Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: It had me feeling really anxious  (Read 4122 times)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
It had me feeling really anxious
« on: March 20, 2019, 07:55:24 AM »
Hello - I came across your website today while trying to interpret an unsettling dream. I wanted to leave a comment and ask for an interpretation, but was unable to register. So I came looking for the Facebook page and found it  I wondered if you could provide insight into the dream.

In it, I was living on the top floor of a 3 level apartment building in what turned out to be a complex of them. I looked out the window and saw something huge going by. It looked like a monstrous oversized triceratops - as big as the building - and it was lumbering down the street.

The next thing I remember in the dream I was looking out another window on the other side of the building, perpendicular to the street where the driveway was and there was a huge, larger than the building, Brown bird perched on the roof of a car trying to drive in. Eventually the car stopped and the bird flew to the top of the apartment building two down from me. It stayed on the roof for a moment but the weight of it brought the 3rd floor toppling over as I watched. It was scary to see. The bird then flew away, but I kept looking for it and felt very anxious that it would come back and worried about getting out with my pets and if it was safer to leave or to go. I secured all the doors and then I woke up.

Thank you for your help with this. It had me feeling really anxious when I woke up. Namaste,
Jessica 🕉

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: It had me feeling really anxious
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 07:56:35 AM »
Jessica – First, just in case you do not know the background information about dreams, I will try by give you some idea about why for instance you met a huge triceratops.

To start with while we sleep our conscious self is largely or totally unconscious, and while we dream our voluntary muscles are paralysed – therefore another will or motivating force moves our body. So we have a Conscious Will, and what I will call a Life Will. The first one we have experience of as we can move our arm or speak in everyday activities; but the second will is in full operation when we sleep and in fact runs all our important life processes like breathing, heart beat, digestion and also dreams.

So humans live in two very different dimensions. The one most people identify with is the three dimensional physical world of the body. There a lot of rules to learn in this world; when very young we learn not to touch hot things; not to rush out into a road with moving cars. But as adults we have learnt not to step out into space while at a height because we will fall and have a major injury or die.

The second dimension is totally different and is experienced in dreams or deep levels of our mind/consciousness. It will surprise many people to realise that in this dimension you have no physical body – the body is not needed – although most people are so locked into thinking that their reality is their body, that they create a body image of themselves.

In this dimension we are in a wider awareness, in this wider awareness you leave the limited view of the three dimensional world most of us are trapped in, and enter a world beyond time and space.

But whenever we dream its images are not like real life, because a dream is nothing like outer life where things could hurt you, but is an image like on a cinema screen, so that even if a gun is pointed at you and fired it can do no damage – except if you run in fear; so, all the things that scare you are simply your own fears projected onto the screen of your sleeping mind. In the early days of moving pictures, a film was shown of a train coming fast toward them; the viewers all fled in terror, fearing the train would crush them. That is exactly the same response if you are terrified of any thing you dream of.

Because the two worlds are different, we tend to carry into our dreams, all the vital lessons we learn about the physical world, which makes dreams for most people hard to understand.

You were on the top of a three level apartment building – well dreams tend to try to represent very personal things in everyday images. So, in dreams we tend to put pictures or images collected from everyday experiences to put an interpretation on our formless dreams. We do this because we tend to have an experience of the world based on our body senses. So the building probably relates to you, because as far as dreams are concerned you live mostly in you head, the top of the building, the lowest level is your body, and the middle – heart - area is your emotions.

But in looking out from that perspective you see or glimpse a primeval creature. Most people do not accept that carry the most primitive of creatures in them, but you have three brains in you – the reptilian, the mammal and the human. See https://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/brain-levels-and-dreams

So you have begun to wider your awareness and so you glimpse these other levels of you. What have been up to, to gain this wider view?

Example: I was walking past a large building site which had been excavated for foundations. Rain had filled the excavated pits and a large lake had formed. As I walked past I could see ancient primitive creatures rising out of the water. One of them, a large dinosaur, came toward me. I was scared and ran away. The dinosaur followed and started speaking to me. I couldn’t understand what it said. Don.

Don explored his dream and says – I realised that through my internal digging into myself I had uncovered some feelings I had never met consciously before. This was about anxiety, which I had suffered from a lot, and about the anger I felt toward my step children for not appreciating the work I was putting into building them a home and working to provide. Seeing these things helped me understand what was behind my difficult feelings and fears. For instance I saw that fear is fundamental to all human experience, and I needed to meet it and help it to enter into the modern world instead of being repressed and remain primitive.

So Jessica you seem to be on the verge of finding a lot of depth within you that will enlarge you as a person.

The large bird - The power of the collective mind or unconscious. It may uplift or be felt as threatening; something that can protect or be felt as a threat. If felt as a threat remember that dreams are like computer game, nothing can actually harm you. See https://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/bird-birds/

Anything very large in a dream usually denotes the emotional and mental impact of the thing, as ‘It was a big thing in my life’. So again you are seeing and realising that your personality is very small and it scares you and so you try to protect your pets and lock the doors.

Many people as their awareness reaches beyond what they feel is their normal self feel scared. Such resistances cause us to create awful dreams and fears as a means of avoiding our own inner world and its wonders. We feel that we will be swallowed up and we will die. It is important to say that when we meet the experience of powerlessness through becoming aware of the hugeness of your Life, which we are usually unaware if, it feels like something alien or attacking and it is a shock.

When we begin to meet the Hugeness that we are, we often react to it in our dreams or in waking with fear or panic. So we dream of being attacked by aliens or frightening creatures; or being swallowed by a whale or something huge, a tsunami, or even possessed by evil entities. If we realise that they are things we have created through our own fear we will pass on. But otherwise it will continue to haunt us as something that will get you; or you feel uncertain even lost in facing it! But it is only our small self image, our ego that reacts because it feels powerless, even though in reality the Hugeness is part of our totality.

A single cell, which is a seed from which all life forms evolved from, doesn’t become old or die because it is immortal, for it keeps dividing and doesn’t die. In dividing it constantly creates copies of itself, but as it does so it gathers new experience, it changes what is copied, so becomes the ‘seed’ for multi-cellular organism. We all started from the original one cell, and we, you and I, are the result of gathered experience. No plant or creature grows from a dead seed, and each living seed carries within it all the past gathered from all its forebears. So, the seed in your mother’s womb is as old as and even older than human kind, and you carry that wisdom or memories in you. But in this life you developed a new brain, and the memories, education and programming you gathered this time are what you built your personality from, but beneath that is a very ancient self. To explore it see https://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/opening-to-life/

Tony

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 07:57:30 AM »
Wow. This is so in depth and helpful. I cannot thank you enough. It all makes sense and I cannot wait to reread and delve more deeply into the resources you have shared. I cannot thank you enough for taking time out of your day to respond to me in such a thoughtful and detailed way. I feel better and more knowledgeable. I appreciate that. Have a wonderful day!

Jessica

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 08:12:05 AM »
Jessica - It wasn't any effort, for it was all done with good feelings.

Tony