Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Autonomy  (Read 7152 times)

Omega

• View Profile
Autonomy
« on: March 04, 2019, 10:55:36 PM »
Hi Tony!

I'm not sure how to formulate the question but I'm just wondering about 'intent' in dreams?

My intent, versus the independent intent of others..maybe you could direct me to some links to your work? I couldn't think what terms to use to search this.

For several years the same guy has been popping up in my dreams, usually flirtatious and funny, sometimes present in the background as I confront something. Recently he appeared yet again and was most direct this time by asking me for my number and he wanted it now.. like he's getting impatient chasing me through my dreams. Could this all be me and my desire (one I don't consciously have) towards this public figure?

Example 2: I send a message to someone saying how much I loved their show, I don't get a reply, but in my dream I'm walking along a beach and they call my name and come and give me a huge huge hug. For the next few days I feel their presence around me. So I experiment and I look towards the presence and it's like we actually make eye contact and share a smile, I tried this at least twice more at different times and I have the same experience. The only other time I had this, was at a Buddhist monastery in the woods, I felt suddenly that I was being watched and I could 'see'/'sense' the presence of the head monk near me, it was definitely him and I never doubted the certainty of what I felt that day.

Example 3: A guy I have not been thinking about, but who approached me and I made an escape from, now appears quite regularly. Waving, saying hi. Recently I'm holding a baby belonged to him and maybe me.

If I am the creator of my dreams, does any of the content have any autonomy, or am I for some reason creating all these scenarios?

« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 11:07:11 PM by Omega »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Autonomy
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 11:01:34 AM »
Omega – A testing question so I have to search through ME to see if I can find anything.

The problem about answering such questions is that we usually feel we are separated from everything and everyone else. And of course we are as far as our body’s awareness in concerned. But we have several levels of complexity in which we exist. I may have quoted this before, so bear with me.

We were taught that the basic part of us is atoms. So as such we were just physical bodies, with a physical brain, and of course as a physical body we know it can be destroyed or die. But in 1900 an amazing new science was born. It said that our basic being is not atoms but sub- atomic-particles, and these questioned much of past statements.

So light was thought as the fastest one could achieve; but the sub-atomic-particles were seen to be everywhere at once. Also it was seen that a human observer could change the sub-atomic-particles, suggesting that we in some way create the world around us. Also the term quantum ghosts was defined, because quantum phenomena can pass through any solid object – just as we can do when experiencing a so called out of body experience.

The implications of the theorem are enormous. Something can be in two places at once. Apparently distant objects, or people, are intricately linked in an immediate way. There is no separate existence as we previously thought. Our view of the world is not one supported by the facts of physics. Time and space are transcended. David Bohm, an eminent physicist, goes as far as to say that all things in our observable universe are inextricable linked. Nothing has separate existence.

So dreams tend to portray subjects as all appearing outside you as individuals, but I believe that is because most of your life experience is in that mode, so you dream it as such. Basically dreams come from the formless centre of you, but for you to being to understand you need images and things you commonly understand.

As an example I was recently asked by a man who had given no thought to dreams how on earth you could extract any meaning from them. He was wearing a fairly old T-shirt, so I said, “OK, let’s imagine you dreamt of your T-shirt, what would you make of that?”
After a while he said, “I don’t know that I would make anything of it.”
My response was to say, “Right, but now tell me where you bought the T-shirt, and what memories it has for you.” Whereupon he told me very full memories of being abroad, and that the shirt was part of those memories, but he wasn’t prepared to say what the memories were as they were so personal. I think he had an affair while there – simply my imagination
The important point is that everything we see and deal with, every person, every imagined scene, has such a background of feelings and perhaps memories. It is exactly this background of feelings and information that the dream weaves its story from. To understand it you need to become aware of the usually unconscious feeling responses you have in connection with every thing, place, person and animal you fill your dreams with. That is why to really understand you have to ‘become’ the dream images in the way the guy above had to unravel the meaning of his T-shirt.
But the question of intention can be answered truly in many different ways. This mainly because we do not fully understand or have insight into our whole nature. For instance what are you? That can be seen as you as a person; you as an instinctive female mammal; you as simply consciousness; you as a programmed person by the culture and time in which you developed a personality; you as existing because of the language you grew up learning; you as a single cell, which is a seed from which all life forms evolved from, that doesn’t become old or die because it is immortal, for it keeps dividing and doesn’t die. In dividing it constantly creates copies of itself, but as it does  so it gathers new experience, it changes what is copied, so becomes the ‘seed’ for multi-cellular organism. We all started from the original one cell, and we, you and I,  are the result of gathered experience. No plant or creature grows from a dead seed, and each living seed carries within it all the past gathered from all its forebears. So, the seed in your mother’s womb is as old as and even older than human kind, and you carry that wisdom or memories in you. But in this life you developed a new brain, and the memories, education and programming you gathered this time are what you built your personality from, but beneath that is a very ancient self; and many other viws – so what are you?

The fourth dimension of experience - I believe, because we have evolved by facing difficulties, we are capable of developing beyond the three dimensions of the physical world. I call this next step the fourth dimension –  it is just a name, but it is the frontier of life after death. We enter this every time we drop into sleep.

We can experience much greater freedom in this dimension, although like any advance, it is still just another step. As I said, we exist in these different dimensions, although many people are so locked into their body senses they may miss many glimpses of the new possibilities.

But because this is a border of another country, of life after death experience, there is a bleed through from the third dimension of experience to the fourth – as there is in borders of countries where people ‘bleed through’ without even understanding the language of the new country. The ‘bleed through’ is experienced as things that are often seen as not possible by the science of the day, or explained as an illness – because they have not learned the language. They are visions, hearing voices, having intuitions of things that cannot be accounted for by our physical senses and are proved right; apparently travelling to distant places and witnessing events there yet the person has not physically been there; also, psychic phenomena often called spiritualism; also, the sense that one is possessed by or contacting or threatened by discarnate beings, strange dreams, and nightmares.

Tony

Omega

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 11:51:52 AM »
Thanks so much Tony. I'm starting to appreciate the reality of these other dimensions. I love the description of border and another country.

It's a question that's bothered me a lot.

I have certainly developed an ability to more quickly see events and experiences as emanating from my own energy.  But I do feel we are not purely in an experience entirely of our own making, isn't that the adventure? Our energy is a powerful influence, but not the only influence?  First the process of integration and then..

My feeling is that I'm experiencing communication from people who want to connect with me, my response to that is then dictated by my energies. I want to connect, which is allowing me to pick up on the energies, but I don't feel trust, which keeps them out of my lived experience.

Of course then there's the other angle mentioned here, what if we are not ANYTHING https://dreamhawk.com/forums/index.php?topic=4856.msg11929#msg11929. Yet we must function as a something in order to interact and build relationships?

Still life matters to us, we want to have a joyful time. How to get out of pain and achieve that I guess is all that matters!  So for me these visitations are all very positive and at least I can enjoy that.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 12:03:31 PM by Omega »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 11:09:08 AM »
Omega - "We are not purely in an experience entirely of our own making."

There is so much to say about this that words hardly cover it. Yes, we are not purely of our own making - obviously you were a cell or seed planted in your mother womb, and unbelievable process of Life formed your infant body. Your mother did not form or create you - call it what you like, but it wasn't you. I hear some women say this is my body, and my baby, I can do what I like with it. The same with suicide, whose body are you killing?

The Catholic Church recognises that and so tells followers not to go down that path.

These are not my words but reflect a truth -- "The plan for the soul included experience of all creation, but it did not necessarily mean identification with and participation in all forms and substance. Nor did it mean interference in creation by souls. It did not mean that they were to spin their own little worlds, twisting and bending laws to make images of their dreams. But these things could happen. The soul was the greatest thing that was made; it had free will. Once free will was given, God did nothing to curb it; however it acted, it had to act within Him; by whatever route, it had to return to Him." From Edgar Cayce readings.

In other words 'what we sow so shall we reap'. We are not alone in creating, but we do play a part - a great paradox.

Tony

Omega

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2019, 01:31:09 PM »
Very interesting!
..ideas of ownership over a child.
..over our own bodies..

So it IS all a paradox. Now I can leave it there to rest in its inconclusiveness, and not try find the 'answer'..

Thanks Tony..
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 02:55:48 PM by Omega »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2019, 09:31:23 AM »
Omega - I did try to learn  EVERYTHING - but eventually gave up. See the 8th picture down in http://dreamhawk.com/tony-crisp/biographical-information/ - I read the lot!!!

Inconclusiveness - a good one.

Tony