Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Waterless sea  (Read 4282 times)

Elena

• View Profile
Waterless sea
« on: March 07, 2019, 08:47:20 AM »
Had a dream last night. I am stand up paddle boarding in the sea. But there is no water. It’s dry. I reach the drop off and look down. It’s deep and dark. And I am scared come too close to the edge of the reef where it drops. Suddenly from under a corals that are exposed to the sun a sea snake comes out. It’s white. And only the head part is black. It looks at me and starts moving in my directions. I am scared. I start paddling away. But the snake follows. Then I wake up

Any help interpreting this dream please?

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Waterless sea
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 03:17:49 PM »
Elena – To start with, nothing can hurt you in dreams because whenever we dream its images are not like real life, because a dream is nothing like outer life where things could hurt you, but is an image like on a cinema screen, so that even if a gun is pointed at you and fired it can do no damage – except if you run in fear; so, all the things that scare you are simply your own fears projected onto the screen of your sleeping mind. In the early days of moving pictures, a film was shown of a train coming fast toward them; the viewers all fled in terror, fearing the train would crush them. That is exactly the same response if you are terrified or fearful of any thing you dream of.

The deep dark drop off is simply your dreams way showing you looking into yourself. That is because most of our mind remains unconscious, so most of what you are is in ‘darkness’. Many people, as their awareness reaches beyond what they feel is their normal self, feel scared. Such resistances cause us to create awful dreams and fears as a means of avoiding our own inner world and its wonders. We feel that we will be swallowed up and we will die. It is important to say that when we meet the experience of powerlessness through becoming aware of the hugeness of your Life, which we are usually unaware if, it feels like something alien or attacking and it is a shock. So, there is something that can take our breath away in confronting the unconscious. Perhaps this is understandable only if you have used snorkelling equipment to swim in deep water. Some years ago I was swimming along the edge of an island in the Mediterranean. I had my goggles on and was enjoying the view of the seabed about 15 feet below me. Suddenly, and quite unexpectedly, I swam over the edge of a sheer precipice under the water. I could not see the bottom of that precipice, and the water was very clear. It literally took my breath away and I scrambled back to shallower water. Then, only bit by bit, did I dare to swim out into that amazing depth.

So if you dare you can learn to swim without fear into the deep waters of yourself. Other dreams will slowly introduce you to that.

The sea snake – in dreams – is not harmful and represents an image connected with the force, purpose or energy behind the power of growth and unfolding. It is the force of life, the latent energy or potential within us, particularly the primal urge to survive. It leads us both to growth and death, along with the passionate emotions and urges that drive us so powerfully. The ancient civilisation of the South Americas saw the snake as a messenger of the gods. And it can be if we relate to it well, because it represents the force of Life in us – surely worth listening to!

It follows you because it is your own life energy, but because in our waking life we are brought up to be scared of snakes we tend to back off from them in our dreams too.

“Last night I dreamt I was outdoors walking through open ground, maybe at times gardens. I was with others - not sure who, and we frequently came across large snakes which we reacted to as if they were venomous. Then I came across a lot of them and they swarmed onto me. I froze, terrified that if I made a move I would be fatally bitten. But they just swarmed over my body and got under my clothes without harming me. Gradually I relaxed and slowly began to move about with the snakes still on me. They started to feel like a built in defence system which would attack anyone who was aggressive to me. At one point several large and aggressive dogs walked past me. They turned as if thinking about attacking, then appeared to sense the snakes and ran off cowed. As time passed the snakes felt like part of my body.”

Tony

Elena

• View Profile
Re: Waterless sea
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 04:03:45 AM »
Thank you