even more penetrating type of awareness that will begin developing your ability to gain insight into your life and dreams. This is fundamental to real lucidity. Remember that these exercises develop enormously advantageous life skills and lead to lucidity, so do not hurry through them.

Exercise Three – The Dream Home

Using the technique in the previous exercise, sit somewhere comfortable in your home. Take time to find somewhere that you most like, and where you are most comfortable. Sit and look around, but not in any critical way. If possible see it as if it were new to you, and notice what impressions you have. See if you can sense what the atmosphere of the place is. Do not read on until you have achieved something of this.

Now look around you as if you were in a vivid dream. Remember that a dream is a full surround virtual reality. All of its features are reflections of who you are and what you feel. This is proved conclusively by lucid dreamers being able to be any of the characters or objects in their dream, and even transform them. Similarly, you have transformed your surroundings in some degree. Even if you are in a hotel room you have probably put personal possessions around you, and changed it from how it was when you entered. So what is your home saying about you? What of you is it reflecting?

The following description a man gives of returning home when he was in a condition of lucid awareness gives a graphic example of this.

When I walked through the garden gate I noticed things about the garden I had never let myself see before; the untidiness and absence of care were no longer hidden by veils. The track I had worn across the small front lawn particularly caught my attention. It was there because I used it as a shortcut instead of walking around the path. But then I arrived at the door and knew suddenly that it was all me. The door was me, and every scratch on its paint was a part of my life, reflecting who I was. Opening the door I went into myself. The door and garden had already shocked me with my lack of attention to outer details. Now, inside the house, the same things showed themselves in the state of my house, depicting my inner health. But I also saw the beauty of my children, and how, despite my self absorption, I had helped make a warm home for them.

At this point do not fret if your response is not as pronounced as that quoted. It is enough to look around and let your feelings and thoughts respond spontaneously. This is not an exercise in concentrated thinking or analysis. It is an opening to spontaneous or intuitive responses. It is a way of penetrating your usual way of seeing things or responding to your surroundings. The shift is brought about by looking at the outside world as a reflection of yourself. Your home surroundings are particularly useful as they most reflect your qualities. But they must be looked at as if in a dream, with the question: What do my surroundings depict of myself? The question, if used frequently, becomes a catalyst promoting new perceptions.

So use the exercise frequently, and as you gain results from looking at your home, turn your attention also to your relationships, to work, or to any other aspect of your life such as your clothes.

Lucid Dreaming is now published in eBook and paperback format In USA (https://www.amazon.com/Lucid-Dreaming-Tony-Crisp/dp/1081478667/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=tony+crisp+-+lucid+dreaming&qid=1563868815&s=books&sr=1-1) and in UK (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lucid-Dreaming-Tony-Crisp-ebook/dp/B07VDT1P7T/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Tony+Crisp&qid=1563868929&s=books&sr=1-1)

« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 09:04:44 AM by Tony Crisp »